Other fixtures - 20th to 22nd January 2023

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Other fixtures - 20th to 22nd January 2023

Post by Darc Tiger »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 7:47 pm Stormers beat Clermont with a TBP. That means home QF not possible for us. 3rd 4th or 5th is where we'll finish in the group.
Toulouse play Munster, so its only 3rd or 4th. Probably 4th.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 7:47 pm Stormers beat Clermont with a TBP. That means home QF not possible for us. 3rd 4th or 5th is where we'll finish in the group.
Blew it badly! Cherry is if somehow we were to win an away QF it's a home semi. One step at a time though,its not a guarantee we even win the home R16 game the way we are playing!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

We are basically playing Sarries, Edinburgh or quins next round

Hoping Edinburgh
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Darc Tiger wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:10 pm
Toulouse play Munster, so its only 3rd or 4th. Probably 4th.
There is one combination of points where both go above us

Munster win by more than 17 but less than 27, both with a TBP (highly unlikely)
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

I wouldn't even back us to beat Edinburgh!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 8:25 am I wouldn't even back us to beat Edinburgh!
Really don't get your pessimism... We're yet to have a real full beans selection this season with injuries etc.

Like by the time it comes around we could possibly be putting out an entire team of internationals (though plenty of arguments to say Liebenberg & Potter may well be better placed in the starting XV
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 8:42 am
Scott1 wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 8:25 am I wouldn't even back us to beat Edinburgh!
Really don't get your pessimism... We're yet to have a real full beans selection this season with injuries etc.

Like by the time it comes around we could possibly be putting out an entire team of internationals (though plenty of arguments to say Liebenberg & Potter may well be better placed in the starting XV
And if it is Leinster away in the QF I’d rather not go through anyway. That will be absolute destruction and that’s what you get when you blow it against Ospreys at home!
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 8:54 am

And if it is Leinster away in the QF I’d rather not go through anyway. That will be absolute destruction and that’s what you get when you blow it against Ospreys at home!
Why bother playing any games just give Leinster the champions cup, Saracens the prem... may as well give France the 6N & WC. No chance of upsets or good performances
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:23 am

Why bother playing any games just give Leinster the champions cup, Saracens the prem... may as well give France the 6N & WC. No chance of upsets or good performances
Not the way we are playing no. If you count the PRC I believe we have lost more games this season than we’ve won! If you was oblivious to last season you would say there’s no chance this side are Champions of England.
wigworth
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wigworth »

Unfortunately it seems to be a quite prevalent attitude that teams should just roll over for Leinster.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

wigworth wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:41 am
Unfortunately it seems to be a quite prevalent attitude that teams should just roll over for Leinster.
Not saying anyone should roll over,The Stormers etc didn’t! Just saying that on recent form unless we get a 1000% better we will take an absolute beating,especially at their place.
wigworth
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wigworth »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:43 am
wigworth wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:41 am

Not saying anyone should roll over,The Stormers etc didn’t! Just saying that on recent form unless we get a 1000% better we will take an absolute beating,especially at their place.
That wasn't aimed at you in specific it also encompassed Gloucester's recent actions and attitude to playing them.
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Would have preferred to avoid Leinster but it is what it is.
A2O
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:36 am
Not the way we are playing no. If you count the PRC I believe we have lost more games this season than we’ve won! If you was oblivious to last season you would say there’s no chance this side are Champions of England.
Many of those have been narrowly whilst we've had lots of injuries and absences.

We're a couple of percent off it which has a big impact. We have over 2 months till the knockouts. Form changes so lets not get ahead of ourselves and focus on the next challenge in front.

Just a couple of weeks ago you were saying the league is over and doomed and we need to focus on the Champions Cup. In that time we became the first team to have put 40 points on Clermont, narrowly lose to essentially an international side while we have plenty of star players out.

Now we're doomed in the Cup. What do you want us to do roll over and give up for the rest of the season, or trust that our coaches can get that performance level out of our talented squad.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

ay2oh wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:55 am Would have preferred to avoid Leinster but it is what it is.
We may have yet depending on the Munster Toulouse result.