Will we finish in the top 4?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

wigworth
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Will we finish in the top 4?

Post by wigworth »

RagingBull wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:34 am Marcus Smith dropped.
Hella of a boost for Quins that.

Changes the potential predictions IMO.
Quins to beat Exeter at home.

Also hear me out but I can see Sale dropping a few loses. Irish away is a banana skin IMO.
A big boost for Quins, 0-5 in their last five prem matches, it might just save their season.

I also agree with your point about Sale, I think they need to look over their shoulder at Saints. Sale seem to be slipping a bit and have been letting teams back into games.
Not a jock
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Not a jock »

On their highlights show, Flats & Topsy both predicted 3rd/4th places to go to Saints & Chiefs.

On one hand games between those in 3rd to 8th places "take points of each other" but the flip side is that there are a minimum of four points each game to be allocated to the pack and sometimes seven like Saints vs Glaws this last weekend. One or two teams in the pack may lose form and drop out of contention but most will have a chance of top four.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

No.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
KiwiTig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KiwiTig »

It’s possible and why not ? Believe it can and it might, believe it can’t and it never will
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

All we can do is go out and try and win our matches. Win them all we have a chance, lose one and its out of our hands.

Personally, we might have had some good results lately but we've been so hit and miss this season I just can't see us winning all our remianing games.

Saying that though, beat Gloucester away and it stands us in good stead having the rest of the games at home! Assuming we beat Bath that is...
Last edited by ads on Thu Mar 02, 2023 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Losing at home to Saints makes it relatively unlikely.
KiwiTig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KiwiTig »

Let’s give up then 🙄
SthrnTiger

Post by SthrnTiger »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:44 pm https://twitter.com/premrugby/status/16 ... wqamg&s=19

These were the odds before the weekend's game, I'd be interested to see where they stand now?
They also had Tigers to beat Irish so I was surprised when saw those odds.

I think we need Quins to beat Exeter and then win all our remaining games or win 4 with lots of bonus points. Got to expect Bath and Falcons to win at least 1 of their remaining games to derail someone’s push.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

KiwiTig wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 12:24 am Let’s give up then 🙄
Who said give up? Can you point me to the post/s please?
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
KiwiTig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KiwiTig »

I’m not sure how many team talks you’ve been in Scott but an opinion of “relatively unlikely” hardly strikes of positivity. I played and coached with an attitude of anything can realistically be achieved and I just struggle with anything other than that. Positivity and negativity can be equally infectious to everyone. I just prefer one over the other
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

KiwiTig wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 2:25 pm I’m not sure how many team talks you’ve been in Scott but an opinion of “relatively unlikely” hardly strikes of positivity. I played and coached with an attitude of anything can realistically be achieved and I just struggle with anything other than that. Positivity and negativity can be equally infectious to everyone. I just prefer one over the other
What's saying I don't believe we will finish in the top 4 got to do witht team talks?! Unless you believe the players will read a nobodies posts like mine? Haha come on now
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
KiwiTig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KiwiTig »

Haha! I genuinely think everyone has a role in creating a great environment players, coaches, staff and fans et al like …Hey we are all different but I do try and see more positives than negatives in most things and I wouldn’t underestimate the influence we all have-even you, me and the others The margin between success and failure is fine and everyone has a part to play ! I feel better for it too ! Looking forward to the weekend with optimism and hope we keep chipping away at that top 4th spot. We all know the mantra …”take each game as it comes” 👍
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

KiwiTig wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 2:46 pm Haha! I genuinely think everyone has a role in creating a great environment players, coaches, staff and fans et al like …Hey we are all different but I do try and see more positives than negatives in most things and I wouldn’t underestimate the influence we all have-even you, me and the others The margin between success and failure is fine and everyone has a part to play ! I feel better for it too ! Looking forward to the weekend with optimism and hope we keep chipping away at that top 4th spot. We all know the mantra …”take each game as it comes” 👍
Without putting the mockers on it I thought we would lose the last 2 games but am super confident about this one!
KiwiTig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KiwiTig »

I hope so too pal 👍
SASCOkid
Tiger Cub

Post by SASCOkid »

However you look at it, it won't be easy.