LEICESTER TIGERS 2022/23 Squad and transfers thread part 2: The Lion, the Wig and the Wardrobe

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2022/23 Squad and transfers thread part 2: The Lion, the Wig and the Wardrobe

Post by Rugbygramps »

My apologies I was looking at TFS list.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2022/23 Squad and transfers thread part 2: The Lion, the Wig and the Wardrobe

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

sapajo wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 6:54 pm Will the magical wizard be with us next season?
Not seen anything suggesting Potter is off, is there something I've missed?
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:08 pm
sapajo wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 6:54 pm Will the magical wizard be with us next season?
He's not hit the heights from last season but he's also been played out of position a bit. Like you, Steve, I've not seen or heard anything about him being off. TBH, I'd be massively surprised if he did leave.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:17 pm
He's not hit the heights from last season but he's also been played out of position a bit. Like you, Steve, I've not seen or heard anything about him being off. TBH, I'd be massively surprised if he did leave.
I would too. With pretty much the rest of our wingers except Potter & Simmons rumored to be off I'd be shocked if he was going.

We have lost Nadolo this season, Ashton is retiring. Murimurivalu seems almost certainly off, Watson & Saumaki both highly likely to be leaving too, just can't see him going unless he's had some issue with McKellar in the past?
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Just would like to know as I do not know how long his current contract is for?
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

sapajo wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:44 pm

Based on what I know he's under contract for next season at the very least.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

sapajo wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:44 pm

He signed an extension last Feb, someone his age I can't imagine would sign a one year deal, probably a 2 or 3 year deal.

https://www.leicestertigers.com/news/br ... rebranding
Offside
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Offside »

Is the wardrobe what our coaches enter and then re-emerge in the parallel universe which is the RFU?
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

I did hear a suggestion that Eddie Jones had been in touch with Potter saying it might be to his advantage to be playing in Australia,.of course that might mean we could try a little harder to keep Watson.
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

As always RB, great work ! Kata was a surprise, hadn’t heard that rumour.
robwatts77

Post by robwatts77 »

johnthegriff wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 10:18 pm I did hear a suggestion that Eddie Jones had been in touch with Potter saying it might be to his advantage to be playing in Australia,.of course that might mean we could try a little harder to keep Watson.
He’s said his priority is to play for England. Given how Borthwick rates him there’s a good chance he’ll be picked for the training camp
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

With signings we have already made doubt we could get him but Kibirige would be an excellent pick up
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

RagingBull wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:38 pm With signings we have already made doubt we could get him but Kibirige would be an excellent pick up
We have lost Hegarty, Nadolo already, likely to loose Watson, Saumaki, Murimurivalu, don’t think I’ve missed anyone.

Coming in OHC, Bassett, Shilcock and Kata, pretty much confirmed. If that’s the case then we could maybe squeeze Kiberige in.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Rugbygramps wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:19 pm
RagingBull wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:38 pm With signings we have already made doubt we could get him but Kibirige would be an excellent pick up
We have lost Hegarty, Nadolo already, likely to loose Watson, Saumaki, Murimurivalu, don’t think I’ve missed anyone.

Coming in OHC, Bassett, Shilcock and Kata, pretty much confirmed. If that’s the case then we could maybe squeeze Kiberige in.
If we're including Nadolo & Hegarty in the leaving list we need to include Brown in the arrivals list as he didn’t come in till they left so doubt we'd have afforded him with those two still there.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:42 am
Rugbygramps wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:19 pm

If we're including Nadolo & Hegarty in the leaving list we need to include Brown in the arrivals list as he didn’t come in till they left so doubt we'd have afforded him with those two still there.
Depends on when we knew Nadolo and Hegarty were off. If Nadolo told us early enough it might have been that we always planned for only half of his salary for this season's cap. Hegarty leaving seemed to develop later so perhaps we didn't know that fae enough on advance to make use of it and Brown has maybe arrived on part of those spare wages.