Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Bristol (H) - Saturday 25th March 2023 - KO 12:30pm

Post by sam16111986 »

WhitecapTiger wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 6:16 am
Offside wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:23 pm Bradbury crawled along the floor. If he released the ball, stood up and placed it then it is a try.
Carley also pinged Bradbury for this (without the try element) in the 6th minute, tackled and then got up and continued.

You'd think he'd have learned.. :smt003
Refs have been hot on this recently. The one Liebenburg had disallowed Vs Glaws would have probably been allowed last season.
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

The issue with Gengy and this is one of Englands problems is he is not a world class prop. Same with Sinkler. They are great players in field but not in the scrum.He was taught a lesson by Coley today. Ok Coley was helped by Cronin on tbe other side but that’s what comes of investing in good scrummagers.
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

Postiger2 wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:56 pm
sapajo wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:38 pm
TigerintheCatStand wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:25 pm

Well ring up and complain. If enough people do it they might fix it
Don't understand why Genge has to indulge in such behaviour. I thought he would have more respect for his ex team mates not less
Could be because his team were getting tanked and their chances of competing in the playoffs are now virtually over. Shame.
Maybe just the Bristol way. I went over pre match to help 2 Bristol fans who were confused about how to get into the ground. I mentioned the band post match in the Final Whistle. They said wouldn't stay as they had to drive back and were "only here to whoop our ar**s and Scuttle back to Bristol" Nice.

I wonder if Genge thought they would whallop us, hence his desire to play. He wouldn't engage with Tigers fans during the post match walkabout (on our side at least) who were giving him a great reception.
As Good As It Gets
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

mightymouse wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:42 am The issue with Gengy and this is one of Englands problems is he is not a world class prop. Same with Sinkler. They are great players in field but not in the scrum.He was taught a lesson by Coley today. Ok Coley was helped by Cronin on tbe other side but that’s what comes of investing in good scrummagers.
I disagree. He is a very good maybe not the best, but certainly very good.

Genge was alongside two weaker players, especially at Hooker, ok Cole nullifies him at the scrum, with Capon & Kerr not their 23 I doubt they wanted to bring Thacker off. Lahiff also took a knock. Genge won't make an impact on our scrum with those two alongside him.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TomWeston »

Fish8ter wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 2:49 am Got say I was a little worried about our back line against a stella Bristol back line. ……..
Their back line may have been Stella, but ours was Heineken!
Grannyman

Post by Grannyman »

TomWeston wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:56 am
Fish8ter wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 2:49 am Got say I was a little worried about our back line against a stella Bristol back line. ……..
Their back line may have been Stella, but ours was Heineken!
That’s good stuff.
TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TomWeston »

It’s odd, I’m sure we played Bristol yesterday but I can’t find anything at all about our match in the online edition of the Sunday Times.

There’s lots about a match played at Spurs’ stadium yesterday and a bloke called Farrell. Is he any relation to that rugby playing family or that Welshman Stephen Jones?
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

TomWeston wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:01 am It’s odd, I’m sure we played Bristol yesterday but I can’t find anything at all about our match in the online edition of the Sunday Times.

There’s lots about a match played at Spurs’ stadium yesterday and a bloke called Farrell. Is he any relation to that rugby playing family or that Welshman Stephen Jones?
There is a match report on the online edition of the Times so you must have missed it.
A2O
TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TomWeston »

Thanks, that’ll teach me to be a smart ass!
chris111
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by chris111 »

sam16111986 wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:12 am
WhitecapTiger wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 6:16 am
Offside wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:23 pm Bradbury crawled along the floor. If he released the ball, stood up and placed it then it is a try.
Carley also pinged Bradbury for this (without the try element) in the 6th minute, tackled and then got up and continued.

You'd think he'd have learned.. :smt003
Refs have been hot on this recently. The one Liebenburg had disallowed Vs Glaws would have probably been allowed last season.
It was the right decision - although if it was Bradbury was wearing green, red and white, I’m sure WR would have been outraged! Thing is, he looked like he might have had time to to release the ball and pick up again - which would have been legitimate.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:02 pm There doesn't seem to be any criticism of Lenny in today's match thread. He had a few loose moments but I thought he was in pretty decent nick today.
Save me as apart from his try I thought he was average. Caught twice in possession dithering and threw a nightmare pass to Brown for him to kick to touch to clear our lines and had a couple of knock on from passes to him.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Qbec
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Qbec »

What I found really interesting in some stats around our game yesterday were these:
Total Runs, Tigers = 106, Bris = 111,
Metres Run with the Ball, Tigers = 188, Bris = 419,
Seems to show its not the quantity of time or distance with the ball. its the quality of that time & how you use it that makes the difference.
Tigers The Home Of World Class Rugby

11th Premiership Rugby Champions 2022
aslongaswebeatsaints
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by aslongaswebeatsaints »

Just a thought, wasn't yesterday the anniversary of THE try saving tackle by Matt Tait in 2018? Which is one of my best Welford Road memories. Not just because it was stunning but also because it silenced two extremely noisy Wasps fans sat behind us. You may bend it like beckham in football but in rugby you tackle like Tait….

As such, a fitting attempt at a tribute by Anthony Watson on Bradbury to deny his try in the 43rd minute??? Or a harsh decision by the Ref? Personally, I thought the decision was a bit harsh on Bradbury.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

It would be good if they reffed the tackle too.

Player gets tackled knees hit the deck. Tacklers have to release, yet the somehow his own side are allowed to drive him on another 4 or 5m before he releases the ball.

Tackle leads to a ruck not a maul with only one side allowed.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

aslongaswebeatsaints wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 12:21 pm Just a thought, wasn't yesterday the anniversary of THE try saving tackle by Matt Tait in 2018? Which is one of my best Welford Road memories. Not just because it was stunning but also because it silenced two extremely noisy Wasps fans sat behind us. You may bend it like beckham in football but in rugby you tackle like Tait….

As such, a fitting attempt at a tribute by Anthony Watson on Bradbury to deny his try in the 43rd minute??? Or a harsh decision by the Ref? Personally, I thought the decision was a bit harsh on Bradbury.
Tackle was completed then Watson let go so Bradbury had to release the ball. Definite penalty for me not even a close call