Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Re: Edinburgh match.

Post by sam16111986 »

Old Hob wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:17 pm
Tigers86asw wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:12 pm
Tigers rotating up front seems sensible. Where the battle will be won as always.

Great to have Kelly back.
Agree about Kelly; their front row is monstrous
Both starting and on the bench, a lot of quality in their front row resources (as there is ours) going to be quite the battle. Need to get on sir's good side early.
DeadlyDunc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DeadlyDunc »

Tykger wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:39 pm Raynal on the whistle.
May as well toss a coin and see who wins now then
Tykger

Post by Tykger »

DeadlyDunc wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:59 pm
Tykger wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:39 pm Raynal on the whistle.
May as well toss a coin and see who wins now then
:smt040
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Rugbygramps wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:20 pm
Old Hob wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:17 pm
Tigers86asw wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:12 pm
Tigers rotating up front seems sensible. Where the battle will be won as always.

Great to have Kelly back.
Agree about Kelly; their front row is monstrous
Old Hob there is a tendency for front rows used to playing on artificial surfaces to scrummage higher due to them finding it easier to keep their feet. Do you think this is the case with Edinburgh
Nel etc have just been playing 6N, on grass. I think they're adaptable; however, I still favour Tigers. I think we may be fitter.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

They do have a rather useful (Scottish ;) ) winger. Let's make sure he does not get the ball.

For me, we really should win this well, given the team we have put out.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Pellsey wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:37 pm They do have a rather useful (Scottish ;) ) winger. Let's make sure he does not get the ball.

It’s fine Julian will talk to him in Africanse
biffer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by biffer »

Two strong teams, hopefully will be a cracker.

This is the first time Edinburgh have had a full strength team out probably since the Heineken Cup games in January. The second tier players have not been delivering in the mean time hence the URC position.

I've no idea what to expect from Edinburgh tomorrow, our defense has been pretty poor recently but we can cut people apart out of nowhere as well.

Bottom line, looking forward to the trip down, should be a fun couple of days. So long as I don't drink too much on the train on the way down....
biffer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by biffer »

Pellsey wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:37 pm They do have a rather useful (Scottish ;) ) winger. Let's make sure he does not get the ball.

We have another very useful Scottish winger. D'Arcy Graham missed the six nations with injury but is one of the most exciting players in the team.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Rugbygramps wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:46 pm

It’s fine Julian will talk to him in Africanse
:smt044 You got that in before I did :smt023
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Will be at Welford Road but hope this isn’t another Leinster of last season! Kelly back too soon and key players get injured. Hope we win BUT would rather we have a full strength squad for the Premiership.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Ian Cant wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:13 pm Will be at Welford Road but hope this isn’t another Leinster of last season! Kelly back too soon and key players get injured. Hope we win BUT would rather we have a full strength squad for the Premiership.
It’s a fine balancing act maintain momentum and pick a strong side or increase the risk of losing by rotating.
Win tomorrow I think we will see some rotation for the next round. Loose tonight we have a week off before taking a real blast at retaining the premiership title.
Either way a decent performance is key.
AViewFromLe2

Post by AViewFromLe2 »

Rugbygramps wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:33 pm
Ian Cant wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:13 pm Will be at Welford Road but hope this isn’t another Leinster of last season! Kelly back too soon and key players get injured. Hope we win BUT would rather we have a full strength squad for the Premiership.
It’s a fine balancing act maintain momentum and pick a strong side or increase the risk of losing by rotating.
Win tomorrow I think we will see some rotation for the next round. Loose tonight we have a week off before taking a real blast at retaining the premiership title.
If we win, we will not be rotating, nor should we be rotating. We would either be at Leinster in Dublin - that would be suicide to not go full bore, and could cause us further issues by disrupting momentum - or we would have Ulster at home. That is an ideal chance to have a pop at a European Cup Semi-Final.

We all want to retain the Prem, but we're Leicester Tigers, we want to be in the biggest of games, against the best opponents and testing ourselves. And that starts with tomorrow night - that's a proper scrap on its own. 20 Internationals apparently in their side. It's a good test for our young lads to see where they're at.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

AViewFromLe2 wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:56 pm
If we win, we will not be rotating, nor should we be rotating. We would either be at Leinster in Dublin - that would be suicide to not go full bore, and could cause us further issues by disrupting momentum - or we would have Ulster at home. That is an ideal chance to have a pop at a European Cup Semi-Final.

We all want to retain the Prem, but we're Leicester Tigers, we want to be in the biggest of games, against the best opponents and testing ourselves. And that starts with tomorrow night - that's a proper scrap on its own. 20 Internationals apparently in their side. It's a good test for our young lads to see where they're at.
Agree to disagree, there has to be some priorities, a lot for me if we win, depends on the result of the all Irish game. Go to Leinster we have to be realistic, Ulster coming here a hard game but a different prospect.
AViewFromLe2

Post by AViewFromLe2 »

Rugbygramps wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:02 pm

Agree to disagree, there has to be some priorities, a lot for me if we win, depends on the result of the all Irish game. Go to Leinster we have to be realistic, Ulster coming here a hard game but a different prospect.
If we went to Leinster with a rotated team, we should forget ever trying to claim we're an Elite Club ever again. Elite Clubs don't throw a European QF because it's too hard.

We're a young group, with lots of talented boys. We need them playing as many big games as possible to learn, develop and drive that hunger for more of them.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

AViewFromLe2 wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:08 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:02 pm

If we went to Leinster with a rotated team, we should forget ever trying to claim we're an Elite Club ever again. Elite Clubs don't throw a European QF because it's too hard.

We're a young group, with lots of talented boys. We need them playing as many big games as possible to learn, develop and drive that hunger for more of them.
Slightly ridiculous statement but there you go. We loose any chance of winning the premiership due to injuries picked up by Montoya, Wiese, Pollard because we didn’t rotate then who’s wrong then. We have rotated in Europe before at big teams and won, and nobody claimed we were trying to throw games then. I would hope as Tigers we look to win every game no matter who’s wearing the shirt