Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Ospreys (A) - Sunday 11th December 2022 - KO 17.30

Post by Scott1 »

sam16111986 wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 4:45 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 8:52 pm
LE18 wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 7:45 pm

Surely Heyes should have said something, at least once if he was being illegally pulled down, he just accepted, was it 5 times.? I'm still not convinced, Heyes acceptance and lack of any reactions did nothing to convince me.
Pity we cant ask Dan what he thought and how he would have handled it.
He wouldn’t have pulled that on Dan. He would have tried it once Dan would have dropped his face in the dirt and would have been cleaning it off while Dan berated the ref and touch judge.
The advantage of an extra 12 years experience and 90 caps.

I remember a young Dan Cole having some real issues against a smaller French loosehead who used similar tricks. It's a learning experience.
Why did I think Domingo was Italian? 🤦‍♀️ Thats who I was talking about earlier on this thread
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

LE18 wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 7:45 pm

Surely Heyes should have said something, at least once if he was being illegally pulled down, he just accepted, was it 5 times.? I'm still not convinced, Heyes acceptance and lack of any reactions did nothing to convince me.
Pity we cant ask Dan what he thought and how he would have handled it.
He wouldn’t have pulled that on Dan. He would have tried it once Dan would have dropped his face in the dirt and would have been cleaning it off while Dan berated the ref and touch judge.

I remember a young Dan Cole having some real issues against a smaller French loosehead who used similar tricks. It's a learning experience.
You are correct and it must be remembered that a front row stands and falls together and Whitcombe and Claire were both busy enough with their opposite numbers not to be able to give their mate a hand. It was after all an all welsh front row up against them.
I remember speaking to Dan fairly early in his test career after a game in Paris. I’m fairly sure it was Payne the Wasps prop who was being demolished by his opposite number but Dan couldn’t do much to help as he was being kept busy by the French loosehead.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Rugbygramps wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 5:18 pm

You are correct and it must be remembered that a front row stands and falls together and Whitcombe and Claire were both busy enough with their opposite numbers not to be able to give their mate a hand. It was after all an all welsh front row up against them.
I remember speaking to Dan fairly early in his test career after a game in Paris. I’m fairly sure it was Payne the Wasps prop who was being demolished by his opposite number but Dan couldn’t do much to help as he was being kept busy by the French loosehead.
Exactly why Englands scrum gets demolished with Mako in it!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

North out for two weeks with a cheekbone injury. Saw it at the time and thought maybe the game should’ve been stopped for a head injury but he got up himself and moved out of the way of play then went down on his knees again. Another head injury for him though and I really worry about this guy when he’s older!
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

Scott1 wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:09 am North out for two weeks with a cheekbone injury. Saw it at the time and thought maybe the game should’ve been stopped for a head injury but he got up himself and moved out of the way of play then went down on his knees again. Another head injury for him though and I really worry about this guy when he’s older!
With the number of head injuries he has suffered I'd say he ought to be worrying now.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

drc_007 wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:17 am
Scott1 wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:09 am North out for two weeks with a cheekbone injury. Saw it at the time and thought maybe the game should’ve been stopped for a head injury but he got up himself and moved out of the way of play then went down on his knees again. Another head injury for him though and I really worry about this guy when he’s older!
With the number of head injuries he has suffered I'd say he ought to be worrying now.
Probably too tough for his own good mate
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Puzzled as to what cheekbone injury can heal in 2 weeks?

Sounds like a head injury being dressed up as something else perhaps?
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

mol2 wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 3:05 pm Puzzled as to what cheekbone injury can heal in 2 weeks?

Sounds like a head injury being dressed up as something else perhaps?
Yes,a fracture can take a while but then again Danty was playing the week after! 😉