Tigers v Clermont (H] - Saturday 17th December 2022 - KO 3-15pm

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Tigers v Clermont (H] - Saturday 17th December 2022 - KO 3-15pm

Post by Robespierre »

I thought that I'd open the match thread with a few comments about the Clermont side.

They beat current champions Montpellier this afternoon at home 19-14 and are now 10th in the Top14, only 3 points from an end of season play-off place, but they've been blowing hot and cold this season having won 5, drawn 1 and lost 6 matches.

Half backs Camille Lopez and Morgan Parra have left to join Bayonne and Stade Français respectively, and the current first choice half backs seem to be scrum half Sébastien Bézy (8 caps for France) and fly half Jules Plisson (18 caps), so are not without experience. Another fly half on their books is former Toulon player Anthony Belleau (12 caps) who will surely be in the matchday squad.

In the second row are Sébastien Vahaamahina (46 caps, and known for being stupidly sent off in the 2019 World Cup QF against Wales, which probably cost France the match) and Tomàs Lavanini, who hasn't hit the heights expected of him (where've you read that before?)

Clermont are very strong on the wing with the outstanding Damian Penaud (37 caps) and Fijian frog Alivereti Raki (5 caps for France).

Their pack are traditionally combative and will not take a backward step, but I would think that Tigers will be firm favourites but they shouldn't underestimate Clermont.

Hopefully it'll be a full house and yours truly already has his ticket on then terrace!
Semper in excretia
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Clermont (H] - Saturday 17th December 2022 - KO 3-15pm

Post by voice of the crumbie »

Thanks for the analysis, Robes. I hope you enjoy the match from the Terrace. I'll be there also.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Clermont (H] - Saturday 17th December 2022 - KO 3-15pm

Post by Robespierre »

voice of the crumbie wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:55 pm Thanks for the analysis, Robes. I hope you enjoy the match from the Terrace. I'll be there also.
👍
Semper in excretia