Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

RunTigerRun
Gold Member
Gold Member

Pinchen vs RFU

Post by RunTigerRun »

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/rugby-un ... y-30017588

Incredible how the RFU think / thought they could take the coaching team mid-season from the current prem champs and one of their own feeder Premiership level teams, without offering any decent form of compensation.

Any premiership club would be well within their rights to decline / refuse - and I can only applaud Andrea for standing up for the club. 👏🏻 I think it’s said a lot, but I truly mean when I say we are very lucky to have her steering our club.

The way she dealt with the ‘negotiations’ from the RFU is nothing short of admirable. If it was me I’d have taken the ‘FU’ in RFU in a different direction… 😏👀
Tykger

Re: Pinchen vs RFU

Post by Tykger »

Go Andrea ! Perhaps she is the answer to questions raised on other posts about sorting out the future of professional rugby structures. Hope she writes a book one day on her life, career and the last five years.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Bill Sweeney and the RFU just aren't fit for purpose anymore, unfortunately I don't see anything changing until the whole game goes down the toilet
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

I'm concerned that Andrea's competency may cause the RFU to try and poach her too...
CogGom
Tiger Cub

Post by CogGom »

She really came to the fore during Covid, I guess there’s a lot behind the scenes that we’ll never know about, but for me she gets on and does what’s necessary, without looking for plaudits, and with the best interest of the club in mind - can’t ask for more
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

Seems like theres a lot more tht could have been added to the story. Well done AP for sticking up for Tigers and not rolling over! 👏
daktari
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by daktari »

This just shows the attitude and contempt the RFU has for the clubs and participants
find a better way of life, http://www.marillion.com

marillion 19, coming ....er not sure..
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

She almost implies (but not quite) that he comes across as a misogynistic bully.
RunTigerRun
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RunTigerRun »

Tykger wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 11:02 am Go Andrea ! Perhaps she is the answer to questions raised on other posts about sorting out the future of professional rugby structures. Hope she writes a book one day on her life, career and the last five years.
That is a book I would love to read!!
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Pinchen has been a great CEO, barely put a foot wrong in her tenure, (only really the crypto sponsorship I think has been a bad call tbh).

The way she has got to where she is and how she runs Tigers is something I hope continues for a long time.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Darc Tiger wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 11:15 am I'm concerned that Andrea's competency may cause the RFU to try and poach her too...
She'd be too straight talking for them!
Unfortunately for rugby in this country I can't see the blazers relinquishing power any time soon!
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

It doesn't paint Borthwick in a good light either.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
robwatts77

Post by robwatts77 »

tigerburnie wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 2:44 pm It doesn't paint Borthwick in a good light either.
Why doesn't it? He was totally honest with Tigers throughout his tenure.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

tigerburnie wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 2:44 pm It doesn't paint Borthwick in a good light either.
I think his intentions were clear very early on. However I do think he probably had his coaching team in place that he wanted for England all along and was likely just making the right noises when 'looking at coaches'!
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

robwatts77 wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 2:59 pm
Why doesn't it? He was totally honest with Tigers throughout his tenure.
"England point out that Borthwick, pictured with RFU boss Bill Sweeney, only went back to Leicester to recruit coaches he had brought to the club"

Tigers didn't stop him talking to England, but this statement doesn't make good reading, did Tigers know that the deal was pretty much all our coaching squad rather than just one person?
There was a lot of ill feeling at Bath about the way he left them, just feels like he's not been as up front as he might have been, did Tigers give Borthwick permission to come and recruit our coaches? I don't know as I wasn't in the room, but this remark printed under the picture implies something to me.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.