Tigers v Saracens (H) - Sunday 19th February 2023 - KO 3-00pm

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Lutontiger

Re: Tigers v Saracens (H) - Sunday 19th February 2023 - KO 3-00pm

Post by Lutontiger »

He wasn’t the only hero out there yesterday! We have a team to be proud of.
ancientmariner

Post by ancientmariner »

Saracens fans' forum is interesting reading - pretty fair too.
Ancient Mariner
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

Agree about West - very solid performance- and that’s what I first and foremost want from a prop
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

ancientmariner wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 4:36 pm Saracens fans' forum is interesting reading - pretty fair too.
I'm not gonna try and find. What are they saying?
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

mightymouse wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 5:35 pm Agree about West - very solid performance- and that’s what I first and foremost want from a prop
Agreed West had a good game, but we could really do with Cronin back asap, he can scrum and is very good in the loose.

I've also been impressed with Heyes scrummaging in recent weeks, but he definitely needs to work on his contribution in the loose, which is not the best. I just feel he could do better.......so much potential there.
Soggypitch
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

Soggypitch wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:19 pm
mightymouse wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 5:35 pm Agree about West - very solid performance- and that’s what I first and foremost want from a prop
Agreed West had a good game, but we could really do with Cronin back asap, he can scrum and is very good in the loose.

I've also been impressed with Heyes scrummaging in recent weeks, but he definitely needs to work on his contribution in the loose, which is not the best. I just feel he could do better.......so much potential there.
Heyes was top of the tackle stats made 19 tackles.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

drc_007 wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:51 pm
Soggypitch wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:19 pm

Heyes was top of the tackle stats made 19 tackles.
Heyes is following in the Cole mold of getting the job done without doing anything flashy. He did a good job up against Mawi who I think is Fiji's loosehead of choice.
KiwiTig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KiwiTig »

100% but also has a future ahead of him and I believe will exceed Cole’s great legacy the more he gets the opportunity
Last edited by KiwiTig on Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KiwiTig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KiwiTig »

That said Heyes did destroy Clermont last time out at the scrum and in the loose and somehow managed to make 19 tackles v Sarries which is an incredible feat if we are falsely led to think he doesn’t get around enough ! He must have some kind of magnetic personality that magically draws his opponent to him ! Everyone must do their job and do it better than their opposite to succeed ! I was also impressed with West too, did a great job ..Martin equally as immense with 18 tackles ..Weise and Montoya had a couple of magic moments that excelled above all else and the old guard collectively defied all the odds and all the odd comments of defeatism with sheer class ! One of the best games I’ve watched in a very long time ! Great team effort one and all
No6_Flanker
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by No6_Flanker »

sam16111986 wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 8:31 pm Heyes is following in the Cole mold of getting the job done without doing anything flashy. He did a good job up against Mawi who I think is Fiji's loosehead of choice.
He’s learnt from the Ospreys game. I smiled when he won that scrum penalty against Mawi, very shrewd. He’s still young and if he becomes the next Cole, we’re in good shape.
Cheering on the Tigers in Detroit.
Previously a slower, shorter, less good looking version of Tom Croft.
No6_Flanker
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by No6_Flanker »

Lutontiger wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:54 am Very well done too, to post-match interviewees Will Hurd, Matt Scott and George Martin for responding so well to our consistently bad interviewer who can’t help asking leading questions which are hard to answer other than to agree. I’d love a player to just answer ‘yes’ and walk away, but they’re too polite. She needs to give our players more space to form their own answers, not just agree with her opinions.
Agreed. Shame that Bondi only did one of the interviews. @Club can the interviewer learn the difference between an Open and a Closed question?
Cheering on the Tigers in Detroit.
Previously a slower, shorter, less good looking version of Tom Croft.
Bptiger25

Post by Bptiger25 »

I thought watching the game that the ref, like they do with all the Sarriess game , let them back into the game. I counted at least 3-4 forward passes that he was well in line to see yet he played on. They seem to get the rub of the green every week and it’s about time someone called them out on this .
Saying that , what a great defensive effort from the boys , man of the match a 37 year bloke who hasn’t played for nearly a year, he was fantastic.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

My only real disappointment was that Wiese didn't make 12 inches more to score himself. He was back to his rampaging best
Hehehehehehehehe
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

Bptiger25 wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:41 am I thought watching the game that the ref, like they do with all the Sarriess game , let them back into the game. I counted at least 3-4 forward passes that he was well in line to see yet he played on. They seem to get the rub of the green every week and it’s about time someone called them out on this .
It’s ironic that the penalty for dissent came from a demand that the ref “levelled up” his decisions!
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
Bobmac
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Bobmac »

Bptiger25 wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:41 am I thought watching the game that the ref, like they do with all the Sarriess game , let them back into the game. I counted at least 3-4 forward passes that he was well in line to see yet he played on. They seem to get the rub of the green every week and it’s about time someone called them out on this .
Saying that , what a great defensive effort from the boys , man of the match a 37 year bloke who hasn’t played for nearly a year, he was fantastic.
Also missed along with TMO 2 neck rolls on reffell.