Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Bristol (H) - Saturday 25th March 2023 - KO 12:30pm

Post by Big Dai »

Pellsey wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:11 am
Scuttle wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:01 am
daktari wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:23 pm Just watched the highlights, just before Watson try, Semi Radradra no arms , late shoulder charge on Pollard.
I saw that at the time. Pollard just bounces back up on his feet again. If he stayed down to milk it (like many seem to these days unfortunately) the Ref might gave had a look as the camera may have re-run the action.
I hope refs start carding people that "milk." This has to be stamped out quickly otherwise rugby will become like wendyball.

Hats off to Pollard!
+1
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Nofrontteeth
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Nofrontteeth »

Big Dai wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:03 am

I saw that at the time. Pollard just bounces back up on his feet again. If he stayed down to milk it (like many seem to these days unfortunately) the Ref might gave had a look as the camera may have re-run the action.
I hope refs start carding people that "milk." This has to be stamped out quickly otherwise rugby will become like wendyball.

Hats off to Pollard!
+1
Make that +2.
As for the element of feigning I also fear the growing 'wendyball' dropsy and arguing element.

As raised on other threads whilst players know its all on the broadcasters cameras, and the TMO lives in that world then everytime a commentator raises a 'doubt' over the play it triggers their 'friend' in the van to suddenly see a breach. This in turn triggers 'the repeated commentators ramblings' to fill out an overly long programme for the adverts sponsers, and drags out game time.

For me the TMO should be retitled the VAR Officer, be totally isolated from the broadcasters and advise Sir on foul play and only when requested.

If 3 field officials can't judge a try/offside/deliberate knock on etc. then let's just give Austin, Ugo, LOL etc. the whistle. What do you mean they already hold it :smt044
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

One of the most impressive thing about Saturday was that we only gave away 3 penalties against Bristol’s 17.
A2O
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

ay2oh wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:14 am One of the most impressive thing about Saturday was that we only gave away 3 penalties against Bristol’s 17.
+1
As Good As It Gets
daktari
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by daktari »

daktari wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:23 pm Just watched the highlights, just before Watson try, Semi Radradra no arms , late shoulder charge on Pollard.

Hats off to Pollard!
Farrell and Sexton are up for Oscars next year apparently
find a better way of life, http://www.marillion.com

marillion 19, coming ....er not sure..
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

daktari wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:43 am

Hats off to Pollard!
Think that Oscar has been retired after Nic White's recent victory.....
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

Hats off to Pollard!
For me the "best" was Beaumont a few years ago. Kalamafoni cleared him out of the Ruck, Beaumont threw himself (thespian style) backwards and lay there completely still as if knocked out. Red for Kalamafoni and then Beaumont stood up and played on. Appalling. Should have been made to have an HIA by the ref. Coming from the NW Sale were always my second team. Not any more.
As Good As It Gets
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Hats off to Pollard!
Pollards probably used to worse than that coming from South Africa, they are hard there, but well done to him.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Handre Pollard wins Famous Grouse try of the week for his effort
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:46 am

Hats off to Pollard!
Think that Oscar has been retired after Nic White's recent victory.....
Are we giving out "Nics" then? To me there was / is no better actor than Monsieur Para.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"