Our 2022/23 season leavers

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Our 2022/23 season leavers

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

Just wanted to say a massive thank you to every single one of them for their contributions last season and this. A shame to see Calum going - he's one of those massively underrated players who did a lot of unseen work to help others to shine. Good luck to all of them in whatever life brings their way next. Once a Tiger, always a Tiger
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Our 2022/23 season leavers

Post by fentiger »

Yes, second that, and also would add Wiggy & Aled to the list. Wiggy's undoubtedly got us out of the mire this season and proven his coaching credentials, Aled, well it's probably already been said dozens of times, but without him we wouldn't have, probably, the fittest squad in the Prem! :smt023 :smt023
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Agree with the above. Will be very interested to see which coaches are incoming.
A2O
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

fentiger wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 11:50 am Yes, second that, and also would add Wiggy & Aled to the list. Wiggy's undoubtedly got us out of the mire this season and proven his coaching credentials, Aled, well it's probably already been said dozens of times, but without him we wouldn't have, probably, the fittest squad in the Prem! :smt023 :smt023
Agree re Aled....far less obvious with WW.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Tom Harrison also going to England according to the press.
No matter what happens in the next two games everyone at Tigers: you’ve done us proud.
Thanks.
One more lot of noise to make today
then even more noise wherever we are next week!
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 11:56 am
fentiger wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 11:50 am Yes, second that, and also would add Wiggy & Aled to the list. Wiggy's undoubtedly got us out of the mire this season and proven his coaching credentials, Aled, well it's probably already been said dozens of times, but without him we wouldn't have, probably, the fittest squad in the Prem! :smt023 :smt023
I think WW credentials have been very much enhanced. It could have all gone seriously wrong after Borthwick and Sinfield left and after a wobbly few weeks, we have arguably been the form premiership side since January
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 12:00 pm
I think WW credentials have been very much enhanced. It could have all gone seriously wrong after Borthwick and Sinfield left and after a wobbly few weeks, we have arguably been the form premiership side since January
Since a certain consultant came in...
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Pellsey wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 12:50 pm

Oh well I’m glad you cleared that up. Wigglesworth takes no credit at all then
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 12:55 pm

No,no... I'm certainly not saying that!!! :smt040 We were shaken up by both coaches leaving, then with help we got back on track. Wig was also coach early season when we weren't great. I'm really not saying he takes no credit, but not all of it. We've also had better fixtures since Jan (home games etc.)

We've definitely been the form side though, whatever the reasons.
Last edited by Pellsey on Sat May 06, 2023 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

I'd join in thanking those who turned around a very difficult situation we found ourselves in. No idea who in particular takes any credit, as like the rest of us I don't actually know who pulled the side together, so I'll not bother making an disparaging comments about anyone without any idea what anyone has or has not done. It sadly is prevalent these days that people with a keyboard can make un substantiated comments about things they have little or no knowledge of.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Pellsey wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 1:03 pm
No,no... I'm certainly not saying that!!! :smt040 We were shaken up by both coaches leaving, then with help we got back on track. Wig was also coach early season when we weren't great. I'm really not saying he takes no credit, but not all of it.
Certainly from what we’ve heard Danny Wilson has had a very positive impact. As in all sport it’s the top guy that lives or dies by results. Maybe best to say that Wigglesworth and his team have presided over the upturn, and I’m assuming that in his role as head coach he will have had at least some input in getting Wilson on board
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 1:13 pm
Pellsey wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 1:03 pm

No,no... I'm certainly not saying that!!! :smt040 We were shaken up by both coaches leaving, then with help we got back on track. Wig was also coach early season when we weren't great. I'm really not saying he takes no credit, but not all of it.
Certainly from what we’ve heard Danny Wilson has had a very positive impact. As in all sport it’s the top guy that lives or dies by results. Maybe best to say that Wigglesworth and his team have presided over the upturn, and I’m assuming that in his role as head coach he will have had at least some input in getting Wilson on board
Agreed! I'm also going on comments made by Ben Youngs, who knows better than us.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

The return to fitness of Pollard is possibly the biggest impact.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 1:39 pm The return to fitness of Pollard is possibly the biggest impact.
yes certainly a big factor
A2O
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 1:39 pm The return to fitness of Pollard is possibly the biggest impact.
I'd also agree with that. I think there are lots of reasons why we have improved, certainly more that just Wig (whom I am not putting down - he has been good, but, to avoid another misunderstanding...)