U20's 6 Nations

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Re: U20's 6 Nations

Post by kpj tiger »

England U20's might take the award for the most frustrating team to watch. They could have been winning the Championship and they're going to finish 4th behind a pretty mediocre South African side
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Spurned so many possessions and chances...

There's players right through that team, but they've never looked properly cohesive and settled as a group.
Qbec
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Qbec »

Kpj they have performed that way all the way through the championship.
Tigers The Home Of World Class Rugby

11th Premiership Rugby Champions 2022
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Lack of a decent 10 has really hampered them some of Slevins kicking from hand was woeful.
TBF I think they did use this game to give all of the players some game time so wasn’t Englands strongest team.

Bit controversial but jury still out on CCS when he comes against lads as powerful as him, which the Boks lads were, he was getting bounced. We may never have been looking at him but personally I’m glad he’s gone to Quins
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

We have added Rogerson and Hatherall to our back row and also have Illione waiting in the wings so don’t really need anyone else
A2O
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

France do to Ireland what they did to England.

Very competitive for 40 minutes, then France just blowing the opposition away.
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

Our lads were good but theirs were exceptional. They’re the u20s team that I remember seeing.
sk 88
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sk 88 »

kpj tiger wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 5:21 pm England U20's might take the award for the most frustrating team to watch. They could have been winning the Championship and they're going to finish 4th behind a pretty mediocre South African side
Yeah it's not a great U-20s team, but it might end up with a lot of very good players out of it. Just at the moment they are all flawed really and the ones that aren't up to it are quite poor, so as a team they aren't there. It seems more than usual are a year young too, for instance I think both props & Carnduff are eligible next year, which is half the tight five.
Goooooodeeeeeyyyyy!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

sk 88 wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 9:56 am
kpj tiger wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 5:21 pm England U20's might take the award for the most frustrating team to watch. They could have been winning the Championship and they're going to finish 4th behind a pretty mediocre South African side
Yeah it's not a great U-20s team, but it might end up with a lot of very good players out of it. Just at the moment they are all flawed really and the ones that aren't up to it are quite poor, so as a team they aren't there. It seems more than usual are a year young too, for instance I think both props & Carnduff are eligible next year, which is half the tight five.
Woodward also potentially available who I felt was the stand out back by some distance
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

This is under 20's some players peak, others continue to develop. Last week's rugby paper reports that in 2016 England won the competition yet only Malins and Marchant went on to establish themselves in the Premiership, France finished 9th yet several of their team became full.internationals and others are having successful rugby careers.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

johnthegriff wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 10:24 am This is under 20's some players peak, others continue to develop. Last week's rugby paper reports that in 2016 England won the competition yet only Malins and Marchant went on to establish themselves in the Premiership, France finished 9th yet several of their team became full.internationals and others are having successful rugby careers.
That was the tournament that Will Evans won for England.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

Good point about Will Evans, the article didn't mention him and I forgot. A great player who, were it not for illness and injury would undoubtedly have been capped by England.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

johnthegriff wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 11:38 am Good point about Will Evans, the article didn't mention him and I forgot. A great player who, were it not for illness and injury would undoubtedly have been capped by England.
The best out & out English 7 at present...when fit, I was disappointed when he left Tigers but at present its turned out OK for us.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
sk 88
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sk 88 »

johnthegriff wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 10:24 am This is under 20's some players peak, others continue to develop. Last week's rugby paper reports that in 2016 England won the competition yet only Malins and Marchant went on to establish themselves in the Premiership, France finished 9th yet several of their team became full.internationals and others are having successful rugby careers.
Well that's just false of the Rugby Paper to report.

Jack Willis was in that team, as was Will Stuart so there are two more regular internationals. Team also included Jack Singleton & harry Randall as internationals, Tom West, Callum Chick, Ollie Thorley, Matt Gallagher, Lewis Boyce, George Nott & Will Evans for regular Premiership players.

Harry Mallinder not finding an adult position & wasting two years literally not playing at all in Japan is the big bust from that team, but it had quite a few players who went on to play regularly.
Goooooodeeeeeyyyyy!
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Completely forgot about Harry Mallinder. As you say never really found his position, I think he was a 15, then got caught up with his dad’s departure from saints and was never really seen again.
As SK88 says been playing for the Black Rams. At 27 could be worth a low cost punt for someone