Leinster away travel

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

merryperson
Tiger Cub

Leinster away travel

Post by merryperson »

Hi
Thinking positive if Tigers win they will play Leinster on the 7th, 8th or 9th April in Dublin.

So I have looked at Ryanair and the flights are coming out at around £300 for the 7th and return the 9th. Hotels are also expensive as it’s Easter weekend.
Has anyone any cheaper options to get there or good hotels they recommend ?
Bobmac
Top Cat
Top Cat

Re: Leinster away travel

Post by Bobmac »

Just done a quick search and from Birmingham to Dublin for those dates is just under £96 per person.
merryperson
Tiger Cub

Post by merryperson »

Unfortunately if you add luggage it puts the price up and I'm not brave enough to tell my wife she can't have luggage
KiwiTig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KiwiTig »

That’s easily fixed ! Don’t take your wife 🤣
GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GB72 »

KiwiTig wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 3:29 pm That’s easily fixed ! Don’t take your wife 🤣
Good call, double savng plus lower beer, food and ticket costs. Would make it so cheap it would be rude not to go :smt002 :smt002 :smt002
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

merryperson wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:31 am Hi
Thinking positive if Tigers win they will play Leinster on the 7th, 8th or 9th April in Dublin.
Will they? Better tell their next round opponents not to bother turning up then.

Whilst I wouldn't bet against Leinster, I also would not be disrespectful to their opponents, Ulster, who are more than capable of pulling off a result against their Provincial neighbours.

Pigs might fly? Price of bacon has gone up recently.....
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

And we have to get through first. After all our opponents deserve massive respect having beaten Saracens last time out.
With Kelly and Chessum now injured although I want to win this tie it’s like last year when we played Leinster: we might be better off out of Europe to concentrate on the league.
Everything crossed that George Martin doesn’t get crocked with/ by England. He’s a massive player for us. Bit like Earl for Sarries but Martin’s got less attitude!
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Ian Cant wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:46 pm And we have to get through first. After all our opponents deserve massive respect having beaten Saracens last time out.
With Kelly and Chessum now injured although I want to win this tie it’s like last year when we played Leinster: we might be better off out of Europe to concentrate on the league.
Everything crossed that George Martin doesn’t get crocked with/ by England. He’s a massive player for us. Bit like Earl for Sarries but Martin’s got better attitude!
Fixed it for ya :smt023
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Raynal is on the whistle for our game with Edinburgh
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

I looked some time ago and the hotel prices were crazy over a month ago - looked at Belfast and train on the day - just the same - looked at Cork and train on the day -just the same. Even looked at the ferry and sleep on the boat on the way back - £181+ each way - sorry will be watching at home.
Hehehehehehehehe
merryperson
Tiger Cub

Post by merryperson »

Hotels over £200 a night flights over £200 I think the fans have been ignored completely as it’s now on a Friday night
The power of TV but what would the game be like without fans
bakerman
Tiger Cub

Post by bakerman »

Would love to be there, but 6 days to arrange travel etc is a joke.😡
Pmvl
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Pmvl »

I’m sure Tigers will be chartering a flight so why can’t the allow the fans to travel with them as they used to. I can’t go for more than 2 days but if there was an option like mentioned I’d certainly be in.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

merryperson wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:56 pm Hotels over £200 a night flights over £200 I think the fans have been ignored completely as it’s now on a Friday night
The power of TV but what would the game be like without fans
I think you’ll find it would have been that cost travelling to Dublin over the Easter weekend anyway.
TV companies don’t choose when games are played that’s down to the tournament organisers though they do have schedules to fill
Pmvl
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Pmvl »

This is where the club should step in, I’m certain they will be chartering a flight & if they want their supporters ( family) there they should open it up to them, they used to do it years ago. As has been mentioned on this thread with it being Easter the flights & accommodation costs are ridiculous plus we’ve only got 6 days to try & sort it out.