Youngs
Burns
Potter
Scott
Porter
Watson
Steward

Whitcombe,Clare,Heyes,Green,Martin,JVP,Atkinson,Ashton
Last edited by Scott1 on Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Bristol Bears (A) - Saturday 03rd December 2022 KO 8-00pm

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

For me Genge is going to WANT to play the Leicester game. So sith that if he's fit I'd go for our best scrummaging pack and have Cronin start.

Also if Wells only just became a father again I'd give him another paternity game off now we have Chessum back especially.

Liebenberg has played a lot of minutes this season too so give him a bench spot this weekend.

Watson
Ashton
Porter
Scott
Potter
Atkinson
Youngs
Cronin
Montoya
Cole
Martin
Chessum
Cracknell
Reffell
Wiese

Oghre
Whitcombe
Heyes
Henderson
Liebenberg
Wigglesworth
Burns
Cokanasiga
Last edited by TigerFeetSteve on Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:08 pm For me Genge is going to WANT to play the Leicester game. So sith that if he's fit I'd go for our best scrummaging pack and have Cronin start.

Also if Wells only just became a father again I'd give him another paternity game off now we have Chessum back especially.

Liebenberg has played a lot of minutes this season too so give him a bench spot this weekend.

Watson
Ashton
Porter
Scott
Potter
Atkinson
Youngs
Cronin
Montoya
Cole
Martin
Chessum
Cracknell
Reffell
Wiese

Oghre
Whitcombe
Heyes
Henderson
Reffell
Wigglesworth
Burns
Cokanasiga
Sorry,did mean Cronin not Van Wyk. My mistake,plus you have Reffell in there twice mate
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
RunTigerRun
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RunTigerRun »

I can see Kelly having a place in the 23 for this game - I'm undecided whether to bench him or start him, but I would be surprised if he isn't included.

Pollard I think will come back over the European games gradually and be ready to hit the Premiership come 2023.
GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GB72 »

I have lost track on the postion regarding Genge and when he can and cannot play. DId he finish the rest period after the summer as I know he came back early but I do not recall him missing a week since. Is there any compulsory rest periods between now and the 6 nations for those that played in the Autumn internationals as well. Several clubs had approved plans to manage the 10 week rest period over an extended period with play allowed but I cannot recall if those players have simply kept going since the season started. No chance of him missing next week's match but I am interested to see how the clubs that applied their own approach to international rest periods actually do it. Has the Wasps/Worcester situation played into thier hands by actually now buiding that extra rest into the season to the disadvantage of those who actually stuck to the straight 10 weeks off (not that we id as I think a couple of ours started a week early).
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Scott1 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:10 pm
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:08 pm For me Genge is going to WANT to play the Leicester game. So sith that if he's fit I'd go for our best scrummaging pack and have Cronin start.

Watson
Ashton
Porter
Scott
Potter
Atkinson
Youngs
Cronin
Montoya
Cole
Martin
Chessum
Cracknell
Reffell
Wiese

Oghre
Whitcombe
Heyes
Henderson
Reffell
Wigglesworth
Burns
Cokanasiga
Sorry,did mean Cronin not Van Wyk. My mistake,plus you have Reffell in there twice mate
Sorry meant to put Liebenberg on the bench.... have edited
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

GB72 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:19 pm I have lost track on the postion regarding Genge and when he can and cannot play. DId he finish the rest period after the summer as I know he came back early but I do not recall him missing a week since. Is there any compulsory rest periods between now and the 6 nations for those that played in the Autumn internationals as well. Several clubs had approved plans to manage the 10 week rest period over an extended period with play allowed but I cannot recall if those players have simply kept going since the season started. No chance of him missing next week's match but I am interested to see how the clubs that applied their own approach to international rest periods actually do it. Has the Wasps/Worcester situation played into thier hands by actually now buiding that extra rest into the season to the disadvantage of those who actually stuck to the straight 10 weeks off (not that we id as I think a couple of ours started a week early).
Pretty sure Genge missed a few weeks, just wasn't the first round
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Agree about Cronin, also think enough was shown by Chessum and Martin together for them to stay in the row. Also think we need to give Saumaki a run otherwise what’s the point in having him. Would also rest Steward he didn’t miss a minute of the November tests and had some support strapping on towards the end.

Cronin
Montoya
Cole
Martin
Chessum
Liebenberg
Reffell
Wiese
Youngs
Atkinson
Saumaki
Scott
Porter
Potter
Watson

Bench: Oghre Whitcombe Heyes Wells Cracknell Wigglesworth Burns/Pollard Kelly
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

I’d play Steward and give him the week off for Ospreys. But agree he does need a break
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Do we go guns blazing here to knit the squad together for the Ospreys game, or do we rotate as normal for an away game? kinda tricky decision for the coaching squad.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

tigerburnie wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:20 am Do we go guns blazing here to knit the squad together for the Ospreys game, or do we rotate as normal for an away game? kinda tricky decision for the coaching squad.
Going on last season he will rotate for Ospreys
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

With the salary cap of the English clubs it means for me The Premiership is the priority then, like last season, give it a good go in Europe. I was almost pleased when we lost to Leinster last season as I then really did believe we could win the Premiership.
Bristol, like Irish, aren’t a bad side and now have important players returning from England and injury.
A huge banana skin of a game.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

I'd have thought we'd go stronger in the league and then rotate a bit Vs the Ospreys. Our form hasn't been great and getting another win on the board in the Prem would be a boost.

We rotated quite heavily in the away European games last season so wouldn't be surprised to see that again for the trip to Wales with us then going strong at home.
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

I'd be happy to rest Steward this week, Watson has looked quality at full-back and it protects him before bringing him back into the fold over the European weekends. For me Saumaki replaces Ashton, something needs to spark the hunger again and maybe being dropped will help focus the mind. On the other hand, JvP had two very difficult games for England in the last two weeks. Bring him back into the starting XV to build his confidence back, whilst letting Ben start the two European games.

I'd be very tempted to go with Whitcombe and Heyes to start in the front row. Genge and Sinkler have been beasted by England and those two are very capable scrummagers. Especially with Montoya between them, who if the Argentina Scotland game is anything to go by, could well create a situation whereby one of Genge or Sinckler end up in the bin. Cronin and Cole come on with half hour to go and Bristol won't be able to cope with it.

I really want to see Atkinson start, but think he'll benefit from playing with Ben rather than JVP, so I'd hold off for this week.

15. Anthony Watson
14. Hosea Saumaki
13. Matt Scott
12. Guy Porter
11. Harry Potter
10. Freddie Burns
9. Jack van Poortvelt
1. James Whitcombe
2. Julian Montoya
3. Joe Heyes
4. George Martin
5. Ollie Chessum
6. Hanro Liebenberg
7. Tommy Reffell
8. Jasper Wiese

16. Gabriel Oghre
17. James Cronin
18. Dan Cole
19. Calum Green
20. Olly Cracknell
21. Ben Youngs
22. Charlie Atkinson
23. Phil Cokanasinga
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Pollard is Tigers players representative at the European launch today. This is usually carried out by a player not quite fit enough for return, Ford was there for Sale. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him for either the Ospreys or Clermont games.