Play Off Semi-final - Sale - 14th May 2023 - KO 3-00pm

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Play Off Semi-final - Sale - 14th May 2023 - KO 3-00pm

Post by Old Hob »

So, ladies and gentlemen, how do we ensure that this year is a repeat of last year's final. I honestly do not expect to be meeting Saints at Twickenham but we need to move past George Ford and crew first.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Play Off Semi-final - Sale - 14th May 2023 - KO 3-00pm

Post by Ian Cant »

I’ve been to Sale lots of times and have only seen us win a few times: I think the last win there was the last game of the season a couple of years before Lockdown.
Recently our performances at the AJBell have been pretty grim.
However, we won’t be expected to win.Ford and Youngs were superb and I think Mike Williams played his best game for us just before he left.
The key will be if we can keep the lads who beat Exeter fit and playing a great game
for 65+ minutes v a very physical Sale side.
Can we win? Improbable but not impossible.
Hope lots of Tigers’ fans get tickets.
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

Got to make sure we don't majorly screw up against quins first!...
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

I guess it depends whether the officials enforce the offside rule. :smt040
Qbec
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Qbec »

The offside rule being reffed as it should be is the key to it.
Tigers The Home Of World Class Rugby

11th Premiership Rugby Champions 2022
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

If we can get past Quins without sustaining injuries to any of our key players, score early, contest the breakdown and close them down in defence I believe we can prevail.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
bendy

Post by bendy »

Any idea when tickets will go on sale?

I can understand Tigers not wanting to tempt fate and be selling tickets whilst there's still a (mathematical) chance we could get thrashed by Quins, but the tickets don't seem to be online on Sale's own website either.

I've no idea how many STH Sale have, but the AJB isn't the biggest stadium in the world, so could well sell out quite quickly.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

bendy wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 11:22 am Any idea when tickets will go on sale?

I can understand Tigers not wanting to tempt fate and be selling tickets whilst there's still a (mathematical) chance we could get thrashed by Quins, but the tickets don't seem to be online on Sale's own website either.

I've no idea how many STH Sale have, but the AJB isn't the biggest stadium in the world, so could well sell out quite quickly.
As yet the away semi finalists aren’t certain, highly likely, but not 100% certain.
I would suggest given that games don’t kick off till 4pm on May 6th, tickets will be on sale from May 7th
shanghaitiger
Tiger Cub

Post by shanghaitiger »

Tickets have gone on sale to Sale season ticket holders. I’ve dropped Tigers an email to ask if there will be an allocation. If not I’ll jump in the general sale as soon as I can as I think they will go!
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

https://www.northamptonsaints.co.uk/new ... n-sale-now

This article from Saints last year suggests that away teams will have an allocation. It may be a quite restricted window.

Also I assume it's a percentage based on capacity, given the size of the AJ Bell I'd be surprised if the club's allocation is big enough to cover all season ticket holders who want to travel. My recommendation, get in early with general sale, then hopefully Tigers can get even more fans there.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GB72 »

shanghaitiger wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 12:25 pm Tickets have gone on sale to Sale season ticket holders. I’ve dropped Tigers an email to ask if there will be an allocation. If not I’ll jump in the general sale as soon as I can as I think they will go!
I am guessing that there has to be an allocation if the home teams know who they are and can sell tickets before their opposition has been decided. If there were no allocation, I would expect the ticket sale to be held until everyone is able to purchase. That may be too sensible though.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Qbec wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 10:51 am The offside rule being reffed as it should be is the key to it.
It was the turning point in the Sarries v LI game yesterday. Had Losowski been pinged for side entry in the run up to Goode's try (at the ruck where the TMO spent two minutes looking for a knock-on) just before half-time, it could've been a different story! :smt003
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Sale did spend most of the match at Glaws offside mind you.
Knightonian

Post by Knightonian »

It would seem then getting the referee on top of this (Montoya / Wiggy etc) is going to be key to our outcome
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Everyone has their own view on things, but I do question opinions that a team spent most of the time offside, when the angles shown on tv are not always favourable, especially in relation to match officials.
Offside particularly at rucks is literally a matter of split second timing, and whereas teams, including Tigers can jump the gun 9 times out of 10, if not more they are ok.
I’m sure as per usual Montoya will maintain a positive dialogue with the ref but would be really concerned if that was key to the outcome.