Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

SthrnTiger

Re: Tigers v Ospreys (H) - Friday 20th January 2023 - KO 20:00

Post by SthrnTiger »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:28 pm
SthrnTiger wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:23 pm
Scott1 wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:09 pm

It means we will be away in the QF if we win in the next round. Home SF though if we were to win that. Beaten Ospreys and it would've been a home QF and an away SF.
You sure? We’re likely to come 4th and would have likely come 3rd if we had won. Surely need to be top 2 to get home QF.
Yes,maybe that's the case with 1st and 2nd then. Either way it doesn't excuse the loss (not saying that's your angle btw)
Yep agree. Just had a look and assuming we come 4th and get a home round of 16 and mange to win that - the quarter final would be away at Leinster…
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

wigworth wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:14 pm
Scott1 wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:29 pm
wigworth wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:25 pm

They can be beaten, although most likely not by us. Their scrum is extremely suspect so it wouldn't surprise me if a SA team was able to knock them off if they play super physical, the other aspect will be how healthy Ireland stay in the 6 nations if they pick up a few injuries the task becomes less daunting.
That was their second choice front row v Gloc last week if you are referencing that game,or certainly not their best 3 combination
Lol that wasn't their second choice front row, Porter, Sheehan and Alaalatoa are all their current first choice players, only Furlong would be ahead of Alaalatoa if fit. Unless they are hiding some real unknown gems I fail to see how 2/3 of the Ireland front row wouldn't be considered their first choice.
Sorry, my bad. I thought it was Kelleher,Furlong and Porter. Either way Leinster provide 2/3 of Irelands front row and that never struggles so it was obviously just a bad day at scrum time. Congratulations on your online win 🏆 :smt005
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

We really should have been out of site so it is only our own fault, but awarding that final try by saying you can see it over the line is an utter disgrace, our disallowed try should have stood (even though it clearly wasn't) because the ref said I saw it grounded (He really needs to go to Specsavers)
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

Chobbsy wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:50 am We really should have been out of site so it is only our own fault, but awarding that final try by saying you can see it over the line is an utter disgrace, our disallowed try should have stood (even though it clearly wasn't) because the ref said I saw it grounded (He really needs to go to Specsavers)
He also missed at least one penalty infringement by the Osprey's tight head in the series of scrums they had near our line in the closing minutes. However 3 things killed us before that:

Poor line out while Clare was on
Inability to make the most of our attacking chances
The poor pass that led to their breakaway try

Cut those out and we would have been comfortably ahead by the last ten minutes.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

voice of the crumbie wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:11 pm He also missed at least one penalty infringement by the Osprey's tight head in the series of scrums they had near our line in the closing minutes. However 3 things killed us before that:

100%.

We just looked bereft of ideas in their 22 for the most part bar the tries - which led directly to their breakaway try. How many times was a grubber charged down too? A least 3 or 4.
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

voice of the crumbie wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:11 pm
Chobbsy wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:50 am We really should have been out of site so it is only our own fault, but awarding that final try by saying you can see it over the line is an utter disgrace, our disallowed try should have stood (even though it clearly wasn't) because the ref said I saw it grounded (He really needs to go to Specsavers)
He also missed at least one penalty infringement by the Osprey's tight head in the series of scrums they had near our line in the closing minutes. However 3 things killed us before that:

True. We definitely could have won the game had it not been for our mistakes etc.

Sir also wrongly did not deem the ball to be held up over the line. I think this was over the 80 mins, so that would have won us the game.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Pellsey wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:28 pm

True. We definitely could have won the game had it not been for our mistakes etc.

Sir also wrongly did not deem the ball to be held up over the line. I think this was over the 80 mins, so that would have won us the game.
If I remember correctly it was about 78min so play would have restarted
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:40 pm
Pellsey wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:28 pm

If I remember correctly it was about 78min so play would have restarted
No the clock was well in the red when it was held up
God created rugby so footballers have heros too