Tigers v Ospreys (H) - Friday 20th January 2023 - KO 20:00

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tigerbeat

Tigers v Ospreys (H) - Friday 20th January 2023 - KO 20:00

Post by Tigerbeat »

Already qualified for the knockout stages, a win would more or less guarantee a home tie.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
northerntiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Tigers v Ospreys (H) - Friday 20th January 2023 - KO 20:00

Post by northerntiger »

If a win wouldn’t guarantee a home tie there’s something really wrong with this competition
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Keep the guys we may lose to England playing, little rotation in the rest. Maybe rest Kelly from starting

Steward
Potter
Scott
Pollard
Simmons
Atkinson
Van Poortvliet
Whitcombe
Taufete'e
Cole
Chessum
Henderson
Cracknell
Ilione
Jansen

Clare
Leatigaga
Heyes
Wells
Liebenberg
Youngs
Gopperth
Saumaki
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Guaranteeing ourselves home games in this competition would be beneficial financially and for our chances at progressing.

Whitcombe, Taufete'e, Hurd
Wells, Henderson
Chessum, Cracknell, Ilione
JVP, Pollard
Scott, Cokanasiga
Simmonds, Steward, Potter

Clare, Leatigaga, Heyes, Jansen, Reffell, Woolstenholme, Atkinson, Kelly

Clare has been an absolute Trojan for us but could do with a little rest. Hurd we'll need during the 6N period and did well Vs Ospreys last time so give him some minutes. Should be enough rotation to get guys rest or minutes as needed but at the same time be good enough to see off the Ospreys who are a good team.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

I would guess Gatland might like to see Reffell v Tipric & Morgan & tbh so would I, but there is also the potential to see how Illione does against them.
Heyes deserves a chance to right the wrongs from the Liberty & Clare should get some sort of award for his endeavours this season.
Be nice to get Kini on the pitch in some form, if the team are going to play with a little more freedom, he could be a real asset during the 6N.
Pollard fingers crossed will finally make his home debut.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:14 am I would guess Gatland might like to see Reffell v Tipric & Morgan & tbh so would I, but there is also the potential to see how Illione does against them.
Heyes deserves a chance to right the wrongs from the Liberty & Clare should get some sort of award for his endeavours this season.
Be nice to get Kini on the pitch in some form, if the team are going to play with a little more freedom, he could be a real asset during the 6N.
Gatland can go suck a lemon. Reffell is due a break as well definitely need him the week after when the 6N players are away. Ilione needs the exposure to senior rugby and we can use Reffell off the bench if we need the impact.

Kini was on the sideline celebrating every score along with Cokanasiga last night so hopefully he's not far away. Kini didn't look like a travelling reserve whereas Cokanasiga did so unsure how far off he is. Adding a flying Fijian to the 23 is never a bad thing.

Agree on Clare, body on the line stuff from him week after week often for nearly 80 mins when Montoya isn't available.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Difficult quandary. Obviously want to try and aim for top 2 in our group as I think that would give us a home quarter. Play the England lads if fit but there is also an argument for starting to get people playing within the team to be used during the 6 nations .
Also need to look at getting Wolstenholme some game time ahead of Saints if we do loose Youngs and JVP.

Whatever I’m sure Wigglesworth will look forward to having some time to develop the team without the away travel issues and certainly not having to spend nights in hotels as they will have had to with Falcons and Clermont
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

sam16111986 wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:14 am
Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:14 am I would guess Gatland might like to see Reffell v Tipric & Morgan & tbh so would I, but there is also the potential to see how Illione does against them.
Gatland can go suck a lemon. Reffell is due a break as well definitely need him the week after when the 6N players are away. Ilione needs the exposure to senior rugby and we can use Reffell off the bench if we need the impact.

Kini was on the sideline celebrating every score along with Cokanasiga last night so hopefully he's not far away. Kini didn't look like a travelling reserve whereas Cokanasiga did so unsure how far off he is. Adding a flying Fijian to the 23 is never a bad thing.

Agree on Clare, body on the line stuff from him week after week often for nearly 80 mins when Montoya isn't available.
Just my opinion of course but I don’t get the rush to include Murimurivalu in the squad, he simply hasn’t been good enough in any outing over the last 12 months, and if I was Simmons I would not be happy to be replaced by him
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:24 am

Just my opinion of course but I don’t get the rush to include Murimurivalu in the squad, he simply hasn’t been good enough in any outing over the last 12 months, and if I was Simmons I would not be happy to be replaced by him
That's why I said 23 as Kini would be in the 23 shirt if I was selecting. Simmons deserves another game after that display. Made some big hits, chased everything really hard and showed some nice footwork. Just needs to get involved more in attack and look for work.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

With England coming up though some players could do with game time.

Who knows it’s unlikely but Scott could well get a Scotland call up…
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

sam16111986 wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:30 am
Rugbygramps wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:24 am

That's why I said 23 as Kini would be in the 23 shirt if I was selecting. Simmons deserves another game after that display. Made some big hits, chased everything really hard and showed some nice footwork. Just needs to get involved more in attack and look for work.
But still in the 23, I understand he has been injured but where are the performances to justify his inclusion recently. As I say just my opinion but if suitable replacements can be found I can see no argument for retaining both him and Saumaki
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Ladygaga
Montoya
Cole
Henderson
Chessum
Cracknell
The Berg
Weise
Youngs
Atkinson
Simmons
Pollard
Scott
Potter
Steward

Whitcombe,Clare,Heyes,Wells,Jansen,JVP,Porter,Watson
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:35 am Ladygaga
Montoya
Cole
Henderson
Chessum
Cracknell
The Berg
Weise
Youngs
Atkinson
Simmons
Pollard
Scott
Potter
Steward

Whitcombe,Clare,Heyes,Wells,Jansen,JVP,Porter,Watson
How's that for a curveball?!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

I agree with most of what has been said but we must not take our foot off the pedal and finish up with an away fixture - I would go full bore with all the players we are going to lose during the 6N selected to start if fit and if possible rest those who are going to be essential during it as long as it doesn't lower the standard of the team put out. IWWWT!
Hehehehehehehehe
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Not that it should affect our selection but if Ospreys loose to Montpellier this weekend I can see Gatland getting them to rest a few of their internationals