Play Off Semi-final - Saracens vs Saints

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Play Off Semi-final - Saracens vs Saints

Post by Darc Tiger »

Munster hit a late dropgoal to turn over Leinster at the Aviva!
wigworth
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wigworth »

Darc Tiger wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 7:29 pm Munster hit a late dropgoal to turn over Leinster at the Aviva!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
:smt044 :smt044 :smt044
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Darc Tiger wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 7:29 pm Munster hit a late dropgoal to turn over Leinster at the Aviva!
Leinster rested quite a few for next week. Was going to backfire eventually
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 7:55 pm
Leinster rested quite a few for next week. Was going to backfire eventually
Now if they lose next week too that WILL be funny!!!!
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Nofrontteeth
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Nofrontteeth »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 6:17 pm
Old Hob wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 6:14 pm The end on view (ie from Tempest's side) clearly showed the foot in touch and Tempest failing to see it.
From what I saw 2 players blocked his view of Farrell foot., if he didn’t see it he didn’t see it.
2 points, in the grand scheme does it matter, secondly would it even be mentioned if Tempest hadn’t made the error last week
I may be wrong but the head on down the line tv shots showed the neighbouring flag wagger with a clear view but looking in field. Doesn't the old title 'touch judge' give a clue to their role :smt017
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Nofrontteeth wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 8:01 pm
Old Hob wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 6:14 pm The end on view (ie from Tempest's side) clearly showed the foot in touch and Tempest failing to see it.
From what I saw 2 players blocked his view of Farrell foot., if he didn’t see it he didn’t see it.
2 points, in the grand scheme does it matter, secondly would it even be mentioned if Tempest hadn’t made the error last week
I may be wrong but the head on down the line tv shots showed the neighbouring flag wagger with a clear view but looking in field. Doesn't the old title 'touch judge' give a clue to their role :smt017
Only saying what I saw. The most interesting view would be from behind Tempest to see what if anything was blocking his view of Farrell foot.
If as others have suggested he could see it he is either incompetent a cheat or both.
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

Lawes is now nowhere near International standard.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

No one gave us the score. :smt017
Greenwhiteandred
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Greenwhiteandred »

Nofrontteeth wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 8:01 pm
Exactly “Tempo” had clear line of sight if he was looking down the touchline as per his job description. And it made a massive difference as Saints were in the comeback but ended up scrumming on their own line which ended up with a penalty try and a yellow card which ended said comeback. Nothing to do with last weekend - just calling out poor officiating.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Huge difference in the shot down the line towards Tempo which to my mind shows his view blocked as he is 5 yards behind , and what we may be able to see from the view behind him.
I may be wrong but it does seem that posters on here are more concerned with criticising officials, than congratulating Saracens on reaching the final, and mentioning the top drawer performers like Earl and Farrell.

That and the ridiculous levels of moderation that take place on here, mean I’m gone.

Enjoy your rugby everyone
Greenwhiteandred
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Greenwhiteandred »

I mean there seem to be some posters on here that just want to take a contrary view to everyone to support their opinion that we are all after their officials …… despite the fact there is a TV shot from behind of Tempo having a clear view of Farrell’s foot in touch which is what I , and I guess the many other posters who have expressed the same opinion of the poor touch judging by Tempo, have formed our opinion on.
And does this mean you’ve really gone as you’ve thrown your toys out the pram when you’ve been in the minority quite a few times ?
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

It's very different seeing the Farrell foot in touch on the numerous ultra slow mo replays that we saw, compared to live in play at full speed.

The human brain isn't capable of focusing on 2 things at once. In the replays because they're so slowed down we can look at his foot in touch, and still have time to look up and see the ball still in his hand. At full speed that simply isn't possible.

Sure, Tempest could have seen Farrell's foot in touch, but by the time he switches focus slightly to the ball, it's already left Farrell's hand.

Incredibly difficult to get right in real time, and I think the officials need to be cut some slack on this one.
baz1664
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by baz1664 »

Tiglon wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 8:16 am It's very different seeing the Farrell foot in touch on the numerous ultra slow mo replays that we saw, compared to live in play at full speed.

The human brain isn't capable of focusing on 2 things at once. In the replays because they're so slowed down we can look at his foot in touch, and still have time to look up and see the ball still in his hand. At full speed that simply isn't possible.

Sure, Tempest could have seen Farrell's foot in touch, but by the time he switches focus slightly to the ball, it's already left Farrell's hand.

Incredibly difficult to get right in real time, and I think the officials need to be cut some slack on this one.
If that phase had carried on and resulted in a try then I am pretty sure the foot in touch would have been checked, the try disallowed and Saints would have had a line out at half way!!

I think Sarries deserved the victory but when TMO’s knit pick on forward passes and suspicious knock ons then I can’t understand why close proximity to the touch line breaks are not checked as a matter of course.

Hey ho come on Tigers!!!
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

baz1664 wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 8:55 am
Tiglon wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 8:16 am It's very different seeing the Farrell foot in touch on the numerous ultra slow mo replays that we saw, compared to live in play at full speed.

If that phase had carried on and resulted in a try then I am pretty sure the foot in touch would have been checked, the try disallowed and Saints would have had a line out at half way!!

I think Sarries deserved the victory but when TMO’s knit pick on forward passes and suspicious knock ons then I can’t understand why close proximity to the touch line breaks are not checked as a matter of course.

Hey ho come on Tigers!!!
I think it was too many phases back to be che ked, according to the rules? Happy to be corrected on that though.

Regardless, if I was a Saints fan I would be utterly furious that the try was given, I just don't think the referee or touch judge are to blame. Is TMO allowed to interject for foot in touch? Would they even have time to check it while having to watch play continue? Should referee be able to go back more phases to check these things?
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Or is a missed foot in touch a "rugby incident"?
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina