Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tigers86asw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Tigers v Bath (H)- Saturday 04th March 2023 - KO 15:00

Post by Tigers86asw »

MCC1964 wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 2:01 pm
Tigers86asw wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 1:37 pm I know it’s doesn’t matter but the Bath player is definitely out in touch for their first try.

If I can see it on the reply- what is the TMO doing- it’s such a basic thing to spot.
Funnily enough having just seen the highlights I thought the exact opposite. I wasn’t too far away at the time and I thought it was out, but having seen the replays I don’t think there’s overwhelming evidence to overturn.
I just froze the image from the highlights and his back foot is in touch before the ball is over. It seemed very obvious to me but what do I know!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Tigers86asw wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:47 pm
Tigers86asw wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 1:37 pm I know it’s doesn’t matter but the Bath player is definitely out in touch for their first try.

If I can see it on the reply- what is the TMO doing- it’s such a basic thing to spot.
Funnily enough having just seen the highlights I thought the exact opposite. I wasn’t too far away at the time and I thought it was out, but having seen the replays I don’t think there’s overwhelming evidence to overturn.
I just froze the image from the highlights and his back foot is in touch before the ball is over. It seemed very obvious to me but what do I know!
Yes it was! Definitely! But his front right foot was close too when it slid across ,maybe they looked more at that
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:50 pm

Yes it was! Definitely! But his front right foot was close too when it slid across ,maybe they looked more at that
I don't know why you are all arguing about if he was in touch - the lady behind me said he was and everyone could see that so he was!!!! - I should say we are sat in the Crumbie on the 22 but she can see everything from there - forward passes, knock-ons, not straight at the line out and every offside offence that the opposition commits. :smt026 :smt026 :smt026
Hehehehehehehehe
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

trendylfj wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:47 pm

I don't know why you are all arguing about if he was in touch - the lady behind me said he was and everyone could see that so he was!!!! - I should say we are sat in the Crumbie on the 22 but she can see everything from there - forward passes, knock-ons, not straight at the line out and every offside offence that the opposition commits. :smt026 :smt026 :smt026
The Crumbie is the best ref, TMO and touch judge going. We've not been wrong, ever.....
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:54 pm

The Crumbie is the best ref, TMO and touch judge going. We've not been wrong, ever.....
Well on the other side of the pitch I must have her twin behind me because they are the same, whilst also explaining every rule in the book at least once per game, explaining every possible tactic, and every choice about going for goal or corner whenever it comes up. And do you know they are NEVER wrong.
As Good As It Gets
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

His foot was definitively in touch it happened right in front of me and it was confirmed by the match screen slow mow. Another example of the increasingly appalling officiating week in week out in the premiership.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

sapajo wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:54 am

His foot was definitively in touch it happened right in front of me and it was confirmed by the match screen slow mow. Another example of the increasingly appalling officiating week in week out in the premiership.
In touch. Its was actually even more in touch than that, but I can't quite get it to freeze in exactly right place.

fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

The standard of officiating is dreadful now. With that and the blatantly obvious forward pass waved on by the TMO in the Sale Saracens game it beggars belief that these officials keep getting the gig! We're constantly reminded the game is professional but it's officiated in the most amateurish manner. :smt017
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

fentiger wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:22 am The standard of officiating is dreadful now. With that and the blatantly obvious forward pass waved on by the TMO in the Sale Saracens game it beggars belief that these officials keep getting the gig! We're constantly reminded the game is professional but it's officiated in the most amateurish manner. :smt017
You have to remember that rugby is now a commodity entertainment, so anything stopping the 'flow' and excitement........watching that video on Twitter last week where the 9 looks aggrieved when pinged for feeding reminds me that so many times it's as blatant as that, and not pinged.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
wigworth
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wigworth »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:54 pm

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed Crumbie is king.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

fentiger wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:22 am The standard of officiating is dreadful now. With that and the blatantly obvious forward pass waved on by the TMO in the Sale Saracens game it beggars belief that these officials keep getting the gig! We're constantly reminded the game is professional but it's officiated in the most amateurish manner. :smt017
Can't think of any sport at elite level that has worse officiating than rugby union
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GB72 »

Scott1 wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:59 am
Can't think of any sport at elite level that has worse officiating than rugby union
I think that football runs it close.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

GB72 wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:02 am
I think that's more of the self importance of the refs rather than incompetence,but it definitely runs it close.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

As I've said before with the TMO dealing with replays and the live game is a LOT of information to process. If they want consistency they should up the number of officials acting as a TMO. There is a ref plus 2 assistants on the pitch. Why can't there be 3 TMO's, will mean less gets missed, more consistency in decisions, at the moment TMO's can't see everything. Give the TMO more sets of eyes, less missed is less inconsistency.

It also makes reviewing quicker. Each TMO is watching a different angle simultaneously they pop key angle for the on pitch sir to look at not having to go through them one at a time.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Scott1 wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:22 am
GB72 wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:02 am

I think that's more of the self importance of the refs rather than incompetence,but it definitely runs it close.
Agreed the shear arrogance of the Refs especially Foley and recently Troy Tempest is negatively impacting upon results :smt013
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity