Tigers v Ospreys (A) - Sunday 11th December 2022 - KO 17.30

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Tigers v Ospreys (A) - Sunday 11th December 2022 - KO 17.30

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Ok so Europe, we need to rest some and give others a shot amd more gametime I'd go something like this

Watson
Potter
Porter
Kelly
Murimurivalu
Atkinson
Van Poortvliet (c)
Whitcombe
Clare
Heyes
Chessum
Henderson
Martin
Cracknell
Wiese

Oghre
Leatigaga
Hurd
Wells
Liebenberg
Edwards
Burns
Scott
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Ospreys (A) - Sunday 11th December 2022 - KO 17.30

Post by Rugbygramps »

I think we will see a much changed side as I think with Bordeaux first away trip last season.
Who knows but might see something like.

Murimurivalu
Ashton
Cocanasinga
Scott
Saumaki
Atkinson
JVP
Whitcombe
Claire
Heyes
Green
Wells
Martin
Cracknell
Jansen

Bench- TCD, Cronin, Cole, Chessum, Wiese, Wigglesworth, Burns, Potter
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

If Simmons is fit he needs a game, I would quite like to see Illione @ 7 & either Chessum Jnr or Manz Snr in the 23, I wouldn't be surprised to see Atkinson/Gopperth at 10/12.

On paper the Ospreys can put a half decent 15 out.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

It seems that you are thinking that Tigers will give a lower priority to the European competition? While I would suggest that they aren’t at the same level of Leinster, La Rochelle and Toulouse for example, I’d be surprised and disappointed if Tigers don’t take it 100% seriously and pick a less than full strength side for Ospreys.
Semper in excretia
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Whitcombe
Clare
Heyes
Wells
Green
Martin
Cracknell
Jansen
WW
Gopperth
Saumaki
Kelly
Cockanisiga
Murivalu
Watson

Oghre, Ladygaga,Hurd,Henderson,Weise,JVP,Burns,Potter
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Robespierre wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:33 pm It seems that you are thinking that Tigers will give a lower priority to the European competition? While I would suggest that they aren’t at the same level of Leinster, La Rochelle and Toulouse for example, I’d be surprised and disappointed if Tigers don’t take it 100% seriously and pick a less than full strength side for Ospreys.
Robes I feel everybody is going on the sides that were picked away in both France and Ireland last European campaign which to be fair both did a job.

We then have Clermont and Gloucester at home and Sale away which I anticipate we will go full bore for
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Robespierre wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:33 pm It seems that you are thinking that Tigers will give a lower priority to the European competition? While I would suggest that they aren’t at the same level of Leinster, La Rochelle and Toulouse for example, I’d be surprised and disappointed if Tigers don’t take it 100% seriously and pick a less than full strength side for Ospreys.
Going on last season we won't. We rotated heavily for away European games and got some very good results so I expect Borths will do the same.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

I went to the match in Bordeaux a year ago and I think Tigers were more or less full strength, although I don’t think Montoya or Nadolo were in the squad.
Semper in excretia
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Side in Bordeaux last year was

Hegarty
Potter
Porter
Scott
Saumaki
Ford
Jvp
Genge
Dolly
Heyes
Chessum
Green
Martin
Reffell
Wiese.

Not as rotated as I thought although some of that team weren’t as far up the pecking order as they are now.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Robespierre wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:03 pm I went to the match in Bordeaux a year ago and I think Tigers were more or less full strength, although I don’t think Montoya or Nadolo were in the squad.
No Steward,Moroni,Kelly,Youngs,Nadolo, Montoya,Cole,Liebenberg, Van Staden,Wells in the 23 or starting lineup. Hegarty,Murivalu,Saumaki in the backs. That's just a quick look. That was heavily rotated to what was arguably our best XV at that time
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:16 pm
Robespierre wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:03 pm I went to the match in Bordeaux a year ago and I think Tigers were more or less full strength, although I don’t think Montoya or Nadolo were in the squad.
No Steward,Moroni,Kelly,Youngs,Nadolo, Montoya,Cole,Liebenberg, Van Staden,Wells in the 23 or starting lineup. Hegarty,Murivalu,Saumaki in the backs. That's just a quick look. That was heavily rotated to what was arguably our best XV at that time
👍
Semper in excretia
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

I think we'll rotate a few players, I don't think it will be wholesale but I don't think it'll be first choice either. The England players will probably be required to be rested at some point (not Porter or Heyes as I don't think they played enough minutes).

Something like:

Whitcombe, Clare, Heyes
Henderson, Chessum
Martin, Cracknell, Ilione
JVP, Atkinson
Kelly, Porter
Saumaki, Watson, Potter

Oghre, Leatigaga, Cole, Green, Jansen, Wigglesworth, Burns, Cokanasiga.

That should be strong enough to go to Ospreys and get us something but at the same time rest Montoya, Youngs, Steward and Liebenburg. Rest Weise and JVP the week after. Bring back Wells and/or Snyman for Clermont.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

sam16111986 wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:20 pm I think we'll rotate a few players, I don't think it will be wholesale but I don't think it'll be first choice either. The England players will probably be required to be rested at some point (not Porter or Heyes as I don't think they played enough minutes).

Something like:

Whitcombe, Clare, Heyes
Henderson, Chessum
Martin, Cracknell, Ilione
JVP, Atkinson
Kelly, Porter
Saumaki, Watson, Potter

Oghre, Leatigaga, Cole, Green, Jansen, Wigglesworth, Burns, Cokanasiga.

That should be strong enough to go to Ospreys and get us something but at the same time rest Montoya, Youngs, Steward and Liebenburg. Rest Weise and JVP the week after. Bring back Wells and/or Snyman for Clermont.
I like that back row 👍
Grimlish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Grimlish »

I was there too Robespierre, and Scott is right - the bench too was not exactly stacked - Whitcombe, Socino, Wiggy not Ben, Muri - good players taking their chance but a lot who werent first choice.
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

This is this season where so far Tigers haven’t had the chance to be a cohesive team.
I don’t get all this rest business! We haven’t played Worcester or Wasps so the players have had rest periods.
Lastly, Steve Borthwick has more than once moaned about the lack of game time for this changed squad ( well Ford, Genge and a lesser degree Van Staden), so why not give the players a chance to build partnerships.
Yes, Weise and Montoya need a rest having played the most throughout August and the Autumn.
Having said all that I don’t mind if we do give some fringe players game time v Ospreys then as full strength as possible through to the Six Nations!