Premiership final 2023

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Premiership final 2023

Post by Rugbygramps »

Sides are up. Both sides hit by injuries in he back row but still very strong sides.

Interesting that Saracens have gone for Mawi over Mako as starting loose head.

Many on here not bothered with the result I know, but Saracens by 10 points for me
wigworth
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Premiership final 2023

Post by wigworth »

Rugbygramps wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 6:52 pm Sides are up. Both sides hit by injuries in he back row but still very strong sides.

Interesting that Saracens have gone for Mawi over Mako as starting loose head.

Many on here not bothered with the result I know, but Saracens by 10 points for me
I would agree, as much as I would like Ford to play a larger role in winning a final, I feel Sarries are the overall better team and probably deserve it win it based on the season as a whole.
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Is it wrong that I want Sarries to win….. Sanderson winds me up!
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Sides look pretty equal. I'd expect Sale to turn the screw up front but the experience in the Sarries backthree might swing the tactical game in their favour.

I'm not a Sanderson fan but am very much hoping for a George Ford masterclass in the hope it convinces Borthwick to give him the England 10 shirt for the world cup.
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 7:23 pm Is it wrong that I want Sarries to win….. Sanderson winds me up!
Fingers crossed for a draw….
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 7:23 pm Is it wrong that I want Sarries to win….. Sanderson winds me up!
Yup, it is morally wrong. :smt040 I get the same from Sanderson though.

I'll certainly be cheering on Sale hoping for Ford to control the win and for Farrell to finally get his just desserts and get sent off. :smt040

In any case it should be a good game of rugby.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

I get what people say about Sanderson, but is there really that much difference between him and Borthwick??

I would have had Sanderson at Tigers in a heartbeat
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Sanderson annoys me no end, but I'll be backing Sale. I don't think there's much to dislike about the current Sale outfit.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

This may help:

Confirmed line-ups
Saracens XV: 15 Alex Goode, 14 Max Malins, 13 Alex Lozowski, 12 Nick Tompkins, 11 Sean Maitland, 10 Owen Farrell (c), 9 Ivan Van Zyl; 1 Eroni Mawi, 2 Jamie George, 3 Marco Riccioni, 4 Maro Itoje, 5 Hugh Tizard, 6 Nick Isiekwe, 7 Ben Earl, 8 Jackson Wray

Replacements: 16 Theo Dan, 17 Mako Vunipola, 18 Christian Judge, 19 Callum Hunter-Hill, 20 Toby Knight, 21 Aled Davies, 22 Duncan Taylor, 23 Elliot Daly

Sale Sharks XV: 15. Joe Carpenter, 14. Tom Roebuck, 13. Rob du Preez, 12. Manu Tuilagi, 11. Arron Reed, 10. George Ford, 9. Gus Warr; 1. Simon McIntyre, 2. Akker van der Merwe, 3. Nick Schonert, 4. Jean-Luc du Preez, 5. Jonny Hill, 6. Tom Curry, 7. Sam Dugdale, 8. Jono Ross (C).

Replacements: 16. Ewan Ashman, 17. Bevan Rodd, 18. Coenie Oosthuizen, 19. Josh Beaumont, 20. Tom Ellis, 21. Raffi Quirke, 22. Sam James, 23. Tom O’Flaherty
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Don’t like either team but if I had to choose would prefer Saracens to win as Sanderson would be unbearable if Sale won whereas I quite like McCall.
A2O
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

I shall support Saracens its the only way to wipe the smug face off Sanderson and his Ex Tigers :smt003
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

ay2oh wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 10:00 am Don’t like either team but if I had to choose would prefer Saracens to win as Sanderson would be unbearable if Sale won whereas I quite like McCall.
That's pretty much my view as well, with the addition of something untoward happening to Farrell.

As an aside, they finished top of the league so are champions already for me.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

I have no personal feelings towards either team, dislike/hatred of a side is more of a soccer state of mind imo.

I just would like a decent game with no serious injuries to either side.
On a wider note if England hope to get past the quarterfinals at RWC both Farrell and Ford Ned to fit and firing
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 1:22 pm I have no personal feelings towards either team, dislike/hatred of a side is more of a soccer state of mind imo.

On a wider note if England hope to get past the quarterfinals at RWC both Farrell and Ford Ned to fit and firing
No- one mentioned hatred apart from you. Personally don’t care about England only Tigers and the earlier they get knocked out the quicker we get our players back. Regarding Farrell/ Ford getting injured I care as much about that as other teams fans care about our players getting injured.
A2O
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

ay2oh wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 1:30 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 1:22 pm I have no personal feelings towards either team, dislike/hatred of a side is more of a soccer state of mind imo.

No- one mentioned hatred apart from you. Personally don’t care about England only Tigers and the earlier they get knocked out the quicker we get our players back. Regarding Farrell/ Ford getting injured I care as much about that as other teams fans care about our players getting injured.
And you are welcome to that opinion. No one used the word hatred but got damn close.
Shame you won’t be watching RWC as you don’t care about England and by logical progression test rugby. It has the makings of a cracking tournament