6 Nations 2023

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Re: 6 Nations 2023

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Farrell and Smith just doesn’t work. SB must be praying Kelly and Slade back soon! Thought the pack did pretty good by and large. Curry getting slated on social media but think he did alright. Dombrandt seemed to yo-yo between world class and awful.
Last edited by Leicestertinytiger on Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Terrible missed tackle by Dombrant on VDW, he would have stood a better chance of making him drop the ball if he had kissed him. :smt005 Think I would have selected Ludlam at 8, with Earl at 7 and Curry at 6, or Chessum, with Iseke at 5. Anyway lets see what happens for next game.
Postiger2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Postiger2 »

As much as he's a tool, Ben Earl surely has to start the next game. Sadly, Curry looked way out of his depth.

We're stuck with Farrell because Borthwick has made the mistake of giving him the captaincy. He's average in attack, average in defence, and even missed two pretty straightforward kicks today. I just feel he slows everything down and has done for a long time.
Greenwhiteandred
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Greenwhiteandred »

Yep not impressed by Curry and Dombrandt - a 7 can’t miss a 9 like that. Dombrandt runs some good lines but doesn’t do the nuts and bolts you expect from an international 8.
Ludlam and Chessum were the stand out in the pack for me.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

LE18 wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:06 pm Terrible missed tackle by Dombrant on VDW, he would have stood a better chance of making him drop the ball if he had kissed him. :smt005 Think I would have selected Ludlam at 8, with Earl at 7 and Curry at 6, or Chessum, with Iseke at 5. Anyway lets see what happens for next game.
Conveniently missing out the other 5 or 6 dreadful tackles that led to two of their tries ,including at least 3 from our own Tigers! For me Dombrandt was very good bar the missed tackle and dropped restart. The trouble with aggressive running lines is that if you’re a millisecond out they bounce out. And 2 didn’t stick. I’d drop Curry and play Ludlum,Earl,Dombrandt next week
Last edited by Scott1 on Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Greenwhiteandred
Gold Member
Gold Member

After that - anyone think Townsend might be a coup if we can get him?
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Greenwhiteandred wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:11 pm After that - anyone think Townsend might be a coup if we can get him?
It’s a brilliant coup if he is coming! Top coach! Knows how to run an attack and put Scotland fundamentally are very very good!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:10 pm
LE18 wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:06 pm Terrible missed tackle by Dombrant on VDW, he would have stood a better chance of making him drop the ball if he had kissed him. :smt005 Think I would have selected Ludlam at 8, with Earl at 7 and Curry at 6, or Chessum, with Iseke at 5. Anyway lets see what happens for next game.
Conveniently missing out the other 5 or 6 dreadful tackles that led to two of their tries ,including at least 3 from our own Tigers! For me Dombrandt was very good bar the missed tackle and dropped restart. He trouble with aggressive running lines is that if you’re a millisecond out they bounce out. And 2 didn’t stick. I’d drop Curry and play Ludlum,Earl,Dombrandt next week
If he was so good, why was he removed so early, even before our front row, that should tell you something. You claim to tell the truth, how can you morally defend that missed tackle, running along side him and sticking an arm out, go low and bring him down, shameful example of how not to do it,
Last edited by LE18 on Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Does anyone think Itoje has fallen off a cliff too? What happened to the player that at one stage you could arguably call the worlds best lock?
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

LE18 wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:13 pm
Conveniently missing out the other 5 or 6 dreadful tackles that led to two of their tries ,including at least 3 from our own Tigers! For me Dombrandt was very good bar the missed tackle and dropped restart. He trouble with aggressive running lines is that if you’re a millisecond out they bounce out. And 2 didn’t stick. I’d drop Curry and play Ludlum,Earl,Dombrandt next week
If he was so good, why was he removed so early, even before our front row, that should tell you something.
Doesn’t tell me anything apart from the fact SB wanted Earl on the pitch. Do Kitschoff,Marx and Malherbe etc ever get replaced after 40 minutes because they’ve played badly? :smt002
Greenwhiteandred
Gold Member
Gold Member

Scott1 wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:14 pm Does anyone think Itoje has fallen off a cliff too? What happened to the player that at one stage you could arguably call the worlds best lock?
Yep - he’s still good but less of a player than he was a couple of seasons ago.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

If he was so good, why was he removed so early, even before our front row, that should tell you something. You claim to tell the truth, how can you morally defend that missed tackle, running along side him and sticking an arm out, go low and bring him down, shameful example of how not to do it,
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Tough game next week too,this isn’t the Italy of old. They are a dangerous team now who are well drilled too.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

[ulist=]
LE18 wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:20 pm

Can you morally defend Chessums missed tackle then? Or JVP? Or Steward? Or are you conveniently forgetting about them?! No,thought not!
LittleBigG

Post by LittleBigG »

Conveniently missing out the other 5 or 6 dreadful tackles that led to two of their tries ,including at least 3 from our own Tigers! For me Dombrandt was very good bar the missed tackle and dropped restart. The trouble with aggressive running lines is that if you’re a millisecond out they bounce out. And 2 didn’t stick. I’d drop Curry and play Ludlum,Earl,Dombrandt next week
The replay from the end of the pitch, imo, showed that the other missed tackles came from VDM's brilliance... Dombrandt should have flattened him (they probably would have scored anyway but that's "probably" as opposed to "definitely")

FWIW I think Dombrandt is the best EQ 8, but he's gonna want to burn the tape of today's match