TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v London Irish (A) - Saturday 25th February 2023 - KO 19:30

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Scuttle wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 5:38 pm
Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:47 pm
Darc Tiger wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:43 pm

Given he's the U20s skipper, it's unlikely we'll recall him.
if we need him we should, being U20s skipper is great but playing mens senior Rugby is more beneficial to him, so long as Wells, Martin and Snyman stay fit we should let him stay there however
I heard the commentary say Cunningham-South for LI chose to stay with the club for this game rather than taking his place in the U20s team.
There's only one affected game, next week vs Bath is the bye week, so will definitely have Reffell & Henderson for that.

Then the Gloucester away game is the affected game. However even if Green is still injured we definitely have Martin, Wells and Snyman ahead of Lewis Chessum, plus probably Tom Manz too so doubt he'll be recalled.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 7:36 pm
Scuttle wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 5:38 pm
Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:47 pm
if we need him we should, being U20s skipper is great but playing mens senior Rugby is more beneficial to him, so long as Wells, Martin and Snyman stay fit we should let him stay there however
I heard the commentary say Cunningham-South for LI chose to stay with the club for this game rather than taking his place in the U20s team.
There's only one affected game, next week vs Bath is the bye week, so will definitely have Reffell & Henderson for that.

Then the Gloucester away game is the affected game. However even if Green is still injured we definitely have Martin, Wells and Snyman ahead of Lewis Chessum, plus probably Tom Manz too so doubt he'll be recalled.
Scott Cummings and Sam Skinner are also available to Scotland so no guarantee we'll see Henderson called up. I'd have thought Henderson will be in a bit of an apprentice position within the squad currently and they'll be happy for him to be both doing that and starting games for Tigers. He might have to wait until the pre world cup internationals for a chance to stake a claim.
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Loving the “Montoya” song on LTTV….brilliant !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecrbzf0TUuQ
KiwiTig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KiwiTig »

Me too ! I’ve noticed that Aled plays a big part in all of the “joining up activity” …it’s simple and it’s basic but not everyone can do it but if he can do this and do such a great job with S&C and his rugby head on he will be a hard act to replace !
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

Does anyone have any humble pie I can have please? This match and the Sarries game I had down as both a thumping for us, so very well done to the young ones and dad's army !!!! now pass me a fork for this pie
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

KiwiTig wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 11:20 pm Me too ! I’ve noticed that Aled plays a big part in all of the “joining up activity” …it’s simple and it’s basic but not everyone can do it but if he can do this and do such a great job with S&C and his rugby head on he will be a hard act to replace !
He's been much more than the S&C guy for us. Will definitely be a tough act to follow, will be great with England.

Saw the highlights and loved the Ilione turnover for the last three points. Such a good position at the ruck, he's so low but from a stable base the LI defenders had no legal chance of moving him.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Chobbsy wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 8:32 am Does anyone have any humble pie I can have please? This match and the Sarries game I had down as both a thumping for us, so very well done to the young ones and dad's army !!!! now pass me a fork for this pie
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

Tigerbeat wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 10:17 am
Chobbsy wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 8:32 am Does anyone have any humble pie I can have please? This match and the Sarries game I had down as both a thumping for us, so very well done to the young ones and dad's army !!!! now pass me a fork for this pie
Thank you its yummy, I am happy to keep eating if they keep winning
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Chobbsy wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 10:20 am
Thank you its yummy, I am happy to keep eating if they keep winning
Yep, best humble pie is the one you actually want to be eating!
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Still eating mine! :smt003
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Tykger

Post by Tykger »

Save some for Ben Earl !! Just seen his non try against Falcons.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

What has changed in the last couple of games?
We are defending better.
Why, when we have so many out?

Perhaps the focus of the previous defence coach was elsewhere?
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

mol2 wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:09 pm What has changed in the last couple of games?
We are defending better.
Why, when we have so many out?

Perhaps the focus of the previous defence coach was elsewhere?
Spreading himself to thin perhaps? I was laughed at on here by one or twowhen mentioning that the England gig will suit him more with his charity work but it makes perfect sense to me. Not saying that was the only reason,but it certainly couldn’t have helped
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

Re the Humble pie thing

I like to look at the worst possible scenario and then be pleased if I’m wrong.
a) I think it helps you from being massively disappointed if you are smashed
b) it leads to even greater elation when we do win
c) it makes me (and I think many others) support much more passionately .. shout louder for longer.
You can feel it in the ground… before a game we think we will struggle in (usually because we have a dozen players missing or up against exceptional opposition) there is a brooding grumble around the terrace. Then the roar starts building lounger and fiercer as the crowd realises the team is fighting hard against the odds
.. give me underdog mentality every day.. I hate that cocky feeling either in players or supporters.. it’s usually a short road to ruin, loss and great disappointment.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Moving into my late 50's I don't get too beat up if we lose.

I like to be in the mix at the back end of the season in at least one of the League/Europe. I didn't expect us to beat Sarries in the Prem final and was just glad to see us back there.

To win the whole thing, things have to go your way a bit and you have to be on your game. And players aren't machines.

And during the season there are bound to be ups and downs.