Tigers v Gloucester (A) - Sunday 12th March 2023 - KO 13:00

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Tigers v Gloucester (A) - Sunday 12th March 2023 - KO 13:00

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Ok from here on out all our games are vs playoff rivals. Our visit to Kingsholm is our last away trip of the campaign.

So we lose Reffell from this week's game (our last in the 6N period)

Question is who else we lose.

Still no word on Gilchrist's red card hearing which may effect Henderson's availability, fortunately Wells is fit again and him & Martin would be a good option.

We will likely lose Heyes for the start of the week again with Stuart getting a head knock, but hopefully have him released for the game.

Porter for me into the starting XV, would like Wolstenholme given a shot off the bench as he looks a good option and would like to see him get a few minutes. Cronin onto the bench if ready too.

Brown
Potter
Scott
Porter
Simmons
Pollard
Youngs
West
Montoya
Heyes
Martin
Henderson/Wells
Liebenberg
Cracknell
Wiese

Clare/Dolly
Cronin (Van Wyk of Cronin not fit)
Hurd
Wells/Snyman
Illione
Wolstenholme
Atkinson
Gopperth
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Gloucester (A) - Sunday 12th March 2023 - KO 13:00

Post by sam16111986 »

Would be interesting for Wolstenholme to come from seemingly nowhere to make the bench. Personally I'd prefer young Sam Edwards there. He played really well for us and really just needed to speed up his delivery from the base which would come with more experience and knowing the players around him better.

Otherwise I agree with the selections though might prefer Whitcombe if he's available to van Wyk as well. Van Wyk has tended to come off the bench and do pretty well in the loose the last few weeks but against Glaws I think Whitcombe might be better at scrum time and he's pretty good in the loose to.

Ilione was good off the bench Vs LI, made a real pest of himself and won the decisive 3 pointer with great technique at the breakdown. Having him on the bench is definitely an advantage as it's a point of difference to the power options we'll have starting (Cracknell does a pretty good all rounder job mind).
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

sam16111986 wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 10:12 am Would be interesting for Wolstenholme to come from seemingly nowhere to make the bench. Personally I'd prefer young Sam Edwards there. He played really well for us and really just needed to speed up his delivery from the base which would come with more experience and knowing the players around him better.

Otherwise I agree with the selections though might prefer Whitcombe if he's available to van Wyk as well. Van Wyk has tended to come off the bench and do pretty well in the loose the last few weeks but against Glaws I think Whitcombe might be better at scrum time and he's pretty good in the loose to.

Ilione was good off the bench Vs LI, made a real pest of himself and won the decisive 3 pointer with great technique at the breakdown. Having him on the bench is definitely an advantage as it's a point of difference to the power options we'll have starting (Cracknell does a pretty good all rounder job mind).
With regards to Wolstenholme or Edwards, yes I'd rather give Edwards the time long term, but certainly coming into a world cup year I would like to see him get some real game time before deciding 100% to give him a longer contract or not.

Whitcombe, from the rumours I've heard has a shoulder injury. Leatigaga supposedly also injured. That's why we've retained Richardson as a matchday reserve rather than any gametime for Notts the last few weeks. Cronin back fit will be important for us.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Hopefully Youngs & Heyes at least both get released, but Porter not being in the wider squad is useful.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

https://twitter.com/Murray_Kinsella/sta ... 8K1og&s=19

Gilchrist's ban finally confirmed. Will have to wait & see what this does to Henderson's availability vs Gloucester.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:14 pm https://twitter.com/Murray_Kinsella/sta ... 8K1og&s=19

Gilchrist's ban finally confirmed. Will have to wait & see what this does to Henderson's availability vs Gloucester.
Was it Gilchrist who dodged a Red in the Autumn Games?
To win is not as important as playing with style!
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

I doubt Scotland will go with the 6-2 bench again as I wouldn't say it suits them. That means the likelihood would be the Gray brothers starting together in the second row with Skinner covering from the bench.

Rory Darge and Scott Cummings returned for Glasgow at the weekend too so may return to the squad.

I'd be surprised if Toonie went with a baptism of fire for Henderson against Ireland. The RWC warmups seem a far more likely time for that.
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Who's going to this ? I'm in the Malvern Tyres stand with daughter, son and his girlfriend. This is my one "home" game of the season, having lived in this neck of the woods since 2006. I keep getting asked "so you support Gloucester now ?".....honestly !
Doghashadhisday
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Doghashadhisday »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 11:21 am
sam16111986 wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 10:12 am Would be interesting for Wolstenholme to come from seemingly nowhere to make the bench. Personally I'd prefer young Sam Edwards there. He played really well for us and really just needed to speed up his delivery from the base which would come with more experience and knowing the players around him better.

With regards to Wolstenholme or Edwards, yes I'd rather give Edwards the time long term, but certainly coming into a world cup year I would like to see him get some real game time before deciding 100% to give him a longer contract or not.

Whitcombe, from the rumours I've heard has a shoulder injury. Leatigaga supposedly also injured. That's why we've retained Richardson as a matchday reserve rather than any gametime for Notts the last few weeks. Cronin back fit will be important for us.
Whitcombe has a hamstring injury so probably out for a while - who would have thought a prop would do their hammy Lol
GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GB72 »

Do today's call ups to the Scotland squad mean we may get to keep Henderson for the weekend.
Dave64

Post by Dave64 »

I’m also in the Malvern stand along with 3 friends who are coming down from Leicester. I recently relocated to the region myself and this will be my first visit to Kingsholm.
No one has yet suggested that I might start following Gloucester - perish the thought!! :smt018
Looking forward to Sunday - should be a great match with a lot riding on it.
Let’s make some noise!
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

GB72 wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:59 pm Do today's call ups to the Scotland squad mean we may get to keep Henderson for the weekend.
Yes that has become much more likely!
baz1664
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by baz1664 »

Heyes and BY not retained by England which is a bonus!!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

baz1664 wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 4:19 pm Heyes and BY not retained by England which is a bonus!!
Is it? :smt005
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Scott1 wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 5:18 pm
baz1664 wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 4:19 pm Heyes and BY not retained by England which is a bonus!!
Is it? :smt005
In the case of the former, yes, in the case of the latter.... juries out :smt044