Tigers v Bristol (H) - Saturday 25th March 2023 - KO 12:30pm

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Bristol (H) - Saturday 25th March 2023 - KO 12:30pm

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Looks like operation wind up Ellis is continuing with JVP on the wind up..

https://twitter.com/EllisGenge/status/1 ... jX8EQ&s=19
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Ellis was in the Tigers dressing room after the game so all seems good.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

There doesn't seem to be any criticism of Lenny in today's match thread. He had a few loose moments but I thought he was in pretty decent nick today.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Tigerbeat wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:55 pm Ellis was in the Tigers dressing room after the game so all seems good.
Yeah it's all banter on Twitter
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

A lot of Bristol fans on Twitter bemoaning Carley's performance.

On the Bradbury try was controversial. I think Watson does just have his hands still on him when he hits the deck. 50:50 call, so not a shocker IMO (though I'd probably be annoyed if I was a Bristol fan.)

I think they were lucky not to see yellow sooner with the number of penalties they were giving away.

The other big 50:50 call was if Piutau's knock on was deliberate or accidental, if deliberate surely it's a pen try and a yellow.

Overall gave each team 1 big 50:50, not a bad performance IMO?
Offside
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Offside »

Bradbury crawled along the floor. If he released the ball, stood up and placed it then it is a try. If he slides in on his momentum it is a try but rugby is played on the feet, he was on the ground so no try. It is the same rule regarding tackling by a player in the ground - that is against the laws too.

People should read the laws then complain, or enjoy complaining be realise they are wrong :smt045
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:12 pm A lot of Bristol fans on Twitter bemoaning Carley's performance.

On the Bradbury try was controversial. I think Watson does just have his hands still on him when he hits the deck. 50:50 call, so not a shocker IMO (though I'd probably be annoyed if I was a Bristol fan.)

I think they were lucky not to see yellow sooner with the number of penalties they were giving away.

The other big 50:50 call was if Piutau's knock on was deliberate or accidental, if deliberate surely it's a pen try and a yellow.

Overall gave each team 1 big 50:50, not a bad performance IMO?
You lose, it's the refs fault. TBH, Bristol were poor and got what they deserved. They have no plan B and when you're trying to force things in wet conditions you're asking for trouble.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:34 pm You lose, it's the refs fault. TBH, Bristol were poor and got what they deserved. They have no plan B and when you're trying to force things in wet conditions you're asking for trouble.
Not sure they have a real plan A either... rely on the game being loose so they can through it about... today on the whole they hardly progressed up the field doing that.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

fentiger wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:41 pm
longlivethecrumbie wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:34 pm You lose, it's the refs fault. TBH, Bristol were poor and got what they deserved. They have no plan B and when you're trying to force things in wet conditions you're asking for trouble.
Not sure they have a real plan A either... rely on the game being loose so they can through it about... today on the whole they hardly progressed up the field doing that.
Just had a read of their forum and many seem to think that this was one that got away.....amazing how differently we all see the same thing which is going on in front of us.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Was a little concerned before the match (which I was at) but the whole 23 were excellent. The fact that we can point to individuals' errors is significant in that very few were made. I plan to watch the game on the PRTV site and count just how many knock-ons Brizz had. Add those to the penalties and they sunk themselves greatly helped by us.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

Offside wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:23 pm Bradbury crawled along the floor. If he released the ball, stood up and placed it then it is a try. If he slides in on his momentum it is a try but rugby is played on the feet, he was on the ground so no try. It is the same rule regarding tackling by a player in the ground - that is against the laws too.

People should read the laws then complain, or enjoy complaining be realise they are wrong :smt045
Always taught if you're on the floor, you're out of the game
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
KiwiTig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KiwiTig »

Outstanding squad performance 1-23
Excellent squad selection
Fantastic game management
Incredible atmosphere
Keep the faith and always believe
Positivity on and off the pitch is infectious
Offside
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Offside »

Freeman got a yellow card for a deliberate knock on further out than Peatau’s one today. The ref did not event go back to look at it. I hope the refs reviews on Monday take a close look at them both and decide a policy.
Fish8ter

Post by Fish8ter »

Got say I was a little worried about our back line against a stella Bristol back line. Our boys were magnificent and I am Ioving Mike Brown. He has been outstanding, tackling, in the air and always beats the 1st man, which makes so much a difference.

Our pack is a great mix of youth and proper experienced Internationals. I had previously mentioned our 2nd row and we have an embarrassment of richies. Henderson is showing what we all thought pre injury, Martin is a monster and will improve, Chesum snr has a hell of of job splitting them.

Fab win and my only sadness was seeing Genge playing against us. I cannot believe the responses on here, the passion he was showing, was what he had previously shown for us, dragging us out the darkness to Preimership glory, an unbelievable player and like Pollard, Montoya, a world class player we had the pleasure of seeing today
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Offside wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:23 pm Bradbury crawled along the floor. If he released the ball, stood up and placed it then it is a try.
Carley also pinged Bradbury for this (without the try element) in the 6th minute, tackled and then got up and continued.

You'd think he'd have learned.. :smt003
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.