LEICESTER TIGERS 2022/23 Squad and transfers thread part 2: The Lion, the Wig and the Wardrobe

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2022/23 Squad and transfers thread part 2: The Lion, the Wig and the Wardrobe

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

So where does this leave us at Loosehead

Cronin
Whitcombe
Van Wyk (if he's staying)
Richardson

Not super deep there, then again none really in international contention atm? Will we recruit there, hopefully...
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2022/23 Squad and transfers thread part 2: The Lion, the Wig and the Wardrobe

Post by kpj tiger »

Absolutely gutted to see Tom West leave, really hope we have something in the pipeline to replace him
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 12:27 pm So where does this leave us at Loosehead

Cronin
Whitcombe
Van Wyk (if he's staying)
Richardson

Not super deep there, then again none really in international contention atm? Will we recruit there, hopefully...
If Van Wyk is off there is an issue, if not I’d say good coverage with us not likely to loose anyone.
Maybe an incoming after the World Cup.
Maybe Freddie Burns can rent out his place to his Highlanders team mate Ethan de Groot.
Terracetiger4
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Terracetiger4 »

With Cronins injuries this season feel we could definitely do with one top quality loose head.
Tigers86asw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigers86asw »

Smith was going to Sarries but he stayed out- that’s why they’ve been able to get West. Implies that Tigers have someone else lined up I hope.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Tigers86asw wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 12:35 pm Smith was going to Sarries but he stayed out- that’s why they’ve been able to get West. Implies that Tigers have someone else lined up I hope.
Ellis Genge!
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Postiger2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Postiger2 »

Gutted to miss out on West, even more gutted that he's off to that particular club.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Interesting then wonder if a sign that all the re-signings are done?

Considering the club likes to do multiples with announcements I can’t think of many others left really.

But we know for a fact that more joiners are to announced
GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GB72 »

TigerCam wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 12:36 pm
Tigers86asw wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 12:35 pm Smith was going to Sarries but he stayed out- that’s why they’ve been able to get West. Implies that Tigers have someone else lined up I hope.
Ellis Genge!
If Bristol had not just announced their playing squad for next season with Genge in it, I would not have put a return beyond the realms of possibility
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Does Nicky Smith become a target for us?
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 12:42 pm Does Nicky Smith become a target for us?
Joe Heyes would be delighted to see him
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Rugbygramps wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 12:47 pm
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 12:42 pm Does Nicky Smith become a target for us?
Joe Heyes would be delighted to see him
Having someone teaching you like that will help Heyes IMO would strengthen him to scrum day in day out against someone like that.
Tigris
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Tigris »

Well that's not great - must admit I thought he was staying
For me, he has been our best scrummaging LH for the second half of this season and has a great work rate in the loose, though to be fair Cronin seems have had injuries and not quite firing on all cylinders.
Having them both, with Whitcombe and Richards coming through, would have set us up nicely and given us two essentially interchangeable sets of props on either side with not much between any of them in terms of quality / experience.
Oh well...
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Is Wyn Jones tied to the Scarlets, is Sutherland sorted?
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Shame West is leaving but we do have some youngsters coming through.
Still, surely West will be in Borthwick’s mind for the World Cup etc so we probably couldn’t afford to lose another player to internationals.
Or maybe Genge is coming back as he hasn’t been too happy in Bristol!!!!!!!!