Leicester Mercury

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

SASCOkid
Tiger Cub

Leicester Mercury

Post by SASCOkid »

Hi all. As a lifelong Tigers supporter but living in Cumbria for the last 20 years I rely very much on the online media to keep me up to date on the best rugby team in the world. However for a while now I've been missing any reports from the Mercury via Leicestershire Live. I also used to get a twice weekly newsletter email which has stopped.. Can anyone explain why? I can't believe there are no reports in the Leicester Mercury.
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Re: Leicester Mercury

Post by ay2oh »

There aren’t any rugby reports in the mercury now as all the reporters were got rid of.
A2O
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

I get the actual Leicester Mercury every Monday where there is a report on Tigers.
There was hardly any mention of any of yesterday’s Premiership games in today’s The Times: this is the problem with rugby union: the press don’t set out to promote the club game. Without the club game at all levels there is no England!

If Tigers play Friday or Saturday then I buy The Rugby Paper.
It’s so annoying when you see the cover the football clubs get.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

When I played and lived in the county The Mockery on a Thursday had all the local rugby reports and team sheets, I guess that has gone too then?
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
sk 88
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sk 88 »

tigerburnie wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:36 pm When I played and lived in the county The Mockery on a Thursday had all the local rugby reports and team sheets, I guess that has gone too then?
That went years ago.

Ian Cockerill has done a good opinion column for years but it's only in the print Mercury. I don't really understand it to be honest. I'd subscribe to the Mercury online if they put any effort into making it a local paper, rather than their national clickbait with a Leicester badge.
Goooooodeeeeeyyyyy!