Will we finish in the top 4?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Will we finish in the top 4?

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

I have been looking at the remaining fixtures for all teams and have predicted how many points I think each team will get in their remaining games, thus leaving a final table. This is how it looks. What do you think?

Bristol v Saints 1-4
Tigers v Bath 5-0
Quins v Exeter 1-4
Falcons v Irish 0-5
Sale v Sarries 1-4
Saints v Bath 5-0
Gloucester v Tigers 1-4
Irish v Sale 1-5
Bristol v Quins 1-5
Exeter v Falcons 5-0
Falcons v Gloucester 0-5
Tigers v Bristol 4-1
Sarries v Quins 4-1
Irish v Saints 1-5
Bath v Exeter 0-5
Bristol v Sale 0-4
Gloucester v Bath 5-0
Quins v Falcons 5-0
Saints v Sarries1-4
Tigers v Exeter 4-1
Exeter v Bristol 5-0
Gloucester v Sale 4-1
Quins v Bath 5-0
Falcons v Saints 0-5
Sarries v Irish 5-0
Bath v Sarries 0-5
Bristol v Gloucester 4-1
Tigers v Quins 4-1
Irish v Exeter 0-5
Sale v Falcons 5-0

Final table:
1st Sarries 84 points
2nd Sale 67 points
3rd/4th Saints/Exeter 63 points
3rd/4th Exeter/Saints 63 points
5th Tigers 59 points
6th Gloucester 55 points
7th Quins 52 points
8th Irish 43 points
9th Bristol 39 points
10th Falcons 27 points
11th Bath 26 points
Last edited by TigerBoy1880 on Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wigworth
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Will we finish in the top 4?

Post by wigworth »

As I mentioned in the other thread I think bonus points are a must at this point, as you have us still in 5th even with 5 wins. It will be a fun end of the season.
TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

I have added how many points each team will finish on now as I forgot to put that on initially!! Even if we were to get 5 points in every match now, we'd be level on points with 3rd and 4th if the results go the same way as I have got them. Then it boils down to how many tries Saints, Exeter and ourselves have scored.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Too hard to call.

I see you have Bristol losing at home to Saints and Quins but then beating Gloucester.

And I believe you have Falcons not getting a bean for the rest of the season, including two home games.

Seems questionable.
TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

ourla wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 8:25 pm Too hard to call.

I see you have Bristol losing at home to Saints and Quins but then beating Gloucester.

And I believe you have Falcons not getting a bean for the rest of the season, including two home games.

Seems questionable.
I do! Bristol could lose those Agnes and then heat Gloucester. That’s how close it is and how results could go. Obviously, I may be completely wrong but that’s the joy of sport isn’t it?!
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

I’d just look to win our next game. This season’s Premiership is probably the hardest it’s ever been to predict results.
Bath, like Saints always raise their game against us so the team really do need to step up another level especially as Bath, I think, only have Lawrence out for international duty!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

No.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

https://twitter.com/premrugby/status/16 ... wqamg&s=19

These were the odds before the weekend's game, I'd be interested to see where they stand now?
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

I cannot see us winning away at Gloucester on the last weekend of the international window.
The following week v Bristol will be interesting because what balance will Wiggo want of resting International players after a hefty stint with England and getting players playing together prior to the Edinburgh game. Cole will be fine as he has only been coming off the bench Watson hasn’t played all games but I think Steward and Chessum in particular and JVP to a certain extent are going to need rest as they have played a lot of minutes. When will they get that rest in a busy end to season?
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

mightymouse wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:36 am I cannot see us winning away at Gloucester on the last weekend of the international window.
The following week v Bristol will be interesting because what balance will Wiggo want of resting International players after a hefty stint with England and getting players playing together prior to the Edinburgh game. Cole will be fine as he has only been coming off the bench Watson hasn’t played all games but I think Steward and Chessum in particular and JVP to a certain extent are going to need rest as they have played a lot of minutes. When will they get that rest in a busy end to season?
The England players will have had two weekend breaks during the Six Nations so would expect them to be back at Clubs and available for selection, though their game time may be managed. No need for them to be given any more time off........
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

mightymouse wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:36 am I cannot see us winning away at Gloucester on the last weekend of the international window.
How we approach the England player breaks will I think depend on our next two games, if we win both I think our slight leaning will be in the league so one or two rested for Edinburgh game, or if we lose both we'll go 100% in all European games.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Tigerbeat wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:53 am
The England players will have had two weekend breaks during the Six Nations so would expect them to be back at Clubs and available for selection, though their game time may be managed. No need for them to be given any more time off........
I may be wrong but I thought the player release agreement between the RFU and Prem Rugby mandated a rest weekend for all players who play over a certain percentage of minutes.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Marcus Smith dropped.
Hella of a boost for Quins that.

Changes the potential predictions IMO.
Quins to beat Exeter at home.

Also hear me out but I can see Sale dropping a few loses. Irish away is a banana skin IMO.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

RagingBull wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:34 am Marcus Smith dropped.
Hella of a boost for Quins that.

Changes the potential predictions IMO.
Quins to beat Exeter at home.

Also hear me out but I can see Sale dropping a few loses. Irish away is a banana skin IMO.
Plus May now in the England squad, may make them lighter on wingers when we play them
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

I don't think so.

I'm not expecting it at any rate.
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100