Tigers post Borthwick - next Head Coach?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

AViewFromLe2

Re: Tigers post Borthwick - next Head Coach?

Post by AViewFromLe2 »

Scott1 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:52 pm
AViewFromLe2 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:38 pm
sapajo wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:16 pm

Just the fact that Pinchen stated on RL that WW had been set zero targets and he would be in considered for the permanent position of HC . Now Tigers have said WW is off and Pinchen has stated publicly that somehow WW is committed to finishing this season successfully. What ever the heck that means? It simply does not add upto me
It means you know literally nothing about what’s been going on at Tigers.

Two weeks ago you were confidently predicting that the club would screw the fans over by forcing Wiggy on us, on the cheap. That is quite clearly not the case.

Cotter, Cheika, Townsend, Lancaster, McFarland. All names linked to us by credible sources. All fantastic choices with decent CV’s & top quality coaches. If tigers land one of them, they’ve done well.

The conspiracy theory that Tigers will do all it can to appoint Wiggy has now proven to be false. You should have some decency to apologise.
Definitely works for the club this fella/lass :smt005
Swing and a miss champ.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

AViewFromLe2 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:12 pm
AViewFromLe2 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:38 pm

It means you know literally nothing about what’s been going on at Tigers.

Two weeks ago you were confidently predicting that the club would screw the fans over by forcing Wiggy on us, on the cheap. That is quite clearly not the case.

Cotter, Cheika, Townsend, Lancaster, McFarland. All names linked to us by credible sources. All fantastic choices with decent CV’s & top quality coaches. If tigers land one of them, they’ve done well.

The conspiracy theory that Tigers will do all it can to appoint Wiggy has now proven to be false. You should have some decency to apologise.
Swing and a miss champ.
Very protective though ,Sapajo is entitled to his opinions. I don't like the pile on!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
AViewFromLe2

Post by AViewFromLe2 »

Scott1 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:21 pm

Swing and a miss champ.
Very protective though ,Sapajo is entitled to his opinions. I don't like the pile on!
The club is not immune from criticism but too many people ignorantly lob abuse at the club, without anything to back it up. If it’s so obvious that the club have made mistakes let’s hear evidence.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

AViewFromLe2 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:31 pm

Swing and a miss champ.
The club is not immune from criticism but too many people ignorantly lob abuse at the club, without anything to back it up. If it’s so obvious that the club have made mistakes let’s hear evidence.
The club have form though for making the club a laughing stock,obviously people are still scarred. Let's see who what happens first before you start to enjoy your online victory :smt002
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
AViewFromLe2

Post by AViewFromLe2 »

Scott1 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:33 pm

The club have form though for making the club a laughing stock,obviously people are still scarred. Let's see who what happens first before you start to enjoy your online victory :smt002
I’m not doing any victory celebration. But you both have written post after post slagging the club off, adamant that Wiggy was getting the job because the club doesn’t care about the fans, with no evidence to back that up.

We have been linked by credible sources to some decent names. We’re all intrigued to see who we get, but at this stage, I’m pleased with the stature of the names the club are looking at. We should all be happy with the ambition being shown.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

AViewFromLe2 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:44 pm

I’m not doing any victory celebration. But you both have written post after post slagging the club off, adamant that Wiggy was getting the job because the club doesn’t care about the fans, with no evidence to back that up.

We have been linked by credible sources to some decent names. We’re all intrigued to see who we get, but at this stage, I’m pleased with the stature of the names the club are looking at. We should all be happy with the ambition being shown.
How do you know that the club didn't have any inkling WW was leaving and decided he was their man all along? Most interviews and sounding out could've been before WW arrived. You don't! Same as all of us,complete guesswork!
AViewFromLe2

Post by AViewFromLe2 »

Scott1 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:47 pm

How do you know that the club didn't have any inkling WW was leaving and decided he was their man all along? Most interviews and sounding out could've been before WW arrived. You don't! Same as all of us,complete guesswork!
All of us don’t know what is going on. Which is why you shouldn’t be throwing abuse at the club with no evidence, like you have been doing.

I have never ever said the club have been perfect. I have never said the club has played a blinder. But I will ask for people to back up their claims that the club are useless.

I repeat, the club are not immune from criticism, but some of the stuff thrown at it from people on here is well over the top and unfounded.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

AViewFromLe2 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:56 pm

All of us don’t know what is going on. Which is why you shouldn’t be throwing abuse at the club with no evidence, like you have been doing.

I have never ever said the club have been perfect. I have never said the club has played a blinder. But I will ask for people to back up their claims that the club are useless.

I repeat, the club are not immune from criticism, but some of the stuff thrown at it from people on here is well over the top and unfounded.
Abuse? Grow a pair for goodness sake!
anz3001
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by anz3001 »

You are wasting your time and it’ll send you mad, leave them to it.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

wormus wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:58 am The RFU and Steve Borthwick have stripped the club of our coaching assets and I bet he also took the 12 foot step ladder too! :smt013
He definitely took the ladder, he is standing on it in the Telegraph photo.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

So what do we think the deal with WW is? Andrea didn't think he was going with Borths because of her comments about him being in the frame for the top job. So wasn't WW Borths first choice?
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

wigworth wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:44 pm
Scuttle wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:05 pm
wigworth wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:36 pm What's the rabbit population like in the Leicestershire countryside?
I thought we were talking about Vern, Warren has now started with Wales so too late for him.
I was, I guess you may not be aware of Jim Hamilton's infamous rabbit story.
Ah no I'm not. I gathered there was some hidden joke but couldn't resist the dreadful pun 😅
As Good As It Gets
Tigers86asw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigers86asw »

I could not agree more.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

I have to admire all the Argentinian players playing over here and in Euro, if Cheika is responsible, then he will do for me.
anz3001
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by anz3001 »

Scott1 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:21 pm So what do we think the deal with WW is? Andrea didn't think he was going with Borths because of her comments about him being in the frame for the top job. So wasn't WW Borths first choice?
Personally, I don’t think he was ever likely to get the job unless he excelled immediately. I believe he was in contention but only as an outside chance and he was much more likely to go to England than excel and be offered the head coach role. If he had have been offered the HC with us, Borthwick would have wished him well and looked for someone else.

During Andrea’s radio interview I never thought she sounded convinced now was wiggy’s time.

Also, I believe that Wiggy and the team knew he was off in the dressing room after the saints game. The video on social media he was talking about ‘between now and the end of the season’ with the conviction of a bloke that knew it didn’t go beyond that.

Then Aled’s brief address to the pundits during the Sale loss, just didn’t sound like him.

I know it’s easy to say with hindsight but at those three points I genuinely believed this was how it was going to play out.

Hoped Aled would stay though.