LEICESTER TIGERS 2022/23 Squad and transfers thread part 2: The Lion, the Wig and the Wardrobe

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2022/23 Squad and transfers thread part 2: The Lion, the Wig and the Wardrobe

Post by Rugbygramps »

sk 88 wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 1:32 pm Yes, so Green is available and it's only forum chatter that he's retiring hence the "if he's definitely injured" part.
It clearly states that Green has left the club
GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2022/23 Squad and transfers thread part 2: The Lion, the Wig and the Wardrobe

Post by GB72 »

Been a bit quiet today. Normally some posts on social media about being back in training etc but seen nothing so far. Obviously no obligation to show anything or say anything but I am sure that there are normally a few promotional pics and posts on the first day back.
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

GB72 wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 1:35 pm Been a bit quiet today. Normally some posts on social media about being back in training etc but seen nothing so far. Obviously no obligation to show anything or say anything but I am sure that there are normally a few promotional pics and posts on the first day back.
Is it the first day back? Maybe it's a bit delayed due to settling in of all the coaches, who are doubtless finding out what's what and who's who. I know the ladies were advertised to begin today, maybe blokes tomorrow + announcements?
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

We have movement on the club squad page....

Well some...

Our leavers have all been removed from the senior squad page, so:
Chris Ashton
Jimmy Gopperth
Calum Green
Sean Jansen
Kini Murimurivalu
Hosea Saumaki
Eli Snyman

However none of the new starters have been added (so no Hassell-Collins etc.)

Also the 3 senior academy leavers are still on there (Loose, Owen & Williams)

Doesn't really tell us anything not in public domain, though is a sign Watson is staying as he has avoided the cull, but then again Harry Potter is still listed on there (assume a mistake given he was announced leaving post main leavers list)
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
AngusMcCoatup
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by AngusMcCoatup »

markharbtiger wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 1:43 pm
GB72 wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 1:35 pm Been a bit quiet today. Normally some posts on social media about being back in training etc but seen nothing so far. Obviously no obligation to show anything or say anything but I am sure that there are normally a few promotional pics and posts on the first day back.
Is it the first day back? Maybe it's a bit delayed due to settling in of all the coaches, who are doubtless finding out what's what and who's who. I know the ladies were advertised to begin today, maybe blokes tomorrow + announcements?
Agreed it's just like the first day of school again ~ collect uniform, satchel / kit bag, study the new rules / laws and meet the new Headmaster and his team of new teachers / coaches. No homework on first day but tomorrow might bring action. Do not forget we have lost the efficiency of Gary Sherrard to orchestrate these announcements :smt002
To the world you may be just one person.
But to that one person you may be the world!
AViewFromLe2

Post by AViewFromLe2 »

Twitter also being broken currently probably doesn't help, as no-one would see it even if they did post!
RunTigerRun
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RunTigerRun »

As if by magic we get a tweet with some training photos, some new guys and a glimpse at the new training kit! (Very snazzy imo!)
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

https://twitter.com/LeicesterTigers/sta ... lbAoQ&s=19

Link to the training kit for those interested
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Who’s the guy in the background of the OHC pic?

Looks like Potter a bit
sk 88
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sk 88 »

Rugbygramps wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 1:35 pm
sk 88 wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 1:32 pm Yes, so Green is available and it's only forum chatter that he's retiring hence the "if he's definitely injured" part.
Yes and if we needed another lock, RE-SIGNING him would be an obvious option were he to be fit. I don't see how that is unclear from the post at all.
Goooooodeeeeeyyyyy!
sk 88
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sk 88 »

RagingBull wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 3:09 pm Who’s the guy in the background of the OHC pic?

Looks like Potter a bit
Marcus Rammage who played a bit on trial from Notts?
Goooooodeeeeeyyyyy!
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

sk 88 wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 3:18 pm
RagingBull wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 3:09 pm Who’s the guy in the background of the OHC pic?

Looks like Potter a bit
Marcus Rammage who played a bit on trial from Notts?
He looked good, actually thought he did better than Browning from what I've seen, good depth signing to our wingers IMO
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

sk 88 wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 3:16 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 1:35 pm
Yes and if we needed another lock, RE-SIGNING him would be an obvious option were he to be fit. I don't see how that is unclear from the post at all.
Ok you continue to think that’s a possibility
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

https://www.instagram.com/p/CuPaZmOPtLH/

Who makes the catch and pass in the 1st clip, I also believe you see Mike Williams in the last clip of them pushing the tackle bags
Ltandy111

Post by Ltandy111 »

Looks like Joe Powell in background when Atkinson passes to Bassett too
Last edited by Ltandy111 on Mon Jul 03, 2023 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.