6 Nations 2023

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Re: 6 Nations 2023

Post by Old Hob »

I'm not sure why SB is limited in the number of changes he can make. Is it to do with an agreement with the clubs?

I agree with much of the above; if Farrell has to play (and I'd rather he didn't) then it must be at 10, he seems to forget where he is or what he's supposed to be doing at 12. And why wasn't Smith kicking? More reliable than Farrell.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Smudge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Smudge »

I was pleased to see Tommy Reffel get on the pitch for Wales. Unfortunately it was too late for him to shine.
A life long Tiger
No6_Flanker
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by No6_Flanker »

Good analysis on England’s defensive lapses:
https://www.rugbypass.com/news/going-af ... r-england/

Agree about benching Itoje, see if it gives him a kick up the behind. Willis in for Curry, and I think Dombrandt is worth persevering with.

Think we might have to stick with JVP, due to Eddie’s lack of succession strategy, and I’d have Mitchell on the bench. Big fan of the Kelly Lawrence midfield too.
Cheering on the Tigers in Detroit.
Previously a slower, shorter, less good looking version of Tom Croft.
wigworth
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wigworth »

No6_Flanker wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:12 pm Good analysis on England’s defensive lapses:
https://www.rugbypass.com/news/going-af ... r-england/

Agree about benching Itoje, see if it gives him a kick up the behind. Willis in for Curry, and I think Dombrandt is worth persevering with.

Think we might have to stick with JVP, due to Eddie’s lack of succession strategy, and I’d have Mitchell on the bench. Big fan of the Kelly Lawrence midfield too.
That is a good piece about the defence and it does again show that the Smith Farrell duo doesn't really work. Farrell seemed to be the main culprit of this vendetta against Russell, whether this was a deliberate tactic or that he doesn't really trust Smith's defensive abilities I am not sure but it did highlight that clearly Sinfield needs more time with them to make sure the defensive system is second nature.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

So are we saying that Farrell has too big a say on our defensive system and was on a one man crusade? Or was he under orders?
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
wigworth
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wigworth »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:56 pm So are we saying that Farrell has too big a say on our defensive system and was on a one man crusade? Or was he under orders?
I am pretty sure Farrell has always led the defence in the back line whether or not he has any say in the actual system I guess we will never know. As for if that was a deliberate tactic or Russell just got under his skin, my guess would be that it was a deliberate tactic as he was on him right from the start of the match but I suppose we will never really know.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Looks like he dropped that
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Italy v France is under way and it only took a couple of minutes for France to open the scoring with a try by former Loughborough Town player, Thibault Flament. Sadly, the stadium only seems about half full with swathes of empty seats in the ends and corners.
Semper in excretia
CJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CJ »

Three tries for the French already - they are looking really good, albeit against ‘only’ Italy .
CJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CJ »

Might have known the Italians would go and score the moment I posted that.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Capuozzo is some player,arguably the worlds best FB on his current form. Italy is not a gimme next week for England!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Yellow card yes but P.Try? Mmmmmm
wigworth
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wigworth »

I really hope the Italians don't fade and can keep pushing the French the whole 80.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

These Italian chappies will give Borthwick's boys a run for their money
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Big Dai wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:18 pm These Italian chappies will give Borthwick's boys a run for their money
They will,totally different side these days ,and capable of beating anyone