Gary Sherrard

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Snowdrop

Gary Sherrard

Post by Snowdrop »

Gary, the former head of comms at WR left in Dec 22. There has been nothing on the official website to articulate why, to offer any thanks for his 16 years service (which is pretty poor by the club), and nothing on the forum. I only found out by reading an copy of The Rugby Paper. Two questions: Why have the club not made comment/offered thanks etc? Does anyone out there have any informed insights as to why he departed?
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Re: Gary Sherrard

Post by sapajo »

Snowdrop wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:20 am Gary, the former head of comms at WR left in Dec 22. There has been nothing on the official website to articulate why, to offer any thanks for his 16 years service (which is pretty poor by the club), and nothing on the forum. I only found out by reading an copy of The Rugby Paper. Two questions: Why have the club not made comment/offered thanks etc? Does anyone out there have any informed insights as to why he departed?
Who would know other than him and the club?
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

viewtopic.php?t=47658&start=1560

His departure was talked about here. On page 105/106 on the main squad and staff chat

It was said there it was acknowledged and announced to the press pool (who he worked directly with)

The club don't announce publicly every leaving, we don't know reasons behind this, but there was acknowledgement on here regarding it.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
AngusMcCoatup
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by AngusMcCoatup »

I find the loss of Gary Sherrard a real loss to the club, his pitch presentations, his prompt news reports and his general manner was in the Tigers spirit. After 16 years at the club then I do find it very strange and a kick in the teeth also the loss of Sarah the long time Manager of the Tigers shop who served through the bad times and now the good times with Tigers running the operation. Another sad loss!
Gary was the Master of Ceremonies for the Open Forums where members could ask the Management and players open questions. But these Open Forums went the same way. I always wanted an Open Forum at the start of the season with Steve and the Cup but that opportunity has long gone too, but still time to plan one!
We trusted Gary's reports and statements and he really is a great loss to us Tigers. :smt027
To the world you may be just one person.
But to that one person you may be the world!
sk 88
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sk 88 »

There was quite a few tributes in the printed programme the match after including from Peter Tom.
Goooooodeeeeeyyyyy!