When will Tigers sort out semi tickets

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

When will Tigers sort out semi tickets

Post by Ian Cant »

I really cannot understand how little information the club has put out about the semi-final!
Saracens and Saints superb communication but nothing from our club!
Yes, Sale haven’t covered themselves in glory either.
Not just for Tigers’ fans sake, but for genuine rugby fans surely what has happened this season should never be allowed to happen again!
In 40 years of following Tigers home and away I’ve never felt so disappointed in the way both Tigers and Sale have dealt with the sale of tickets for such an important game.
This season, because of family illness I missed the away game at Sale for the first time in ages. This meant I wasn’t entitled to a ticket despite being registered with Sale for tickets!
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Re: When will Tigers sort out semi tickets

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

It's almost as if there is an issue with communication from the club.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Perhaps it is merely that it is a Bank holiday and normal service will be resumed tomorrow.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Old Hob wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 9:34 pm Perhaps it is merely that it is a Bank holiday and normal service will be resumed tomorrow.
It wasn't a bank holiday all last week....
To win is not as important as playing with style!
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

We might not be playing at Sale....................................unlikely I know, but it is possible we could be going to the Stone X, still got Quins to beat.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Tigersunited

Post by Tigersunited »

I understand your frustration, I think it would be wrong to communicate about a game that my never happen.
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

Once the fixture is a known fact, not just a statistical likelihood.
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
anz3001
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by anz3001 »

I’ve seen an email, from Sale, to a Tigers support, that says there is an allocation to the away team and once the opponent is confirmed it will be sent to the respective club.

“Hi,
Leicester Tigers supporters will get their own allocation, and the link will be emailed to the club once you are confirmed. They will then go on sale on Monday at a time to be confirmed between the clubs.”
glenn

Post by glenn »

Are we guaranteed be playing sale?

No. Not 100%

That is why. Simple!
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

I do tend to agree that it throws up all sorts of problems selling tickets for a game which might not happen, and Sale can hardly send us the away allocation and then ask for them back.
I do agree a communication from the club saying when they plan to put tickets on sale would be good but it was a bank holiday yesterday
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

To those who say tickets cannot be sold. I got this from Saints last week.

Ian,

The men in Black, Green and Gold have sealed their place in the Gallagher Premiership semi-finals for the second consecutive year – and short of a 63-point defeat for Leicester Tigers in the final round of fixtures next weekend, Northampton will face Saracens at StoneX Stadium on Saturday 13 May (kick-off: 3.30pm).

Saints supporters will have access to an initial allocation of tickets for the game from 12pm on Tuesday 2 May; Season Ticket Holders and Members will enjoy priority windows of 48hrs and 24hrs respectively, before any remaining tickets are released on general sale from 12pm on Thursday 4 May.

Season Ticket Holders, Members and then those opted in to hear from Northampton Saints via email will receive unique links to purchase tickets at those times.

Should Saints not face Saracens in the Premiership semi-finals, Saracens will issue refunds to supporters who purchased tickets through Saints’ unique ticket links. Please note; any tickets purchased by Saints supporters using other methods will NOT BE REFUNDED should Northampton’s semi-final opposition change.

Prices start from £32.50 for adults, £24.50 for 65+ / Under-24s, and £16.25 for Under-16s, and orders are limited to two tickets only per customer. The Club cannot guarantee that separate orders will be seated together within the stadium.

On-sale dates for semi-final tickets:
12pm Tuesday 2 May – 48hr priority access for Season Ticket Holders
12pm Wednesday 3 May – 24hr priority access for Saints Members
12pm Thursday 4 May – any remaining tickets released on general sale
s.gif
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

That’s Saracens selling tickets. If Tigers sell tickets and by some quirk of fate we don’t play Sale, Tigers will have to refund the money and then Tigers get the money back from Sale.

I think you should be addressing this to Sale not Tigers
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Ian Cant wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 8:37 pm I really cannot understand how little information the club has put out about the semi-final!
What semi-final? It's not confirmed so unless Sale offer any guarantees such as the ones Saracens have, then there's nothing the club can do about it.

This is the important bit from your Saracens email.
Should Saints not face Saracens in the Premiership semi-finals, Saracens will issue refunds to supporters who purchased tickets through Saints’ unique ticket links. Please note; any tickets purchased by Saints supporters using other methods will NOT BE REFUNDED should Northampton’s semi-final opposition change.
This is what Saracens are doing, in liaison with Saints, but either way it would have been Saracens' call.

I'm all for being critical where it's due, but the ball is firmly in Sale's court here and there's little the club can do about it.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Note on the Tigers' website applying to all tickets it appears:

"PLEASE NOTE: Match tickets for the2022/23 season will go on sale only AFTER kick-off times and dates have been confirmed by the club, tournament organisers and their broadcast partners throughout the season."
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

The difference as I see it is that both Saracens and Sale will be selling tickets to their home semi final opponents to be confirmed.

Tigers cannot sell tickets for a game they might not even be playing in, and if they sold them as Sale v Tigers on May 14th I’m not sure that is even strictly legal