Tigers v Sale (A) - Friday 30th December 2022 - KO:19:45

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Tigers v Sale (A) - Friday 30th December 2022 - KO:19:45

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Right normally leave one of these threads a day or so, but given what day it is tommorow I'll put this here

15 Steward
14 Watson
13 Porter
12 Kelly
11 Potter
10 Pollard
9 Van Poortvliet
1 Cronin
2 Clare
3 Cole
4 Wells
5 Green
6 Chessum
7 Reffell
8 Wiese/Cracknell

16 Oghre
17 Whitcombe
18 Heyes
19 Henderson/Snyman
20 Cracknell/Liebenberg
21 Youngs
22 Atkinson
23 Scott

Go pretty loaded up there. I know Borthwick often rotated away fixtures, just think we could really do with another win if possible to really get the Wigglesworth era underway. Think we need to ensure that we don't run our skipper into the ground too which is why I'd shuffle Chessum to 6 for this one.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Sale (A) - Friday 30th December 2022 - KO:19:45

Post by Rugbygramps »

Bear in mind the next game is on falcons carpet so there maybe some that won’t be risked on there.

Do we know the status of Martins injury
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 8:57 am Bear in mind the next game is on falcons carpet so there maybe some that won’t be risked on there.

Do we know the status of Martins injury
Makes playing the likes of Pollard now not then for his first game more important
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

I'd be tempted to mix it up, using our internationals with some fringe players, agree resting the likes of Hanro and possibly Dan Cole and Harry Wells too. Problem with that is who exactly are our England players, will Borthwick plunder the side or will he use a lot of the current squad?
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

We surely have to go strong at Sale: we hardly ever do well there so journeys home haven’t been the happiest. Secondly the Premiership is the priority with Europe being a kind of free shot as Leinster and the top French Clubs are favourites.
Sale will be looking to bounce back so it makes the game trickier.
Then off to Newcastle where anything can happen. Two ugly wins please!!
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Ian Cant wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 6:04 pm We surely have to go strong at Sale: we hardly ever do well there so journeys home haven’t been the happiest. Secondly the Premiership is the priority with Europe being a kind of free shot as Leinster and the top French Clubs are favourites.
Sale will be looking to bounce back so it makes the game trickier.
Then off to Newcastle where anything can happen. Two ugly wins please!!
Also I think it's important to do our best to avoid clubs doing the double on us...
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Falcons away after Enya so we could go quite strong next weekend and then rest a couple Vs Falcons. Would only be a couple though as Falcons is a tricky place to go currently, just ask Sale.

Go mainly same again next weekend and then rotate the front row and maybe Liebenburg with Martin if he's fit again.

Pollard might be ok up at Sale but I would give him the Falcons plastic pitch game off.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

sam16111986 wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 9:03 pm Falcons away after Enya so we could go quite strong next weekend and then rest a couple Vs Falcons. Would only be a couple though as Falcons is a tricky place to go currently, just ask Sale.

Go mainly same again next weekend and then rotate the front row and maybe Liebenburg with Martin if he's fit again.

Pollard might be ok up at Sale but I would give him the Falcons plastic pitch game off.
Yes it would be stupid playing Pollard at Newcastle, as it was at Sarries!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Difficult fixture. Sale are likely going to be out of the top 2 following the Quins game tomorrow so will be looking to bounce back after Newcastle game.
Obviously targeting the win but any points will be a result IMO
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Just musing if the punditry on here will be any better at out guessing Wigglesworth than it was at doing the same to Borthwick?
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Robrugbycheshire

Post by Robrugbycheshire »

As a Cheshire residing Tigers fan, I was looking forward to less of a drive only 30mins rather than 90 to see the lads only to find they are charging £28 to stand behind the posts and £40+ to sit in the stands opposite the tryline. Now I know why they always have an empty stadium!!!
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

Those charges are not high when compared to other clubs at some you will.be paying in excess of £40 to stand, Rugby unfortunately dies not get the massive donation from TV that football does and consequently cannot charge as much for sponsorship as that sport. Our players are payed far less than soccer players but we still have to fund a wage bill.in excess of ten million for players, coaches, admin etc out of basically 15 matches a season.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Big Dai wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 12:03 pm Just musing if the punditry on here will be any better at out guessing Wigglesworth than it was at doing the same to Borthwick?
Part of the problem is our depth, look at Gloucester yesterday virtually all their fans agreed that's their strongest fit team.

On here you'll get into endless debates over Atkinson vs Burns, or if Green or Wells should start with Chessum... Maybe even questions over who starts in our full strength back row is when Martin & Wiese are both fit..
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 3:00 pm
Big Dai wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 12:03 pm Just musing if the punditry on here will be any better at out guessing Wigglesworth than it was at doing the same to Borthwick?
Part of the problem is our depth, look at Gloucester yesterday virtually all their fans agreed that's their strongest fit team.

On here you'll get into endless debates over Atkinson vs Burns, or if Green or Wells should start with Chessum... Maybe even questions over who starts in our full strength back row is when Martin & Wiese are both fit..
It's a far better place than we were in just a few short seasons ago! Better the debate over 'who should be in' than 'who's fit?'
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Robrugbycheshire
Hi there. I travel away to Tigers games and this season have paid anything from £28-£48 so Sale prices about right. Exeter I didn’t go to as I left it until a week before and the tickets in their stand were priced at £73!
Bath is always more expensive than most! I’ve paid £28 for Newcastle but £44 for Gloucester.
Sale usually get their best attendance v Tigers but I will warn you that getting away after the game can take a while! Enjoy the game and do expect Sale to really turn up.