Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

MCC1964
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Tigers v Gloucester (A) - Sunday 12th March 2023 - KO 13:00

Post by MCC1964 »

wigworth wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 5:20 pm
RagingBull wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 5:16 pm Unpopular opinion maybe but Wigglesworth is wasted under Borthwick imo.

Don’t get me wrong Steve is still a great young coach but he plays his way.

Wigglesworth things haven’t been perfect but the team adapt far quicker than under Borthwick.

Would’ve been nice to see him with Mckeller
Possibly, I guess it depends on how long he stays with England, my guess would be a couple years. In my mind there is no doubt given he will get another head coaching job in the Prem at some point given how well he has done.
I was surprised he went. I would have thought the best thing for his career is to be involved in the week in week out nature of the club game. After all, Borthwick himself left the international sphere to build his experience. Anyway, what is done is done.

Great win today though.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Well what a pleasant surprise.
Tigers, having looked a shadow of the team they were last season have suddenly put it together when deprived of so many players.

Ok we lost players in the AIs but in spite of losing their senior coaches look more of a team now than at any time in the season. Heyes playing regularly looks transformed.
baz1664
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by baz1664 »

RagingBull wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 5:16 pm Unpopular opinion maybe but Wigglesworth is wasted under Borthwick imo.

Don’t get me wrong Steve is still a great young coach but he plays his way.

Wigglesworth things haven’t been perfect but the team adapt far quicker than under Borthwick.

Would’ve been nice to see him with Mckeller
Have to agree to be fair, thought RW was out of his depth when he took the post but he seems to be building a solid team with a winning mentality. SB is just crowding his crew around him, safety net of back room staff he trusts, I guess he thinks he can win the World Cup!! We all have dreams 😉
JGT57

Post by JGT57 »

I still think it was too soon for SB and England and, by association, Sir Kev. Time will tell.
Tigers86asw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigers86asw »

JGT57 wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 6:52 pm I still think it was too soon for SB and England and, by association, Sir Kev. Time will tell.
Time will tell. I think, given how bad England are, he wants to rip it up and start again but doing that mid season with the limits on who he can pick is a bit of a nightmare for any coach.

Biggest problem he must see is how soft England are up front and how easy they are to play against. It’s a joke.
JGT57

Post by JGT57 »

We had no against France.

BUT … we did today! Great result
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 5:10 pm
baz1664 wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:53 pm Wasn’t able to see the game today, what a result though!! Was it a collective team effort or some stand out displays!!

Having that world class core of Pollard, Montoya, Wiese and the Berg we seem to be a match for anybody at the moment!!
Stand outs for me...

Montoya
Brown
Youngs
Martin
Henderson

Was nil nil first half and Martin and Henderson's introduction IMO changed the game (note Wells & Snyman played well but once on Martin and Henderson were a step up)
Martin and Hendo are basically international standard locks. Was always going to be a tough ask for the Gloucester pack given the quality we had starting and on the bench. Was impressed by Ludlow though, good player and leader.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:07 pm
baz1664 wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:53 pm Wasn’t able to see the game today, what a result though!! Was it a collective team effort or some stand out displays!!

Having that world class core of Pollard, Montoya, Wiese and the Berg we seem to be a match for anybody at the moment!!
Stand outs for me...

Montoya
Brown
Youngs
Martin
Henderson

Was nil nil first half and Martin and Henderson's introduction IMO changed the game (note Wells & Snyman played well but once on Martin and Henderson were a step up)
Martin and Hendo are basically international standard locks. Was always going to be a tough ask for the Gloucester pack given the quality we had starting and on the bench. Was impressed by Ludlow though, good player and leader.
I was amazed when (as Martin & Henderson came on) the commentary stated they thought the Gloucester bench probably had more impact. Seconds later George Martin smashed a hole through the Gloucester midfield.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:10 pm
Leicestertinytiger wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:07 pm

Stand outs for me...

Montoya
Brown
Youngs
Martin
Henderson

I was amazed when (as Martin & Henderson came on) the commentary stated they thought the Gloucester bench probably had more impact. Seconds later George Martin smashed a hole through the Gloucester midfield.
The predictors, and tipsters certainly got it wrong!
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:10 pm I was amazed when (as Martin & Henderson came on) the commentary stated they thought the Gloucester bench probably had more impact. Seconds later George Martin smashed a hole through the Gloucester midfield.
My favourite moment of the match!

Boooooom!
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Well that was great, brilliant atmosphere and a decent performance. No idea how many Tigers fans travelled but it sounded like a lot, quite a few where we were. Would be interesting to find out whether it was a couple of hundred or more ?
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

In our last few games we have looked really good. Glaws away is always a tough old game, but our defence at the end of the first half must have been demoralising for Glaws. Sir Kev would be proud of the defence, but massive credit to Everard. In the last few games our try ,one defence has been amazing.
Wigglesworth has clearly not only steadied the ship, he has taken it away from the rocks, out of choppy water and into good fishing ground. I was sceptical about his appointment but he has been really good. Credit to the board for not giving him targets (in public at least) just to do his best to guide us.
There is never any points for 2nd place...
KiwiTig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KiwiTig »

I hope the club do everything they can to keep Mike Brown. The man has been inspirational
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

While I understand the view that the ball was not grounded for the last try, I actually think it was. There is a very brief glimpse of it hitting the green before the view is obscured.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
JGT57

Post by JGT57 »

A Gloucester season ticket holder i was sat next to today told Ludlow was donating testimonial monies to 4Ed.