How do we get to Dublin at Easter

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

LE18
Super User
Super User

How do we get to Dublin at Easter

Post by LE18 »

Its unfortunate that its an Easter match, how do we get there and find accommodation?

I'm away in Norfolk, looked at flying from Norwich, but can only find flights via Amsterdam at £400 single. :smt017
LE18
Super User
Super User

Re: How do we get to Dublin at Easter

Post by LE18 »

Sorry to bump this but I would be grateful to know of any suggestions etc, suspect its Stansted or nothing.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

There are flights to Dublin from Birmingham if you fancy taking the Cross Country train from Peterborough.
Semper in excretia
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

I looked at this 5 or 6 weeks ago and have come to the conclusion it is a stay-at-home weekend. I even looked at ferries - out overnight - game day in Dublin - ferry back game day night and that was silly numbers as was every hotel I could find in Dublin. Belfast and Cork.
Hehehehehehehehe
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Robespierre wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:13 pm There are flights to Dublin from Birmingham if you fancy taking the Cross Country train from Peterborough.
Thanks Robes, but I have to get from say Norwich first, there are trains to Peterborough, its doable I suppose and then there is the problem of accommodation at Easter. I think its impossible. I think Leinster will have the max support, almost unfair being Easter. I think today they had 61000, last night we had 12,000, you can see the revenue disparity, lucky them.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

LE18 wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:21 pm
Robespierre wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:13 pm There are flights to Dublin from Birmingham if you fancy taking the Cross Country train from Peterborough.
Thanks Robes, but I have to get from say Norwich first, there are trains to Peterborough, its doable I suppose and then there is the problem of accommodation at Easter. I think its impossible. I think Leinster will have the max support, almost unfair being Easter. I think today they had 61000, last night we had 12,000, you can see the revenue disparity, lucky them.
The difference between a Friday night 8pm and Saturday 5pm kick off is significant. One is doable with the family and the other is not.

Having said that I can't see many making the trip and Leinster having the crowd.
Muggo4

Post by Muggo4 »

Ryanair and Aerlingus both fly from Birmingham, Ryanair from Stanstead too.

Accommodation will be the biggest pain, you could look to stay somewhere along further down the DART line i.e Bray (there’s an air coach that runs from here to the airport or a taxi would be 45mins)
Tigers86asw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigers86asw »

I know it’s obvious but the scheduling is a joke.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Tigers86asw wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:31 pm I know it’s obvious but the scheduling is a joke.
You’re right of course but when else could it have been played due to the shortened season
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:37 pm
Tigers86asw wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:31 pm I know it’s obvious but the scheduling is a joke.
You’re right of course but when else could it have been played due to the shortened season
The program should have been juggled, play domestic at Easter, play cup following week.
Yes there would still be a few having to travel at Easter but not like this with the accommodation problems also.
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

We looked at it .. going on the Ferry with 4 in the car would have worked out at about £125 per head. We have family we could stop with but it’s still very tricky. Add in fuel costs, ticket prices food and beverages .. it starts getting a tad expensive at such short notice.. really would loved to have done it but in the end struggled to justify versus family finances.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

mightymouse wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 10:23 am We looked at it .. going on the Ferry with 4 in the car would have worked out at about £125 per head. We have family we could stop with but it’s still very tricky. Add in fuel costs, ticket prices food and beverages .. it starts getting a tad expensive at such short notice.. really would loved to have done it but in the end struggled to justify versus family finances.
Sadly we wont be going, love the craic on Temple Bar.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Looking at the 4 away sides and where they are travelling to I can’t see any of them having much away support.
CharlieTheTiger

Post by CharlieTheTiger »

Looking forward to Friday night in Dublin while I agree it is expensive and tight turn around and it could have been a lot cheaper if we knew at least a couple of weeks ago I think it is forgotten that getting to south France can be £100 return and £100 a night hotel.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

CharlieTheTiger wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 12:52 pm Looking forward to Friday night in Dublin while I agree it is expensive and tight turn around and it could have been a lot cheaper if we knew at least a couple of weeks ago I think it is forgotten that getting to south France can be £100 return and £100 a night hotel.
Please reveal your travel and hotel and their costs, thanks.