Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Re: Premiership final 2023

Post by ay2oh »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 1:50 pm
ay2oh wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 1:30 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 1:22 pm I have no personal feelings towards either team, dislike/hatred of a side is more of a soccer state of mind imo.

I just would like a decent game with no serious injuries to either side.
On a wider note if England hope to get past the quarterfinals at RWC both Farrell and Ford Ned to fit and firing
No- one mentioned hatred apart from you. Personally don’t care about England only Tigers and the earlier they get knocked out the quicker we get our players back. Regarding Farrell/ Ford getting injured I care as much about that as other teams fans care about our players getting injured.
And you are welcome to that opinion. No one used the word hatred but got damn close.
Shame you won’t be watching RWC as you don’t care about England and by logical progression test rugby. It has the makings of a cracking tournament
At no time did I say that I wouldn’t be watching the World Cup. I will watch it as a neutral and hope that the team that plays the best rugby wins but can guarantee that won’t be England. My opinion of the RFU was already very low but after their actions this season can only hope England fail miserably so that change at the top is inevitable. As an aside I am not the only fan that cares more about Tigers than England .
A2O
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

ay2oh wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 1:58 pm
ay2oh wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 1:30 pm
No- one mentioned hatred apart from you. Personally don’t care about England only Tigers and the earlier they get knocked out the quicker we get our players back. Regarding Farrell/ Ford getting injured I care as much about that as other teams fans care about our players getting injured.
And you are welcome to that opinion. No one used the word hatred but got damn close.
Shame you won’t be watching RWC as you don’t care about England and by logical progression test rugby. It has the makings of a cracking tournament
At no time did I say that I wouldn’t be watching the World Cup. I will watch it as a neutral and hope that the team that plays the best rugby wins but can guarantee that won’t be England. My opinion of the RFU was already very low but after their actions this season can only hope England fail miserably so that change at the top is inevitable. As an aside I am not the only fan that cares more about Tigers than England .
No you are not but to hope that your national side fails, a side that will contain a number of Tigers players who you support, because of dislike of the sports governing body, is in my view narrow minded at best.
But if you are happy to see the likes of Martin, JVP, Kelly, Steward, Watson, suffer huge disappointment while playing for their country, the pinnacle of any sportsman career, then that is your call
Postiger2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Postiger2 »

I don't dislike many teams, but I can't stand either of these sides. Couldn't care less who wins. I guess Sale are slightly less cheat-y, if I had to pick a winner.

Would much rather have seen Saints win it than either of these, which says a lot.
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 2:09 pm

No you are not but to hope that your national side fails, a side that will contain a number of Tigers players who you support, because of dislike of the sports governing body, is in my view narrow minded at best.
But if you are happy to see the likes of Martin, JVP, Kelly, Steward, Watson, suffer huge disappointment while playing for their country, the pinnacle of any sportsman career, then that is your call
You have your opinion I have mine. Let’s leave it at that .
A2O
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

ay2oh wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 2:29 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 2:09 pm
You have your opinion I have mine. Let’s leave it at that .
More than happy to do and respect that opinion
Tykger

Post by Tykger »

Im cheering for George Ford. I suppose by virtue of that, Sale. Really want to see George get that moment when he shows what a great player he is. COYG !!
Tykger

Post by Tykger »

Im cheering for George Ford. I suppose by virtue of that, Sale. Really want to see George get that moment when he shows what a great player he is. COYG !!
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Huge segments of HQ empty, yet another example of the shocking administration by the RFU and Prem Rugby
TiltonTiger

Post by TiltonTiger »

Not entirely. They are not well supported teams.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

TiltonTiger wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 3:15 pm Not entirely. They are not well supported teams.
The final attendances have been down year on year and Sarries haven't struggled to bring fans to finals or big games in the past, also whilst Sale aren't the biggest club they've been having record attendances this season
Lutontiger

Post by Lutontiger »

Saracens off their feet as usual…
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

kpj tiger wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 3:18 pm
TiltonTiger wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 3:15 pm Not entirely. They are not well supported teams.
The final attendances have been down year on year and Sarries haven't struggled to bring fans to finals or big games in the past, also whilst Sale aren't the biggest club they've been having record attendances this season
Still average less than 7k
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

😂
A2O
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

RagingBull wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 3:22 pm
Still average less than 7k
Sarries average around 10k and yet they play their part?

Edit: And in Sales last prem final appearance the attendance was pretty much the same as the previous and next finals including Wasps and Gloucester
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Who do the RFU use for security at HQ? that's the prankster joining the national anthems and now just stop oil storming the pitch in the last couple years