6 Nations 2023

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

baz1664
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: 6 Nations 2023

Post by baz1664 »

England just couldn’t deal with the pace of the Scottish attacks and missed to many tackles!! VDM was a monster and really took England to town!! Genge looks a shadow of himself and Maro doesn’t seem to have lived up to all of the hype, Chessum was the stand out lock today!!

Also England seemed to be flagging fitness wise in the last 10, someone might come knocking at the Tigers door again 👎
Postiger2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Postiger2 »

baz1664 wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 6:41 pm England just couldn’t deal with the pace of the Scottish attacks and missed to many tackles!! VDM was a monster and really took England to town!! Genge looks a shadow of himself and Maro doesn’t seem to have lived up to all of the hype, Chessum was the stand out lock today!!

Also England seemed to be flagging fitness wise in the last 10, someone might come knocking at the Tigers door again 👎
Agree with this but I thought Genge had a cracking game. We lost momentum when he left the field.

I'm seriously fed up with Owen Farrell. Poor captain and massively overrated.
Tigersunited

Post by Tigersunited »

Darc Tiger wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 6:37 pm Nobody was taking charge in attack in that last quarter for England. Jack and Marcus were fizzing about, and taking the attack by the scruff of the neck, and then it all just disappeared.

Far too soft for all of Scotland's tries, unfortunately for Sinfield.

Two Scottish players all over our side of the ruck in that last play. Definitely an England pen, but hard to see us converting.
Wilkinson “there was space everywhere for Scotland”
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

But when it mattered he kicked too long. (Young’s)
Possibly his last game.
Macko came on a did next to nothing and when he did he spent too long on the ground. Lazy. Goodbye.
Borthwick made a rod for his own back by making Farrell captain. Had to play him because of that.
Hope one of the other Centre options is fit as Farrell at inside Centre is a recipe for disaster.
Marchant is not a centre at this level Lawrence must start.
It might seem left field should we have played Manu and Lawrence in the the centres? At least they know where to line up in defence and could not have been less creative than Farrell.
JVP, Chessum and Cole did well enough or better. Cole should have started but a Macko-Sinckler prop combo coming on is not really an option.
Line out not great. Discipline OK but much work for Sir Kev to do and hope for fit centres? I fear that the Premiership figured out how to expose Tigers’ defence this season and perhaps it has already been sussed by Scotland and probably the rest of the 6N too. Rapid evolution.

Let’s not over hype how well Scotland played. England let them play and need to show more steel.
How good are Scotland? Probably the third best side in the 6N.
Last edited by mol2 on Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

Postiger2 wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 6:43 pm
baz1664 wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 6:41 pm England just couldn’t deal with the pace of the Scottish attacks and missed to many tackles!! VDM was a monster and really took England to town!! Genge looks a shadow of himself and Maro doesn’t seem to have lived up to all of the hype, Chessum was the stand out lock today!!

Agree with this but I thought Genge had a cracking game. We lost momentum when he left the field.

Yes I think I'd have kept Genge on.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Postiger2 wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 6:31 pm If someone could teach England players to turn their heads to the left or right, we might have a chance. Are they aware that you don't have to slavishly smash it up the middle.

Scotland thoroughly deserved that. They came to play rugby and won handsomely.
Have to agree, Scotland were better, they ran and passed ball so much better than us, they deserved the win, England have got to look at our game plan, passing, catching and tackling.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

LittleBigG wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 6:39 pm
Lutontiger wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 6:33 pm Too many missed tackles.
This is the reason tbh! We had about as many as Scotland did, despite them making literally twice as many tackles!

On saying that though... what was wrong with that Earl turnover that he got pinged for. Small margins- we'd have won if that had gone the other way!

Well played Scotland though!
Nothing wrong with it! Look how tense his hamstrings were
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Honestly that performance reminded me a lot of Tigers this season, a lot of huff and puff in attack but not much deception, incredibly narrow in defense and poor 1v1 tackling
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Postiger2 wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 6:43 pm

Yes,Genge was top carrier , he was very good
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Nofrontteeth
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Nofrontteeth »

"Scots wha hey with Wallace bled. Scots that Bruce often led"

I enjoyed the game irrespective of who won (is lying in a text an offence?) but still a touch too much in-field kicking for me.
Let's see more running at defenders.
I'm becoming concerned that with balls flying over 80% of a squad they have forgotten 80 minutes of man on man defence.
Chissum certainly put himself in the frame.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

kpj tiger wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 6:50 pm Honestly that performance reminded me a lot of Tigers this season, a lot of huff and puff in attack but not much deception, incredibly narrow in defense and poor 1v1 tackling
Carbon copy, so what's the common denominator, and who was the master?
speedski
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by speedski »

Farrell needs to go.

End of.
Tigersunited

Post by Tigersunited »

Yep
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Dan Kelly

Please save us from Farrell at 12!
Tigers86asw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigers86asw »

England looked much better in attack. They struggled there as soon as JVP went off.

People often talk about Farrell in attack but having a slow inside centre is such an issue defensively. Two of Scotland’s came from poor errors from Farrell and Marchant in defense.

Not convinced by Ben Curry. Opensides should never miss tackles.

Chessum was excellent, as was Ludlam.

Borthwick will be worried by the lack of success or England’s maul. At the end they butchered it and looked now where near close to scoring.

We looked cooked at the end.Walters won’t be with us for much longer.