Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Exiles set for Exile?

Post by Darc Tiger »

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/rugby/ ... 83390.html
Sources close to the club have revealed concerns that the long-term aim of proposed investors would be to pave the way for the Hazelwood facility to be sold to either the NFL itself, or a London franchise.
“Everything about London Irish will be bigger and better, the consortium partners remain entirely confident,” said a spokesperson for the Exiles’ prospective new owners.

“Everyone is working around the clock to complete the transaction, and working towards the deadline that the consortium has been aware of for some time."
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

https://12ft.io/proxy?q=https%3A%2F%2Fw ... g-ahead%2F
London Irish players have been assured that negotiations over a takeover deal remain active, but no funds have materialised with just four days until the Rugby Football Union’s deadline.
“The deal is still active, with Mick speaking to the US into the night and early hours of the morning to progress,” reads the email from Alli, which was sent just after 2pm on Friday.

“We have not received the funds as yet, nor confirmation of the funds, but have had email communication this morning to indicate that these are expected imminently and now have more details over the remitting bank."
wigworth
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wigworth »

Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

10 team Prem it is then... At least there's no arguments over who was gonna bite the bullet...
daktari
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by daktari »

The whole thing is a house of cards and no-one is mentioning the Elephant in the room. Saracens are directly responsible for this mess by inflating the players wages and yet have escaped pretty much Scott free
find a better way of life, http://www.marillion.com

marillion 19, coming ....er not sure..
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

daktari wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 10:19 pm The whole thing is a house of cards and no-one is mentioning the Elephant in the room. Saracens are directly responsible for this mess by inflating the players wages and yet have escaped pretty much Scott free
I really don't know why I'm writing this, I lost interest in the Saracens debate a long time ago, but they can hardly be considered to have inflated wages across the Premiership by anything more than a marginal amount.

The only large breach of the cap was the Itoje image rights thing, most of the rest were small amounts, and many were actually loans that players would eventually have to pay back. Cheating, yes... inflating wages across the league, no.

Pretty much every club is guilty of inflating wages to a level above what they and the rest of the league can afford, regardless of whether they've stayed within the cap or not. This is a mess that the whole of Premiership rugby is fully responsible for.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

All about supply and demand…..if you want the best players then you will have to compete for them and pay the market rate. Squad sizes have reduced to ensure that players fit into the salary cap allowance.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

daktari wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 10:19 pm The whole thing is a house of cards and no-one is mentioning the Elephant in the room. Saracens are directly responsible for this mess by inflating the players wages and yet have escaped pretty much Scott free
Why does this have to be brought up every possibility. They didn’t inflate wages, they didn’t poach players from every premiership club, if any. It was about payments to existing players through investing in business interests , property etc.

If Irish do go under then all 3 clubs will have done so through financial mismanagement, in different ways, nothing to do with salary costs that have gone down anyway
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

If we are gonna talk about wage inflation, surely the French were the biggest influence.
sk 88
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sk 88 »

One of the thing that doesn't seem to have been talked about much is that Irish do have a very strong asset in Hazelwood training ground, that makes them very vulnerable to bad actors & makes the club fairly valuable just for that.

It is around 18 acres (5 full pitches, plus the clubhouse & car park and good surrounding land) in Sunbury just off the M3. They bought it for about £10m I think, and it would be worth a small fortune as houses even at low density. Now people will talk about planning but given the amounts involved people will be willing to give it a go.

I can't believe the amateur club that is a tenant of the pro club is so quiet, an administration could be a nightmare for them in the short term & in the long term massively puts them at risk as it under cuts their long term home. Even not as housing a team like Fulham may be sniffing around as a training base (their owner also owns the Jacksonville Jaguars that are regularly linked to re-location to London).
Goooooodeeeeeyyyyy!
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

sk 88 wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 10:45 am One of the thing that doesn't seem to have been talked about much is that Irish do have a very strong asset in Hazelwood training ground, that makes them very vulnerable to bad actors & makes the club fairly valuable just for that.

It is around 18 acres (5 full pitches, plus the clubhouse & car park and good surrounding land) in Sunbury just off the M3. They bought it for about £10m I think, and it would be worth a small fortune as houses even at low density. Now people will talk about planning but given the amounts involved people will be willing to give it a go.

I can't believe the amateur club that is a tenant of the pro club is so quiet, an administration could be a nightmare for them in the short term & in the long term massively puts them at risk as it under cuts their long term home. Even not as housing a team like Fulham may be sniffing around as a training base (their owner also owns the Jacksonville Jaguars that are regularly linked to re-location to London).
Is Michael Jordan also involved with Jacksonville or am I imagining that
Nofrontteeth
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Nofrontteeth »

I fear for Mr 'double glazing' Doyle's depression :smt022 with his home team failing in Europe and his adopted Anglo team looking oh so vulnerable :smt022.
I hope for his sanity that Ireland don't go out early in the RWC.

And before you tell me off :smt018 I like LI's game it's as others have said down to cold money management, good or bad.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Nofrontteeth wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 3:11 pm I fear for Mr 'double glazing' Doyle's depression :smt022 with his home team failing in Europe and his adopted Anglo team looking oh so vulnerable :smt022.

And before you tell me off :smt018 I like LI's game it's as others have said down to cold money management, good or bad.
There are some rumours Doyle may be moving to fill the vacant sofa on itv
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 7:51 pm
Nofrontteeth wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 3:11 pm I fear for Mr 'double glazing' Doyle's depression :smt022 with his home team failing in Europe and his adopted Anglo team looking oh so vulnerable :smt022.

There are some rumours Doyle may be moving to fill the vacant sofa on itv
Let's hope so.....but then he might get the ITV world Cup gig..
To win is not as important as playing with style!
TiltonTiger

Post by TiltonTiger »

...And then there were 10:

Telegraph reporting that Irish will be suspended by RFU.