Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Re: Financial woes - Newcastle & London Irish

Post by Rugbygramps »

Scuttle wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:36 pm
Ian Cant wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:02 pm From what I’ve read in various papers etc London Irish should be ok as a buyer is there but the dotting of the i s and crossing of T’s is taking some time to do. However, they are struggling due to poor gates, yet only on Sunday they were the one club that said they would spend up to the increased salary cap next season!
Newcastle did make a profit last year and the wins they’ve had against top side, including us, has been remarkable. It’s one of my favourite away grounds but except for when they play us they rarely get decent attendances. The fans they have are loyal and some of the most fait minded you will find.
Good luck to both clubs and let’s not forget Tigers are struggling too and that’s why it’s surprising supporters aren’t turning up v Edinburgh! The ticket prices are very reasonable for a top European clash where 10 current Scottish internationals will be trying to defeat “ the old English enemy!”
I hadn't heard that fans were not turning up tomorrow. Where has this been reported? I hope they do as it could be a cracking night.
I think having to pay extra for the ticket, kick off day and time and it being on the telly, indicates a slightly lower attendance. No idea how many Edinburgh are likely to bring
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Rugbygramps wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:41 pm
Ian Cant wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:02 pm From what I’ve read in various papers etc London Irish should be ok as a buyer is there but the dotting of the i s and crossing of T’s is taking some time to do. However, they are struggling due to poor gates, yet only on Sunday they were the one club that said they would spend up to the increased salary cap next season!
Newcastle did make a profit last year and the wins they’ve had against top side, including us, has been remarkable. It’s one of my favourite away grounds but except for when they play us they rarely get decent attendances. The fans they have are loyal and some of the most fait minded you will find.
Good luck to both clubs and let’s not forget Tigers are struggling too and that’s why it’s surprising supporters aren’t turning up v Edinburgh! The ticket prices are very reasonable for a top European clash where 10 current Scottish internationals will be trying to defeat “ the old English enemy!”
I hadn't heard that fans were not turning up tomorrow. Where has this been reported? I hope they do as it could be a cracking night.
I think having to pay extra for the ticket, kick off day and time and it being on the telly, indicates a slightly lower attendance. No idea how many Edinburgh are likely to bring
I know a few fans thought with the loss of the two league games they should have got the Edinburgh game on their season ticket, rather than the Friendly vs Saints.

I did explain to them that that could well result in the club losing money, as gates to European matches get shared with the away team so the club have to fork out to Edinburgh for every season ticket holder they give a ticket to at a time the club really need to keep their income.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Am I right in saying prices for members are reduced for tomorrow. I totally get supporters wanting value for money already paid out.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:55 pm

I know a few fans thought with the loss of the two league games they should have got the Edinburgh game on their season ticket, rather than the Friendly vs Saints.

I did explain to them that that could well result in the club losing money, as gates to European matches get shared with the away team so the club have to fork out to Edinburgh for every season ticket holder they give a ticket to at a time the club really need to keep their income.
And also the financial planning of the club would have been on the basis that income from European knock out fixtures would be outside the ST income.
AngusMcCoatup
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by AngusMcCoatup »

Hot_Charlie wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:44 am
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:55 pm

And also the financial planning of the club would have been on the basis that income from European knock out fixtures would be outside the ST income.
Just thank goodness that Tigers or the faithful band of supporters did not have to travel to South Africa to play there with the costs of airfares, hotels, food & beer + protection!
To the world you may be just one person.
But to that one person you may be the world!