Box kick

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

milesanderson
Tiger Cub

Box kick

Post by milesanderson »

Unless I’m completely simple I don’t see the purpose of a box kick unless it goes high enough for the kickers team to be able to get to the ball at the same time as the opposition. Prime guilty party is our own Ben Young’s who is employing it more and more.All it does is give the ball to the opposition and there is little to be gained. Scrum halves must start to employ other methods dealing with balls from a ruck rather than the interminable kicks. Perhaps some excercises in the imagination a la DuPont yes?
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Re: Box kick

Post by sapajo »

milesanderson wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:02 pm Unless I’m completely simple I don’t see the purpose of a box kick unless it goes high enough for the kickers team to be able to get to the ball at the same time as the opposition. Prime guilty party is our own Ben Young’s who is employing it more and more.All it does is give the ball to the opposition and there is little to be gained. Scrum halves must start to employ other methods dealing with balls from a ruck rather than the interminable kicks. Perhaps some excercises in the imagination a la DuPont yes?
That's because Ben Youngs kicking game is unfit for purpose.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity