Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

MCC1964
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: 6 Nations 2023

Post by MCC1964 »

Probyn’s headline in the sad little rag that is The Rugby Paper:

‘Did RFU give Job to Borthwick too soon?’

Paul Rees headline: ‘England go from springboard to falling though a trap door.

Nick Cain headline: ‘RFU need to harness top coaches’

Shane Williams headline (re Wales obvs): ‘Standing tall as we finish on a high’.

And so it begins….
Tykger

Post by Tykger »

I did enjoy Shame Williams magnificent commentary. He is a smart bloke who brings great insight. Just a shame that every Welsh try, irrespective of its construction or execution is ' a great Welsh try!'
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:34 am I still remember the Scotland? player torpedoing over a ruck and smashing the Oz SH in the head. Luke Pearce only gave him yellow because he hit him with "the soft part of his arm" (bicep). If you didn’t laugh you would cry!
I think it was Gilchrist who finally achieved the Red against France...

The present rules re contact are just a massive catch all & have no nuance, it's at the disciplinary stage a lot of this could be sorted, plus the 20min Red card.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

MCC1964 wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:20 am Probyn’s headline in the sad little rag that is The Rugby Paper:

Shane Williams headline (re Wales obvs): ‘Standing tall as we finish on a high’.

And so it begins….
Yesterday was a top performance IMO, and proof that this group of players can still compete with the best. Last week's humbling by France was perhaps a bit of a wake up call to some of the "stars" in the England camp who displayed far more urgency and energy this week, and I'm genuinely optimistic going into the world cup - not that I think we'll win it, but that we'll show up well and be in the conversation towards the latter stages.

I've no doubt Borthwick is a very good coach, and I don't think we'd be any better off with Farrell.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:58 am
Scott1 wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:34 am I still remember the Scotland? player torpedoing over a ruck and smashing the Oz SH in the head. Luke Pearce only gave him yellow because he hit him with "the soft part of his arm" (bicep). If you didn’t laugh you would cry!

The present rules re contact are just a massive catch all & have no nuance, it's at the disciplinary stage a lot of this could be sorted, plus the 20min Red card.
Different game mate,the one I mentioned was in the AI
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Tiglon wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:02 pm
MCC1964 wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:20 am Probyn’s headline in the sad little rag that is The Rugby Paper:

And so it begins….
Yesterday was a top performance IMO, and proof that this group of players can still compete with the best. Last week's humbling by France was perhaps a bit of a wake up call to some of the "stars" in the England camp who displayed far more urgency and energy this week, and I'm genuinely optimistic going into the world cup - not that I think we'll win it, but that we'll show up well and be in the conversation towards the latter stages.

I've no doubt Borthwick is a very good coach, and I don't think we'd be any better off with Farrell.
Top performance? Really? Looked like we were hanging on for dear life at times. Ireland were nervous and didn't perform anywhere near their best and only settled down after the red card. I did say the floodgates would've opened at some stage and definitely after our bench was emptied. The likes of Mako and Cole are now miles away from this level sadly. A response? Yes. Top performance? Not for me
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:10 pm

Lost in translation.......I think it was Gilchrist v Australia
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:54 pm
Scott1 wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:10 pm

Lost in translation.......I think it was Gilchrist v Australia
Sorry,my bad.
Offside
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Offside »

This is the same Farrell some Irish fans wanted as king a few years ago. Need time and timing. International coaches rarely get to dictate either with the amount of media speculation. If anyone studies Tigers they could have predicted this. First 3 months of this season suggested last was good coaching and good fortune. You only have control of one of those. Ireland now have a very good structure to bring cohesion, if you are a Leinster supporter. Time will tell. Roll on The WC.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:18 am Looks like even SA media have turned on Peyper.
got a link?
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:37 pm
Scott1 wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:18 am Looks like even SA media have turned on Peyper.
got a link?
https://www.thesouthafrican.com/sport/r ... arch-2023/

Tbf I only read the headline ,just rehashing what others have said
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

Never seen Peyper have a good game, especially when officiating England. Should be nowhere near an international match.
I'm not cynical just experienced
Tigers86asw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigers86asw »

Don’t like Fissler at all but he is spot on here. As far as I can tell almost all of these were ignored yesterday.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

You know when something is wrong when even the ref haters haters hate the decision :smt005