Tigers v Quins (H) - Saturday 06th May 2023 - KO 4-00pm

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Tigers v Quins (H) - Saturday 06th May 2023 - KO 4-00pm

Post by TomWeston »

johnthegriff wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 11:10 am I sit in the Crumble opposite side to the incident, I and the people around me said immediately that the initial impact had been to the shoulder and had ridden up, this view was confirmed to us when we saw the replay on the big screen, personally I think Tempest saw what he wanted to see his as he did slightly earlier in the match when he judged the taking out of Brown in the air for which he had already signalled a penalty advantage was actually a knock on by Brown. I would hope that someone somewhere is privately questioning why and how he arrived at that decision.
Go and have a laugh at the Queens’ website, come allwithin. I often look in and they are forever critical of this website and the attitude of Tigers’ supporters.

They are so sure of the culpability of Chris Ashton that they not only can’t get their collective heads (topped by a jester or fool’s cap for harlequins of the past) around the possibility of more/better camera angles clearing him, they also deprecate the evidence of their own number 2 golden boy, Caden Murley, who supported Ashton’s account.

Whoodathunkit that a Hairy Queen or 2 could be wrong?
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

TomWeston wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 6:07 pm
johnthegriff wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 11:10 am I sit in the Crumble opposite side to the incident, I and the people around me said immediately that the initial impact had been to the shoulder and had ridden up, this view was confirmed to us when we saw the replay on the big screen, personally I think Tempest saw what he wanted to see his as he did slightly earlier in the match when he judged the taking out of Brown in the air for which he had already signalled a penalty advantage was actually a knock on by Brown. I would hope that someone somewhere is privately questioning why and how he arrived at that decision.
Go and have a laugh at the Queens’ website, come allwithin. I often look in and they are forever critical of this website and the attitude of Tigers’ supporters.

They are so sure of the culpability of Chris Ashton that they not only can’t get their collective heads (topped by a jester or fool’s cap for harlequins of the past) around the possibility of more/better camera angles clearing him, they also deprecate the evidence of their own number 2 golden boy, Caden Murley, who supported Ashton’s account.

Compare that to the Sale Fans Forum where they are much more even-handed about it....to be fair.
Last edited by Scuttle on Fri May 12, 2023 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
As Good As It Gets
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Scuttle wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 8:51 pm
TomWeston wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 6:07 pm

Compare that to the Sale Fans Forum where they are much more even-habded about it....to be fair.
That's cus Sale and us don't have our ego's constantly inflated by the London media...
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Sort of related. Crusaders v Blues from New Zealand. High hit by Blues 7 on Crusaders 10. Ref has one view on big screen gives yellow with review, whole thing takes 30 seconds. Within 5 minutes TMO has reviewed and up graded to a red. So much better the sooner this system is implemented worldwide for all televised games the better