Champions Cup Final

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tykger

Re: Champions Cup Final

Post by Tykger »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 6:42 pm :smt043 :smt043 :smt043 :smt043 :smt043

Merci La Rochelle

I find Leinster as a side and fans to extremely arrogant they have the squad they do as the IRU place most of them there but act like they build their own success. The arrogance of their team selection last weekend deserved this loss too
I didn't get to watch as we are away in the van. I really, really, really hope Doylum and O' Dipstick are humble and kind on reviewing the match ........NOT !!!!

That is really awful of me, and I will chastise myself, however their overwhelming brown nosing of Leinster is just vomit inducing .
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Some talk of Johnny Sexton getting into some kind of altercation with La Rochelle representatives at half time...
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
wigworth
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wigworth »

Apparently he was after Jaco as well.

https://twitter.com/RuaidhriOC/status/1 ... 9518413827
BengalTiger

Post by BengalTiger »

Leinster were diving off thier feet at the ruck all match it took a serious injury for the one eyed ref to notice, nothing new here then!
So justice was done in the end but if the player had not been knocked out cold Payper woukld have just carried on until Leinster won.
Well done La Rochele, they have some big units dont they?
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

The infringements at the ruck were so many and varied, it was hard to keep up. So much was missed, ordinarily you’d expect the clear out that led to Bougerit clutching his chin would be looked at, but no. Wouldn’t be surprised if the expectation was that if you keep the pace up, the officials won’t be able to cope, especially ones like Peyper!
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Jaco finally gets stuff right and understands what offside really means. I lost count how many times Leinster were offside.
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

La Rochelle describe Leinster as disrespectful (summarising parts of it)....

https://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/ ... 63899.html

Congrats La Rochelle once more, I'm still :smt005 :smt005 :smt005 :smt005 (I have some feeling/sympathy for Leo Cullen though)
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Leinster are a bit like the All Blacks in that they seem to have an invisibility cloak where referees constantly miss their infringements like off heir feet, in at the side, obstruction, offside etc. glad that they lost
A2O
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Great to see La Rochelle win it, what a town, what a coach, what a squad ! Feel a bit sorry (not much) for Leinster. All the great sides have bent the laws over the years, Tigers included, so there's nothing new there, but with cameras everywhere it's more pronounced now. Ryan coming off was crucial I thought. It wouldn't surprise me to see the same 2 clubs in the final next season, which whilst it would be another cracker, doesn't really do much for the game.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

westwinds31 wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 11:01 am Great to see La Rochelle win it, what a town, what a coach, what a squad ! Feel a bit sorry (not much) for Leinster. All the great sides have bent the laws over the years, Tigers included, so there's nothing new there, but with cameras everywhere it's more pronounced now. Ryan coming off was crucial I thought. It wouldn't surprise me to see the same 2 clubs in the final next season, which whilst it would be another cracker, doesn't really do much for the game.
Agree and disagree. La Rochelle is a great town. Visited years back and it's a lot of fun, shame you can't fly from East Mids anymore.

Ryan coming off was a massive blow, he's a leader and a underrated lineout general. Really crucial to them at the set piece.

A third final between the two might make it seem a bit of a closed shop but these last two finals have been a great advert for the game. Lots of big hits, tries and small margins between the teams. I'd much rather another enthralling final between those two than a one sided affair or two conservative teams.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

I too, am really chuffed for La Rochelle, and although being a Toulouse supporter, wouldn't begrudge them winning the Brennus Shield (the Top14 champion's trophy).
There's still one round to go in the Top14, which is next Saturday evening, and la Rochelle have a home match against Stade Français.
La Rochelle and Toulouse have already qualified for the Top14 semifinals (to be played in San Sébastien on June 9/10), but the Champions' Cup and Top14 double is a huge ask.
Could La Rochelle do it? We'll see!
Semper in excretia
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

Leinster have been cheating like this for years, angd getting away with it. Pryper was gobsmackingluy useless, as Healey pointed out. Brendan Gallacher in the Rugby Paper called him out, basically saying what I wrote in the first sentence. Good riddance to Leinster, at least they are world class chokers...
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Robespierre wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 1:23 pm I too, am really chuffed for La Rochelle, and although being a Toulouse supporter, wouldn't begrudge them winning the Brennus Shield (the Top14 champion's trophy).
There's still one round to go in the Top14, which is next Saturday evening, and la Rochelle have a home match against Stade Français.
La Rochelle and Toulouse have already qualified for the Top14 semifinals (to be played in San Sébastien on June 9/10), but the Champions' Cup and Top14 double is a huge ask.
Could La Rochelle do it? We'll see!
Top14 Semis in San Sebastien? Sounds like the perfect weekend away!
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Not sure I like this slagging off of all things Leinster.

From what I've read they have largely done things the right way.

I don't believe refs are biased so if Leinster are playing a certain way and not getting penalised others should simply do the same.

Reminds me of the era when we won European Cups and known as cheats.