Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers Coaching Team - 2023/2024 Season

Post by Old Hob »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 10:17 pm
Ian Cant wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 9:26 pm Wigglesworth has done a great job for us but yesterday again proved that when other teams front up we don’t have the backs to cut through.
I’m looking forward to the Sale game, cheering from the North stand, to see if we can make a decent game of it!
Think that's a bit harsh when the backs will deliberately not running any of the backs moves they are planning for the Sale game.

Why play moves in a dead rubber, yes our attack looked one dimensional, that's because it was as we're saving things for the big games.
Let's hope so
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Tykger

Post by Tykger »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 8:45 pm A woman in charge of the RFU, think the Bufton-Tuftons might have a meltdown.

Of those who have left its only Aled who is irreplaceable.....personally think he will be wasted with England, unless the clubs give him access.
They are missing the point. I take any wagers.

50p says Andrea is head of RFU in next 5 Years.
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

Tykger wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 12:33 am
Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 8:45 pm A woman in charge of the RFU, think the Bufton-Tuftons might have a meltdown.

Of those who have left its only Aled who is irreplaceable.....personally think he will be wasted with England, unless the clubs give him access.
They are missing the point. I take any wagers.

50p says Andrea is head of RFU in next 5 Years.
She certainly has the talent, maybe too much for the RFU though! :smt040 I think she is certainly one of the reasons for our upturn in recent years, and her managing the change in leadership this year has seen our form return.
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 8:45 pmOf those who have left its only Aled who is irreplaceable.....personally think he will be wasted with England, unless the clubs give him access.
He had a massive impact at the Boks. If anything player access is worse there as they are spread out across leagues. The PGA and EPS give the England coaches a ton of access.

Aled is very much the exception rather than the norm as a S&C lead with so much influence within a coaching setup. I wouldn't be surprised if they return to a more standard S&C setup with Luke Woodhouse remaining as S&C lead but taking on some of Aled's responsibilities then Adam Greenslade and Will Findlay each taking on more in turn.

I'm hoping Petrus du Plessis is an option as scrum coach. He's well regarded, knows the Prem, has worked with McKellar and is available.
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Not quite sure what impact an S and C coach can have when he only has the players for a few weeks per season as any international players should already be fit.
A2O
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

ay2oh wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 10:42 am Not quite sure what impact an S and C coach can have when he only has the players for a few weeks per season as any international players should already be fit.
I guess this is more in prep for the World Cup, training camps and the comp.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Tigerbeat wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 11:10 am
ay2oh wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 10:42 am Not quite sure what impact an S and C coach can have when he only has the players for a few weeks per season as any international players should already be fit.
I guess this is more in prep for the World Cup, training camps and the comp.
Yes but what after the World Cup
A2O
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Does anyone know what clubs Tom Harrison represented in his playing career? I've read that he played in France, but for which club?
Semper in excretia
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

Robespierre wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 11:38 am Does anyone know what clubs Tom Harrison represented in his playing career? I've read that he played in France, but for which club?
FC Auch Gers according to this BBC article.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/22567420
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Harrison is a bit of an odd appointment for me. The Tigers scrum is probably less dominant than it has been at any point in the professional era, and is certainly more vulnerable than before Harrison took over.

I do wonder if Borthwick will come to regret not having more experience around him.

Jobs for mates?
Tigersunited

Post by Tigersunited »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 7:06 pm
Pellsey wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 6:22 pm
ay2oh wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 12:45 pm Let’s get Boris Stankovic back
Bring it on!!
I genuinely don't think you'd find a single Tigers fan against that

Hmm not sure that would work - why did he leave?
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

Tiglon wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 12:08 pm Harrison is a bit of an odd appointment for me. The Tigers scrum is probably less dominant than it has been at any point in the professional era, and is certainly more vulnerable than before Harrison took over.

I do wonder if Borthwick will come to regret not having more experience around him.

Jobs for mates?
I thought exactly the same. I really would like Tiger's to have a dominant scrum again like we had with Stanko. Harrison didn't bring that. It was mostly parity with him.

I have been trying to find out why Stanko left 3 years ago. I can't even find out what he is doing now! Has he just retired from rugby? That would be a huge waste of talent.
Tigersunited

Post by Tigersunited »

Tiglon wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 12:08 pm Harrison is a bit of an odd appointment for me. The Tigers scrum is probably less dominant than it has been at any point in the professional era, and is certainly more vulnerable than before Harrison took over.

Jobs for mates?

looks that way, SB is inexperienced as a HC as are some of those around him. If it wasn’t obvious how bad the RFU is I would wonder how they could allow the insular nature of the appointments…
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 11:43 am
Robespierre wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 11:38 am Does anyone know what clubs Tom Harrison represented in his playing career? I've read that he played in France, but for which club?
FC Auch Gers according to this BBC article.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/22567420
Thanks! Auch are currently in Nationale 2(Top14, ProD2, Nationale 1 then Nationale 2) and are in the playoffs for promotion to Nationale 1. Current test players like Antoine Dupont, Gregory Aldritt and Anthony Jelonch passed through the club.
Semper in excretia
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

Pellsey wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 12:23 pm

Jobs for mates?
I thought exactly the same. I really would like Tiger's to have a dominant scrum again like we had with Stanko. Harrison didn't bring that. It was mostly parity with him.

I have been trying to find out why Stanko left 3 years ago. I can't even find out what he is doing now! Has he just retired from rugby? That would be a huge waste of talent.
I've just asked a friend who knows some of the ex Tigers lads and apparently Boris is coaching in Japan at the NEC Green Rockets, where Craig Newby and Ben Herring have coached previously.