Dan McKellar to join Leicester Tigers as Head Coach

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

AViewFromLe2

Re: Dan McKellar to join Leicester Tigers as Head Coach

Post by AViewFromLe2 »

CrumblingTerrace wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:15 am Good to see McKellar commenting on the new signings/re-signings. Heads off the inevitable questions about whether these are 'his' signings.
They're not his signings. Everyone announced so far was sorted and signed off by Steve. Hassell-Collins was a done deal back in November/December etc. OHC is the first signing announced since McKellar himself was announced, hence why they got his comments included.

There are 3-4 spaces left to fill - I suspect DMK is now involved with the recruitment team to fill those spaces and any future signings will be DMK ones.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Incoming Leicester Tigers Head Coach Dan McKellar added: “Ollie is a great addition to what is an exciting group, which I cannot wait to work with starting from next season.”

“He is an international, who is already very experienced in the Premiership at a young age.”

“The squad put together for next year is a great mix of youth and experience, which I hope Leicester Tigers supporters are as excited as I am about.”

Discussing the move the Leicester Tigers, Hassell-Collins said: “It’s the biggest club in England and hard to say no, when they want to come and chat with you. It excites me a lot, being a part of Leicester Tigers.”

“I know some of the guys and am looking forward to being a part of the young group and what is a pretty crazy potential line-up in the backline.

“It’s a hell of a ground, Mattioli Woods Welford Road, and when you think about Leicester Tigers, you think about the stadium and crowd, how hostile it is, and it’s exciting to know I’ll be on the home side of that.”

Hassell-Collins is the fifth confirmed signing for Dan McKellar’s Leicester Tigers squad ahead of the 2023/24 campaign alongside Josh Bassett, Kyle Hatherell, Jamie Shillcock and Finn Theobald-Thomas.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
No6_Flanker
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by No6_Flanker »

RagingBull wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:37 am Ian peel looking likely to be staying at sarries
What’s your source for this and who else is in the running?
Cheering on the Tigers in Detroit.
Previously a slower, shorter, less good looking version of Tom Croft.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

No6_Flanker wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:09 pm
RagingBull wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:37 am Ian peel looking likely to be staying at sarries
Mark Mccall and all I’ve heard is Harrison being linked but who knows
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

RagingBull wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:13 pm
No6_Flanker wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:09 pm
Mark Mccall and all I’ve heard is Harrison being linked but who knows
https://archive.is/ao55U

this is the article in the Times minus the paywall
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.