Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Tigers v Bristol (H) - Saturday 25th March 2023 - KO 12:30pm

Post by GB72 »

sam16111986 wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:17 am
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:04 pm For me Cole starts... need to nullify Genge...
If Genge is playing. Remember he needs a rest week at some point and Bears have Clermont after us.
I strongly suspect he will play. He cut short his rest period at the start of the season to play a local derby so cannot see him missing this one.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

GB72 wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:33 am
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:04 pm For me Cole starts... need to nullify Genge...
If Genge is playing. Remember he needs a rest week at some point and Bears have Clermont after us.
I strongly suspect he will play. He cut short his rest period at the start of the season to play a local derby so cannot see him missing this one.
Yeah 100% Genge will play. Bristol are only in the Challenge cup, their priority will 100% be on the league. He'll probably miss one of the European games.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Nofrontteeth
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Nofrontteeth »

Freddie free to play!!!
Might still be a bench semi-rest situation.
Bunchy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bunchy »

Mike Brown definitely part of the social media work videos ahead of this weekend
Less is more....
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:58 am
GB72 wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:33 am

Yeah 100% Genge will play. Bristol are only in the Challenge cup, their priority will 100% be on the league. He'll probably miss one of the European games.
Genge moved his rest games at the start of the season so some of European group games instead of the league games. They had to get RFU consent to do that.

Clermont is also a home game and this is an away game for them so it might be a case of putting your best show on at home. Which is what Steve did when he was in charge here.

I'm sure a coach under as much pressure as Lam will a) want to keep the fans happy at home and b) get some silverware in. The recent good run of form has put them back in playoff contention though so you might be right.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Not sure that there is any requirement for rest periods between the end of the Six Nations and end of season. Most of the England players have had two weeks rest and some have played a limited amount of game time.
They belong to the Clubs and should be available for selection for all matches between now and the end of the season with workloads managed accordingly.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Richardfje

Post by Richardfje »

Scott1 wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:41 pm
Richardfje wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:14 pm I think it would be harsh to drop Brown for Steward as he’s come in and played out of his skin, on form, you’d probably say Brown playing better (obviously different levels to the competition each of them played in). Especially if we’re looking to keep brown on for another year, it would not help that if we dropped him even when he’s arguably been our best player throughout the 6 nations period
Thought Brown was gone after the 6N? Is this is last game? Or was his contract until the end of the season?
I believe he said in an interview he was gone soon but it would be stupid if they weren’t trying to keep him until the end of the season, even if so, it’s still harsh to drop him when he’s been this good for steward, in my opinion
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Referee: Matthew Carley (132nd Premiership game).

Assistant Referees: Hamish Smales and Peter Allan. TMO: Stuart Terheege.

Citing Officer: Shaun Gallagher.‌
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Richardfje wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:36 pm
Richardfje wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:14 pm I think it would be harsh to drop Brown for Steward as he’s come in and played out of his skin, on form, you’d probably say Brown playing better (obviously different levels to the competition each of them played in). Especially if we’re looking to keep brown on for another year, it would not help that if we dropped him even when he’s arguably been our best player throughout the 6 nations period
Thought Brown was gone after the 6N? Is this is last game? Or was his contract until the end of the season?
I believe he said in an interview he was gone soon but it would be stupid if they weren’t trying to keep him until the end of the season, even if so, it’s still harsh to drop him when he’s been this good for steward, in my opinion
All the rumours I've heard is we signed him initially till the Edinburgh game.
sk 88
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sk 88 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:53 pm

He gave an interview to the Times where he said he was contracted to the end of the 6N period of games. I imagine he's signed an extension since then.
Goooooodeeeeeyyyyy!
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

sk 88 wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 5:16 pm
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:53 pm

He gave an interview to the Times where he said he was contracted to the end of the 6N period of games. I imagine he's signed an extension since then.
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/leic ... -rhrwmnfjv

I think this is the article you mean, as I read it it says "after the 6 Nations" the only bit where it says two more weeks is the author's words not Brown's, when I read it (and I may be interpreting it wrong) I read it that it was ending soon after the 6N, but that the author didn't know exactly when, which fits with rumours of it being Edinburgh game.

Either way I hope he's extended, but until something is announced or he is playing in a prem final I'm taking nothing for granted about when we have him till.
Postiger2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Postiger2 »

Would love to see Browny and Freddie in the same back 3. Some serious back field coverage there!
KiwiTig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KiwiTig »

Reading Wiggy’s recent press release regarding his recognition of the extended squad, I think he will keep the faith with the lads who have got us into this potentially great position over recent weeks, they will be inspired by such trust, he should rest the fringe players and use them in the extra games and bench the returning internationals. Personally I would also rest Freddie and let the lad have some time to himself after his stressful week! Brown is on fire regardless
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

KiwiTig wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:16 pm Reading Wiggy’s recent press release regarding his recognition of the extended squad, I think he will keep the faith with the lads who have got us into this potentially great position over recent weeks, they will be inspired by such trust, he should rest the fringe players and use them in the extra games and bench the returning internationals. Personally I would also rest Freddie and let the lad have some time to himself after his stressful week! Brown is on fire regardless
+1 :smt023 Put the Ints that are available on the bench.
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Brown
Watson
Scott
Porter
Potter
Pollard
Youngs
Cronin
Montoya
Cole
Martin
Henderson
Cracknell
Reffell
Wiese

Clare
West
Heyes
Wells
Liebenberg
JVP
Atkinson
Steward

Brissie are doing very well and need to be taken really seriously - a win will make the end of the season much more manageable - we have some big games to come and a short turn round to the Edinburgh game
Hehehehehehehehe