Keep Mike Brown

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Re: Keep Mike Brown

Post by tigerburnie »

Reading the end of this he's keen to stay...................
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/b852 ... 36aeee84b5
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Nookes

Post by Nookes »

Mike has quite a few family connections in Rothley and ‘The Woodies’. His loyalty now as a Tiger is very clear.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

tigerburnie wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 5:29 pm Reading the end of this he's keen to stay...................
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/b852 ... 36aeee84b5
Intersting he wants to stay even if not a player... good to know, if the cap doesn't allow it he's a useful player to help coach till the end of the season
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

He needs to play against Quins :smt023
KiwiTig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KiwiTig »

The guy has been immense! He is quite literally a game changer and I hope the club do all they can ! He absolutely deserves it
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

Great signing, Great player and seemingly contrary to popular opinion, a top bloke. Definitely sign him till end of season and if he does and I see him in the Woddies I shall definitely buy him a pint! In fact I’ll buy him a pint anyway.
I wondered if letting Jansen go might be about sneaking a little tiny bit of cap space to keep the likes of Brown and west. I know he wouldn’t earning much but every little helps. Also we have Weisse Hanro and crackers at 8 and yet thin on the ground at FB and LHP
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

mightymouse wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:18 am Great signing, Great player and seemingly contrary to popular opinion, a top bloke. Definitely sign him till end of season and if he does and I see him in the Woddies I shall definitely buy him a pint! In fact I’ll buy him a pint anyway.
I wondered if letting Jansen go might be about sneaking a little tiny bit of cap space to keep the likes of Brown and west. I know he wouldn’t earning much but every little helps. Also we have Weisse Hanro and crackers at 8 and yet thin on the ground at FB and LHP
Did I read the Jansen release wrong? Is he going immediately? I thought he was moving next season, he was certainly a travelling reserve at Kingsholm.
Offside
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Offside »

Tigers announcement said end of season for Jansen leaving. Message from Connaught did not mention when.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Offside wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:32 am Tigers announcement said end of season for Jansen leaving. Message from Connaught did not mention when.
That's what I thought ao unfortunately no cap generated from that.
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

Ah .. I wondered why I saw him behind the bench
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Offside wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:32 am Tigers announcement said end of season for Jansen leaving. Message from Connaught did not mention when.
Connacht said they were signing him for the 23/34 season.
CrumblingTerrace
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by CrumblingTerrace »

Brown has been fantastic. Proved the doubters (most of us) wrong.

However, put simply, when Freddie is back Brown won't play. If Freddie gets injured, Watson is the #2 fullback.

So, sentiment aside, unfortunately we just don't need a 3rd fullback for the remainder of this season.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

CrumblingTerrace wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:11 am Brown has been fantastic. Proved the doubters (most of us) wrong.

However, put simply, when Freddie is back Brown won't play. If Freddie gets injured, Watson is the #2 fullback.

So, sentiment aside, unfortunately we just don't need a 3rd fullback for the remainder of this season.
Could easily put one of them on the wing, where we're struggling a bit for depth.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

CrumblingTerrace wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:11 am Brown has been fantastic. Proved the doubters (most of us) wrong.

It'd be a very brave call to release him.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Hot_Charlie wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 12:41 pm

It'd be a very brave call to release him.
Thing is it may not be a rugby call, but a salary cap decision...