Tigers v Saints (H) - Saturday 28th January 2023 - KO 14:00

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Saints (H) - Saturday 28th January 2023 - KO 14:00

Post by Scott1 »

The problem is that in the link I put up it looks a lot more than just holding on to the leg to me. And I don’t think we can use Weise recent spotless disciplinary record can we? I mentioned that PSDT had never had an international yellow on here yet he was condemned as doing a flying headbut into Dante’s face so.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

The more I see this clip the less I see in it .. he goes in low as he has been told to do on his “lower your tackle height” reeducation course and hangs on for dear life because bloke refuses to go down. As for twisting.. I really cannot see that as any deliberate act to seriously damage Waller and in no way can it be compared to the Clarke incident.
I really do fear for where rugby is going these days .. we’ll be zooming into mauls next and castigating players for bending opponents finger back in an attempt to get them to release the ball. I seriously think that a lot of people who watch the game on TV and slow it down to analyse every incident can never have played the game and have too much time on their hands!
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

RagingBull wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:09 pm Not sure how he can get banned.
Unless i'm mistaken since he didn't injure Waller in any way, then you would have to look at what it the cold hard facts, which is he grabbed his leg whilst on the floor.

I'm not sure outside the court of public opinion how any can say that he intended or didn't intend to "break Waller's leg", I mean the fact saints fans are comparing it too Clark does strike me as more let's say projection I guess.
I completely agree with this 100%.

If there were a ban, I think it would be unfair for it to be "long," as there is IMHO no way to prove intent here.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Citings are only made when it should have been a red card. Do not think it is anywhere near to that requirement.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

I think one issue here are the inconsistancies for citings in the game. This really could go anywhere!
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

If that gets cited, rugby has gone mad. If it was deemed to be foul play, it would probably have only been a yellow card at worst. Barnes and the TMO checked it and deemed nothing in it,
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

Tigerbeat wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:08 am If that gets cited, rugby has gone mad. If it was deemed to be foul play, it would probably have only been a yellow card at worst. Barnes and the TMO checked it and deemed nothing in it,
I agree, but I think that line has already been crossed quite often.
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

I honestly don't see anything the Wiese thing, He's literally just holding onto Wallers ankle. How else to you try to get someone to ground without pulling it a bit. He's just trying to get him off balance so he goes down.

Absolutely nothing like the Clarke incident, he was laid on top of Hawkins and levered his arm up from underneath him! Clarke also had previous for head butting, punching and generally being a thug, where as Wiese is generally just a hard tackler who got it wrong a few time but now seems to have sorted that out.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

ads wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:43 am I honestly don't see anything the Wiese thing, He's literally just holding onto Wallers ankle. How else to you try to get someone to ground without pulling it a bit. He's just trying to get him off balance so he goes down.

Absolutely nothing like the Clarke incident, he was laid on top of Hawkins and levered his arm up from underneath him! Clarke also had previous for head butting, punching and generally being a thug, where as Wiese is generally just a hard tackler who got it wrong a few time but now seems to have sorted that out.
I cannot see anything to cite about, so I am not worried - the red card issue just does not arise for me - IMHO it was not even a yellow. You hang on to a player you are tackling whilst until the tacked player's knee hit the ground and what goes on above you is not your fault or issue.
Hehehehehehehehe
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Not saying that's what's happened but let me put one of you in a knee bar or ankle lock and see if you've got no issue with it :smt003
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GB72 »

Anyone else listen to the match on Radio Leicester at the weekend.

I honestly thought our commentator was going to turn round and lamp someone in the Northampton press team. Never heard anything like it.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

BengalTiger wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:07 am Seriously, there are some posters with a twisted view of the game, if you let the leg go the tackled player is free to carry on, how many times do we hear "not held" from the ref, so you hold on and wait for support to put the player to ground.
This was one of my first thoughts on seeing it. Seen lots of players recently shaking off tackles even when going to ground and being allowed to gain more metres.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

GB72 wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:28 am Anyone else listen to the match on Radio Leicester at the weekend.

I honestly thought our commentator was going to turn round and lamp someone in the Northampton press team. Never heard anything like it.
No, tell us more...
GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GB72 »

ourla wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:44 am
GB72 wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:28 am Anyone else listen to the match on Radio Leicester at the weekend.

No, tell us more...
Apparently their behaviour in the press box was atrocious and totally out of order. Think it was Adam Whitty commentating was mentioning it every few minues and was clearly furious. This went on throughout the whole match and he made further comments at the end about how disgusted he was at their behaviour. He was clearly fuming about it.

Sadly not the only report I am seeing about poor behaviour from Northamption and their representatives. This is not me being a sad loser, just hearing of behaviour I would not expect in rugby.
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

If Steve Johnson was still in the press box they would have behaved themselves.