wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Champions Cup - Round 1 Fixtures - 09-11th December 2022

Post by wormus »

Tykger wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:59 pm
wormus wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:57 pm
Tykger wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:51 pm

Bit like a mallard, looks like a duck, sounds like a duck and walks like a duck...it's still a duck
Ah good point BUT a duck doesn't travel at 126mph!!! Mallard did! :smt042
You have me Sir. Upon my sword I must fall. Adieu xx
Oh dear! that's a bit drastic Tykger, I do like a bit of mischief in my postings as life is too short.. I hope I caught you in time too. Wormus.
:smt027
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Old Hob wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 7:23 pm Geordan in the studio as a pundit.
He and Robshaw together was like watching paint dry.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Fantastic decision by Reynal. Shame about Tuilagi but really don’t know what else Warwick the Ulster player could do.
If anything the collision was caused by Tuilagi running into the contact so upright.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Brilliant performance from Sale. They're gonna be very tough when Fordy is fit.

Also, a comms team of Cotter, Best and Scarratt is A+
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Darc Tiger wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 2:56 pm Brilliant performance from Sale. They're gonna be very tough when Fordy is fit.

Also, a comms team of Cotter, Best and Scarratt is A+
Warr and Du Preez doing an excellent job as replacement half backs. It will be interesting to see if they have to change their style slightly when Ford is playing.

Agree about Cotter very entertaining particularly his stories about Rodd and the last time Ulster were nilled
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

There are going to be some big sides going out of Europe in the group stages. Ulster have got La Rochelle at home next week.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Cracking game at the Stonex. Edinburgh down by 4 with 7 minutes to go. Boffelli kicking like a dream.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Well deserved win for Toulouse at Thomond Park! I’ve already got my ticket for the return match in Toulouse. Next Sunday, Toulouse are at home to Sale who thumped Ulster, and that will be tough.
Semper in excretia
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Robespierre wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 5:05 pm Well deserved win for Toulouse at Thomond Park! I’ve already got my ticket for the return match in Toulouse. Next Sunday, Toulouse are at home to Sale who thumped Ulster, and that will be tough.
Ulster were poor Robes. Munster going to struggle to get out of the group stages.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 5:07 pm
Robespierre wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 5:05 pm Well deserved win for Toulouse at Thomond Park! I’ve already got my ticket for the return match in Toulouse. Next Sunday, Toulouse are at home to Sale who thumped Ulster, and that will be tough.
Ulster were poor Robes. Munster going to struggle to get out of the group stages.
Munster are at Northampton next weekend, and Saints will hopefully be looking to bounce back after their heavy defeat in La Rochelle. Roll on next Saturday for the match against Clermont !!
Semper in excretia
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Fantastic performances from the SA teams (for the most part),so glad they joined!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Robespierre wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 5:12 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 5:07 pm
Munster are at Northampton next weekend, and Saints will hopefully be looking to bounce back after their heavy defeat in La Rochelle. Roll on next Saturday for the match against Clermont !!
We are going to be at both games next weekend, anyone got any Munster gear?
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 1:49 pm Fantastic decision by Reynal. Shame about Tuilagi but really don’t know what else Warwick the Ulster player could do.
If anything the collision was caused by Tuilagi running into the contact so upright.
Red card. Warwick had time to eat a bacon roll, check his hair then get into a low tackling position. The onus is on the tackler. He stayed upright, head on head…..red card. Unbelievable decision by random Reynal. If we’re trying to stop head injuries and decisions like this are going to be made we may as well not bother.

Sale are going to be difficult to stop once Ford gets into the side.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

westwinds31 wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 7:57 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 1:49 pm Fantastic decision by Reynal. Shame about Tuilagi but really don’t know what else Warwick the Ulster player could do.
Red card. Warwick had time to eat a bacon roll, check his hair then get into a low tackling position. The onus is on the tackler. He stayed upright, head on head…..red card. Unbelievable decision by random Reynal. If we’re trying to stop head injuries and decisions like this are going to be made we may as well not bother.

Have to agree to disagree Warwick tried to wrap the arms was totally passive and Tuilagi runs into him at speed totally upright. I was pleased to see some common sense on the pitch, and if anything Tuilagi should have been penalised. All IMO of course
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

westwinds31 wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 7:57 pm

Red for me too! How long did he have to get in position?! Yes,onus is always on the tackler
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer